Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 12:57 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,023,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
If the OP has read your previous posts, she will realize that you're a Cincinnati poster conflicted with an honesty, denial or delusional issue: the Creation Museum and the Ark Experience are in the Cinci metro because of its airport. Trying to mislead folks that Cinci and its region is not the deeply conservative place it truly is.the deep conservative roots. It's not a bad thing for some people (those that like these things and Kim Davis) but could be problem for some others or those that could care either way.

The OP very well could be another ''thinking of moving'' but has no intention of doing so but Cinci is a conservative area, plain and simple. Not sure why you have to mislead folks about that but that's how Cinci rolls...btw, I don't live in Cleveland now but have lived in Cincinnati so I know of what I speak on this topic.
You're straining way too hard to associate Cincinnati with backward institutions and people in order to make Cleveland look good. If Ken Ham and Kim Davis represent Cincinnati all so well, what must an alcoholic midget NFL quarterback and a Godzilla-like NBA player suggest about Cleveland? (No harm in asking, is there?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2015, 01:33 PM

11,056 posts, read 12,452,032 times
yeah the whole backwards thing doesn't make sense to me. When I lived in Columbus, I liked to go visit my brother who lived in Cincinnati at the time. Used to go hang out in otr, north side, downtown, Newport and Covington. Always had a good time. I don't know the city that well, but I've never encountered this backwardness that is supposedly everywhere. Yeah I see the Ten Commandments and touchdown Jesus and I know the creationism thing is nearby. But yea know what? If someone has money and wants to build stuff like that, they can.

Old 10-23-2015, 01:49 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,023,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
yeah the whole backwards thing doesn't make sense to me. When I lived in Columbus, I liked to go visit my brother who lived in Cincinnati at the time. Used to go hang out in otr, north side, downtown, Newport and Covington. Always had a good time. I don't know the city that well, but I've never encountered this backwardness that is supposedly everywhere. Yeah I see the Ten Commandments and touchdown Jesus and I know the creationism thing is nearby. But yea know what? If someone has money and wants to build stuff like that, they can.
Thanks for offering these observations when you did. Maybe what you said will help bring this thread back on track.

Old 10-23-2015, 02:53 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,943,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Visiting and living in a place are two different things. Also, I only pointed out motorman's need to downplay the this Creation and Ark nonsense because of the airport. If motorman had said what you state regarding the money, that's fine. The element supporting these things are there; that's good for some but could be an issue for others. I don't really care but to mislead people about it is another thing.

Anyone can build whatever they want with their money but no one is, generally, going to create a museum in area that is not a fit for the locale.

Most people can have a ''good time'' bar hopping in any decent sized cities. Been to Newport, Covington, OTR etc myself, had a good time as well. Had a great time a few years back at Cinci's Oktoberfest, very fun.

Last edited by Kamms; 10-23-2015 at 03:05 PM..

Old 10-23-2015, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
You're straining way too hard to associate Cincinnati with backward institutions and people in order to make Cleveland look good. If Ken Ham and Kim Davis represent Cincinnati all so well, what must an alcoholic midget NFL quarterback and a Godzilla-like NBA player suggest about Cleveland? (No harm in asking, is there?)
Did anyone mention Cleveland other than you? However, since you had to go there, Cinci has the Creation Museum and Cleveland has the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame & Museum...case closed. Drunken quarterbacks or not, this is one of the cultural differences between Cinci and Cleveland.

Old 10-23-2015, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Thanks for offering these observations when you did. Maybe what you said will help bring this thread back on track.
You also played up during Cinci's run for the 2016 RNC that the deep-seated Republican/conservative money and roots in Cinci were assured to land the convention in the Queen City. Ended up not going to Cinci because of its loser arena despite the secret Republican/conservative cabal guaranteed to land the convention.

Maybe if you had simply said ''yeah, it's generally a conservative region'' instead of excusing these 2 icons of Christian fundamentalism in your area because of an airport.

Last edited by Kamms; 10-23-2015 at 03:14 PM..

Old 10-23-2015, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Do hope you really really like snow(lake effect) if you're considering Cleveland.

Dayton and especially Columbus also have some strong German communities.

Will pump Yellow Springs again. The city has a Portland like feel with easy access to biking/hiking trails. Clifton gorge in particular is a nice hike. Ohio and surrounding states do have some nice parks, just may have to drive a little further to get to them.

Have you looked at Pennsylvania or West Virginia? They have a lot more state parks/forests/mountains. Tennessee is also becoming a destination state.
You're comparing Yellow Springs, OH (pop. 3,500) to Portland, OR (pop. 600,000+)? Of course everything is easy access in Yellow Springs, there are more people in one block in Portland than in all of Yellow Springs.

Old 10-23-2015, 03:15 PM

17,304 posts, read 12,251,233 times
I referenced it as a "mini" Portland originally in the thread, yes. For the similar culture. Farm to table restaurants. Lots of biking/hiking opportunities nearby. Hipsters and ex-hippies everywhere. The overall vibe basically. Nothing to do with size.

Old 10-23-2015, 03:16 PM

Quote:
What does this NBA player suggest about Cleveland? LeBron James? Don't get your connection with that one.

Old 10-23-2015, 03:46 PM

3,513 posts, read 5,161,281 times
Motion to close thread... It has exceeded its useful life for the OP, and this current discussion should happen elsewhere.

I'll mention Yac to get his attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio