Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2008, 07:38 AM

3 posts, read 7,058 times

Advertisements

Hi Everybody
I am a new comer here,I want to know about the city McDonald,Because soon I will going to there for live together with my husband.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2008, 02:18 PM

1,436 posts, read 3,288,401 times
This will give you some statistical details McDonald, Ohio (OH) Detailed Profile - relocation, real estate, travel, jobs, hospitals, schools, crime, news

It's an older typical "steel town" type community and suburb. Small, conservative and nice is how I would describe it. It definitely has cheap housing, as like just about everywhere else in this area.

Good paying jobs in the area.....I wish you luck, depending on your profession.

Old 02-09-2008, 02:26 PM

3,343 posts, read 10,887,189 times
McDonald is a pretty nice small town. They have a nice park and the community is pretty close knit. The only downside is the fact that most people that live there were born there and have never lived anywhere else.......hopefully they are open to new people.

Old 02-10-2008, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan_K View Post
This will give you some statistical details McDonald, Ohio (OH) Detailed Profile - relocation, real estate, travel, jobs, hospitals, schools, crime, news

It's an older typical "steel town" type community and suburb. Small, conservative and nice is how I would describe it. It definitely has cheap housing, as like just about everywhere else in this area.

Good paying jobs in the area.....I wish you luck, depending on your profession.
Thank you very much

Old 02-10-2008, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CortlandGirl79 View Post
McDonald is a pretty nice small town. They have a nice park and the community is pretty close knit. The only downside is the fact that most people that live there were born there and have never lived anywhere else.......hopefully they are open to new people.

Thank you very much

Old 02-10-2008, 08:44 AM

1,853 posts, read 9,658,058 times
It's a great little town that has managed to keep it's 1950's charm. It's separated from Niles and Girard by the Mahoning River. Most of the people stay there because it is a nice little town.

Andrew Carnegie sent Thomas McDonald there to build a steel mill, and a town to support it. Thomas did a great job laying out the town and naming streets after States in the same order that they are across the Country. He also made sure that the houses on the same street were all different. He didn't want that cookie cutter mill town look.

Unfortunately, The person that came after Thomas Mcdonald didn't share the same vision. You can see where he took over, and the cookie cutters begin.

If I wasn't a country person that needs lots of acreage, I would move there in a minute.

Old 02-10-2008, 11:47 AM

2,554 posts, read 6,870,644 times
I have heard of this town before, but all I know is it is between Youngstown and Warren.

Old 02-23-2008, 11:30 PM

1 posts, read 2,314 times
Hi, I was raised in McDonald. It's been 38 years since I left. Now that I am older, I can say that I appreciate where I was raised. The schools were great. Teachers were very caring. Once graduating High School and moving West, I discovered my knowledge was way ahead of those from other locations. City College was not for me. I liked the fact that everyone knew each other.
I understand it has grown a bit since I was there. On McDonald Ave there used to be a grove there. We used to pick apples, blackberries and now there are houses. WOW!

I graduated in 1970 and yes, as someone previously stated, many of the old timers that are there were born and raised there. The population has since more than doubled. I hope to come home soon to see how it has changed and how much remains the same.

With all that is going on in the world, McDonald is a great place to raise kids and simply enjoy your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
View detailed profiles of: