Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 12:50 PM

353 posts, read 1,706,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler87 View Post
LMAO are you serious? Don't go to Colorado, exteremly expensive, and people with ^ that type of attitude. Please mikieo, tell us who was trying to keep hopelessly lost from moving out? We gave HL states to look into. I know many from Colorado that came to Ohio for college, and now live here. Colorado is overrated, got to Utah lol.
Traveler,
Perhaps you should only post things you know to be factual, not just second hand information. You are claiming things based on hearsay. The cost of living is somewhat more than in Ohio as far as housing is concerned, but the earning potential is much higher. Utilities are cheaper, food is about the same, gasoline is cheaper. Most people in Colorado are no more stuck up than anywhere else. In fact, I'd say they are friendlier than most. I never said you were trying to convince HL to stay. I don't understand why you took my posting personally, as if I was calling you out in it. I certainly was not. But if you never lived in Colorado, how can you comment on it and the people who live there? Sounds rather presumptive. If I said So. Cal. was overrated, who would believe me? I never lived there. That is why I don't say it.

You said that Colorado is filled with people with attitudes like mine. What is wrong with people like me who have a ton of positive things to say about their state? The Colorado and Denver forum posts are mostly positive. The Ohio posts are chock full of people who are leaving or unhappy about their home cities and states.

Last edited by Mikieo415; 02-10-2008 at 12:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 01:01 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,898,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikieo415 View Post
Traveler,
Perhaps you should only post things you know to be factual, not just second hand information. You are claiming things based on hearsay. The cost of living is somewhat more than in Ohio as far as housing is concerned, but the earning potential is much higher. Utilities are cheaper, food is about the same, gasoline is cheaper. Most people in Colorado are no more stuck up than anywhere else. In fact, I'd say they are friendlier than most. I never said you were trying to convince HL to stay. I don't understand why you took my posting personally, as if I was calling you out in it. I certainly was not. But if you never lived in Colorado, how can you comment on it and the people who live there? Sounds rather presumptive. If I said So. Cal. was overrated, who would believe me? I never lived there. That is why I don't say it.
Yes, you did say something around the fact "Don't let Ohioans convience you to stay there." That to me just is asking for something. No one person ever tried to convience HL to stay, we all tried to help. I am going by factual information, I have friends living in Ohio from Colorado. Please, you just stated your opinions as facts. Lets see them. I never once said you were attacking me personally. I just don't understand why you made it a point to come in here and bash Ohio like you did. You can't just say "try looking into Colorado?" Colorado is one of the hardest hit states by this housing bubble, taxes are higher in Colorado, and the price of housing in Colarado is much more expensive. Plus, Denver is one of the most unstable markets in the country right now.

I don't see mostly negative posts in the Ohio forum. Go to Michigan for that. Did you see the new one today for Michigan? "Michigan's suicide rate goes up." I see threads being created in Ohio that are full of people looking to move here.

I am not fighting here, I just wondered why you attacked Ohio like you did.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Hopelessly lost, Don't fall in a rut of listening to Ohioans who try to defend a dying area. Check out Denver. It is beautiful, safe, clean, has four seasons, is near the mountains, always sunny (over 300 sunny days a year), is surprisingly not an icebox, and the people don't have that entitlement Ohio attitude. I guarantee that if you take a trip out here, you won't be able to pack your stuff quick enough. Check out Denver Tourism Guide - Denver, Colorado Attractions, Vacations & More
In this post you did the same thing as I did. An entitlement Ohio attitude???? Are you from Ohio? If so you mind as well look into the good things about this state, instead of being negative about it.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler87 View Post
In this post you did the same thing as I did. An entitlement Ohio attitude???? Are you from Ohio? If so you mind as well look into the good things about this state, instead of being negative about it.
Yes, I lived in Ohio for 25 years. Ohio has some good things, but the negative far outweigh the good. If someone likes low wages, crummy weather, and living in a welfare state, Ohio is your place.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Yes, I lived in Ohio for 25 years. Ohio has some good things, but the negative far outweigh the good. If someone likes low wages, crummy weather, and living in a welfare state, Ohio is your place.
See that is your opinion. Look into the facts first. And you didn't answer all my questions. Go back and read my posts. Look into the facts, look at what Columbus, Cincinnati, Cleveland and some of the smaller cities have to offer. There are so many fortune 500 companies in Ohio. Colorado is overrated. I have been there many times. The market is unstable, and the population growth has really began to slow down due to this. I am getting into urban planning, you wouldn't believe the trouble Denver/Boulder is in right now.

Old 02-10-2008, 05:36 PM

Here is the last response I am going to give to this arguing... HL asked for a recommendation about places to go. I recommended Colorado, and responding to a post that suggested her of being depressed and another one that told her the grass isn't always greener on the other side I stated for her not to let people try to convince her to stay. You decided to hijack the thread into a Colorado bashing diatribe based solely on your opinions, excluding facts, by calling out me and my "attitude" similar of attitudes of other Coloradans. I never directed the comment to you that you were defending a dying area, but for some reason you decided to discount... no rather heckle my contribution to the thread because you know people who moved out of Colorado.

With that being said, I am no longer posting to this particular thread for the interest of Hopelessly Lost finding more recommendations for places to have a more enjoyable life.

Last edited by Mikieo415; 02-10-2008 at 05:55 PM..

Old 02-11-2008, 02:45 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,724,162 times
Everybody please calm down and get back on topic or the thread will be closed and infractions will follow.
Yac.

Old 02-11-2008, 04:47 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,167,243 times
Well, I think one of the posters did get a little aggressive about whats wrong with Ohio. There are many people who love Ohio and have led happy, secure lives here. Hopelessly lost, you say you have two young children. That makes me think that you are a younger person and have time to look and find what and where makes you happy. Go for it. That is your right. You have a job skill that makes employment available to you wherever you go.
I made the comment about "the grass isn't always greener" because I personaly know people who have left Ohio and came back because they didn't find what they were looking for somewhere else. You might find it. I hope you do and are happy with whatever choice you make. You'll never know unless you try. You can always come back home if things don't work out.
I wish you good fortunes.
I won't put down any state or city that I haven't lived in for an extended period of time. I don't think anyone can be judgmental without the first hand, day to day experience of living in any one certain place.
I agree with the moderator. We need to tone it down and just try to help the OP with our suggestions and opinions rather than slamming individual sections of the country.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:56 PM

2,501 posts, read 7,761,183 times
Whew! I'm glad that bickering is over. HopelesslyLost is probably "Hopelesslely Long Gone" by now....

Old 02-12-2008, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBeaches View Post
Whew! I'm glad that bickering is over. HopelesslyLost is probably "Hopelesslely Long Gone" by now....
Unfortunately so. I never intended for that to be an arguement, I even stated I was not mad about it. I guess he did though. Oh well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio