Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2016, 09:36 PM

8 posts, read 10,345 times

Advertisements

I will be starting grad school this fall at Miami U. I am looking to live somewhere mid way between Miami U. and University of Cincinnati. Would prefer somewhere that is generally safe, not too expensive and not rural. I'm considering Fairfield, Hamilton or Northgate in Colerain twnsp but I've heard that the roads up to Miami U can be dangerous during the winter. Can anyone please provide suggestions? Much appreciated.

Last edited by Sarah Kams; 05-21-2016 at 10:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2016, 05:01 AM

450 posts, read 1,202,844 times
I would say Fairfield I live there never had any problems. I also rented from a private landlord who is also a judge. Hamilton the ppl there are strange and I think most of them are inbreeds. When you are an outsider coming to Cinti it can be different, most ppl who come here from other states and cities say the same thing. Northgate is becoming bad in some parts. I wold look at apartments off of Dixie Highway (Route 4) also look at Bypass 5 (apartments called Knollwood Crossing) not sure if they are still nice they were 10 years ago. There are alot of one bedroom building apts behind Krogersand the library in Farifield. Good Luck

Old 05-22-2016, 07:15 AM

Thank you for the suggestion, I'm actually moving from New Jersey. I would appreciate somewhere with some ethnic diversity as well. Is this where you were referring to --> Knollwood Crossing, Fall Wood Drive, Hamilton, OH?

Old 05-22-2016, 04:03 PM

Thank you for the suggestion, I'm actually moving from New Jersey. I would appreciate somewhere with some ethnic diversity as well. Is this where you were referring to --> Knollwood Crossing, Fall Wood Drive, Hamilton, OH?

Old 05-23-2016, 04:02 PM

3,513 posts, read 5,156,848 times
Welcome!

I'll do a longer post later, but for now feel free to send me a PM. I'm a very recent alum of Miami U and lived in Oxford for a number of years.

Old 05-24-2016, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOH View Post
Welcome!

I'll do a longer post later, but for now feel free to send me a PM. I'm a very recent alum of Miami U and lived in Oxford for a number of years.

Thank you for your response. Please let me know any suggestions you might have.

Old 05-24-2016, 10:23 PM

7,074 posts, read 8,934,859 times
You may want to stick closer to Oxford unless you have an actual need to be close to UC, even just driving from the Colerain area will get old very quickly. I used to deal with Robin Smith electric in my old job, he did the wiring on some newer apartment buildings on Chestnut St. a few years back.

Old 05-27-2016, 11:35 AM

3 posts, read 3,441 times
Is there a reason you don't want to live in Oxford? Oxford has quite a bit to offer housing wise with a rental market that runs the gamut from very affordable to ridiculous. It checks all your boxes except being at a mid point. Personally, I enjoyed my time in Oxford quite a bit, with the exception of up town at night on the weekends.

I spent a year living just off the Green where Lydunn is mentioning near the library in Fairfield and did not enjoy it. You're also not likely to get the ethnic diversity you'll have in Oxford (it's not all rich white kids from Chicago and Cincy anymore) unless you live down in Cincy itself.

During the winter 27 is plowed and salted quite regularly by ODOT and I never had a problem driving to 275 or anywhere else for that matter in the winter.

If you look into Oxford for places to live, I would suggest Oxford West Apartments. They're affordable, close to Kroger, a bus stop, easy walking distance to campus, really nice staff, and a lot of international and grad students live there.

I would also avoid anything managed by Red Brick management.

My information is a year old though, so things may have changed since I moved to Colorado.

Old 05-27-2016, 08:55 PM

As much as I would like to remain in Oxford, I will meet to live in a mid point because I will be working in Cincinnati while attending miami. Are there any other suggestions for Fairfield or any central location?

Old 05-27-2016, 11:52 PM

3,513 posts, read 5,156,848 times
Again I apologize for the lack of a detailed response (I can do one after Memorial Day) but offhand I'd look into the lofts in downtown Hamilton & in general choose Hamilton over Fairfield for the sake of the commute.

Hamilton positions you well to get into Oxford and on butler regional (129) to get to UC.

Otherwise I'd go for Colerain. The drive from Fairfield to Oxford is no fun, and the pats in fair field are no fun, but if you'd rather skip Hamilton that would be choice #2 in my book. Followed by Liberty center at #3, if anything due to higher rent.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio