Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 10:35 AM

110 posts, read 147,564 times

Advertisements

Columbus, Cincinnati and Cleveland in that order. Cleveland is a flat Pittsburgh or vice versa. Cincinnati is the wild card. It will improve I beliveve. Columbus is the best of the three mentioned by a mile
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2015, 11:48 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,423,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Velcoro View Post
Columbus, Cincinnati and Cleveland in that order. Cleveland is a flat Pittsburgh or vice versa. Cincinnati is the wild card. It will improve I beliveve. Columbus is the best of the three mentioned by a mile
We get it, you are a Columbus homer. Try actually helping the op. I find it unlikely they know anything about Pittsburgh. And that's a flat out false statement anyway. While we're talking nonsense, can I say that Columbus is basically a smaller Indianapolis only without the pro sports and nice downtown? Seriously, that's exactly what you sound like when you talk about other places.

My advice to you in this order: 1- put aside your homerism to help people every now and then, 2- actually go to Cleveland, 3- have some basis for you opinions on occasion aside from gut reactions.

Old 10-23-2015, 12:01 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,018,013 times
^^

Old 10-23-2015, 02:50 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,930,200 times
The Cincinnati metro area actually gained about 16,000 in population from 2013 to 2014. This data was released last month on the Census website. Meanwhile, the Columbus metro gained about 27,000, and Cleveland metro lost about 1,000.

Old 10-23-2015, 03:02 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,040,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
We get it, you are a Columbus homer. Try actually helping the op. I find it unlikely they know anything about Pittsburgh. And that's a flat out false statement anyway. While we're talking nonsense, can I say that Columbus is basically a smaller Indianapolis only without the pro sports and nice downtown? Seriously, that's exactly what you sound like when you talk about other places.

My advice to you in this order: 1- put aside your homerism to help people every now and then, 2- actually go to Cleveland, 3- have some basis for you opinions on occasion aside from gut reactions.
I see absolutely no difference between what he's doing and what many posters from the other 2-Cs do on a regular basis. Where is your criticism of them? On the Ohio forum, it's long been a double-standard. It's not like everyone is completely objective outside of Columbus. Come on, have you seen all the "...But have you heard about Cleveland?!?" posts that fill up the Columbus forum half the time? I know you have.

Besides, threads like this one are tailor-made for blatant homerism.

Old 10-23-2015, 03:53 PM

11,052 posts, read 12,423,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
I see absolutely no difference between what he's doing and what many posters from the other 2-Cs do on a regular basis. Where is your criticism of them? On the Ohio forum, it's long been a double-standard. It's not like everyone is completely objective outside of Columbus. Come on, have you seen all the "...But have you heard about Cleveland?!?" posts that fill up the Columbus forum half the time? I know you have.

This is a very useful thread for the op who is from Brazil and has zero experience in Ohio.

As for other posters talking about Cleveland, at least they have information. My boy Ray now is the most one sided poster I've seen. Other posters at least sometimes post information. Going forward, I'm going to just automatically assume that Ray v says "Columbus is he absolute bestestestest." For every topic that comes up. he's literally the least helpful person on this forum.

Old 10-23-2015, 04:51 PM

1,046 posts, read 1,534,129 times
Quote:

The folks on the Cincinnati forum don't really try to convince someone who is considering Cbus to also consider Cincy. It's more of a "come see for yourself and if you like it then stay, if not go elsewhere" kind of vibe. This is a complete 180 from those in the Cleveland forum who always feel like they have something to prove to someone and that it's a personal loss of some sort if someone decides to not move there. The most common yet cringe worthy theme is when someone decides to not move to Cleveland and they are then accused of "well why did you make so and so poster waste all that time telling you about the place if in the end you decided to not come here!?!"

After living in all three of the C's, I can tell you first hand as an unbiased poster that people of Cincinnati don't really give Cleveland a 2nd thought. It's really kind of a bummer seeing a how Cleveland is also a big city that resides in Ohio, but it is what it is I guess.

Old 10-23-2015, 04:54 PM

At least by now we can all rest assured that the OP has informed his employer of his city of choice. (see Post #1) Maybe he'll let us know which one he picked.

Old 10-23-2015, 05:19 PM

1,046 posts, read 1,534,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
At least by now we can all rest assured that the OP has informed his employer of his city of choice. (see Post #1) Maybe he'll let us know which one he picked.
And ruin the suspense?!? Someone mentioned soccer. I was in Brazil last year on some business and let me tell you, with 5 world cup wins, I had to heard about it every day. Quite impressive actually.

Old 10-23-2015, 05:54 PM

Quote:
I see absolutely no difference between what he's doing and what many posters from the other 2-Cs do on a regular basis. Where is your criticism of them? On the Ohio forum, it's long been a double-standard. It's not like everyone is completely objective outside of (city name) Come on, have you seen all the "...But have you heard about (city name)?!?posts that fill up the (city name) forum half the time? I know you have...
Yes, we feel your pain, having filled in the blanks numerous times according to our own situations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio