Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2009, 03:01 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,090,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikieo415 View Post
TELL IT LIKE IT IS

1) Current or former Ohio location:

Akron (formerly)

2) Why do you want to leave or have left?:

Employment opportunities; job in the Bay Area gained.

3) Where outside of Ohio and why:

Bay Area, California

4) 2nd and 3rd Place Choices:

N/A

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving if you haven't already left?:

N/A

6) Anything else you want to say?

Go Cavs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2009, 01:48 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,414,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam40jeff View Post
Didn't you know that Ohio is the root of all of life's problems? I heard they are adding a line to the Dos Equis "Most Interesting Man In The World" commercial:

"He once traveled to Ohio to see what it was like to be instantaneously stripped of your wealth, power, and fame."
Haha, here's one:
"He once bought a home in Ohio and sold it a year later for a profit."

Seriously, these people crack me up. I guess I could see moving to somewhere like LA for the weather, but Denver? Don't these people watch South Park? If were going to judge cities based on their stereotypes then what exists inside the city of Denver other than the Broncos?

Old 05-23-2009, 03:30 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,628,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksu sucks View Post
Haha, here's one:
"He once bought a home in Ohio and sold it a year later for a profit."

Seriously, these people crack me up. I guess I could see moving to somewhere like LA for the weather, but Denver? Don't these people watch South Park? If were going to judge cities based on their stereotypes then what exists inside the city of Denver other than the Broncos?

Oh no I love L.A.'s weather. You mean wildfires and smog don't attract you?

BTW, I love the earthquakes too!

Old 05-28-2009, 09:03 AM

2,106 posts, read 6,628,642 times
Ehh L.A. is grimey. I hate that place.. with a few exceptions like Newport Beach.

San Diego on the other hand is beautiful, with lovely suburbs and practically no crime.

Oh and to the people leaving Ohio, the grass isn't always greener

Old 05-28-2009, 11:17 AM

3,281 posts, read 6,273,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeSoHood View Post
Ehh L.A. is grimey. I hate that place.. with a few exceptions like Newport Beach.

San Diego on the other hand is beautiful, with lovely suburbs and practically no crime.

Oh and to the people leaving Ohio, the grass isn't always greener
San Diego is great, though it's too close to Mexico and it's growing very fast. And when that big earthquake hits, San Diego is going into the ocean with most of the rest of the state.

Old 05-28-2009, 02:33 PM

36 posts, read 96,916 times
Actually the state of Ca will not go off into the ocean with the next big quake. The San Andreas fault is a Tranverse fault; So the part of Ca on the western side of the San Andreas Fault is moving Northwest in relation to the rest of the state. So in about 50 million years L.A or a good portion of what was once L.A will be on an island off the northwestern coast of Canada. You could take a ferry boat to Vancover from L.A.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:53 PM

3,281 posts, read 6,273,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilloughby78 View Post
Actually the state of Ca will not go off into the ocean with the next big quake. The San Andreas fault is a Tranverse fault; So the part of Ca on the western side of the San Andreas Fault is moving Northwest in relation to the rest of the state. So in about 50 million years L.A or a good portion of what was once L.A will be on an island off the northwestern coast of Canada. You could take a ferry boat to Vancover from L.A.
Touche.

I was just saying that jokingly because that's a common old joke I've heard a few times.

Old 06-17-2009, 06:41 PM

10 posts, read 31,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1watertiger View Post
people above who trash unions have either never worked for one or are referring to very old and outdated history. unions offer a much better standard of life for families than any comparable non-union job. i dont know of a single person who would choose a non-union job over a union job. corporate profit is a must if a company wants to grow and prosper. corporate greed is whats moving jobs out of state and out of this country. and to all the people leaving ohio. good luck, sometimes the grass is greener. i just wonder where the millions of people will be getting their fresh water out west in 20 yrs ? i bet people will move back to the great lakes and eastern cities again in the not too distant future.....i guess i dont understand this country anymore. high paying jobs leaving the country, slippery slope of our rights being taken away. bill gates trading hundreds of millions of american dollars into euros ? thats scary ! wow, sorry for this off subject rant.
i feel you are right, unions are the workers,the pepole who voted to bring in the unions

Old 09-09-2009, 08:21 AM

27 posts, read 73,235 times

Lebanon

Public schools are poor, with a few exceptions; anti intellectual outlook of many of residents; NOTHING to do, except for amusement park.

Philadelphia area

N/A

N/A

Good riddance.

Old 09-12-2009, 04:09 PM

11 posts, read 39,022 times

Akron

Too much trash is moving into the area. In the last 2 years the Chapel Hill area is looking like Cleveland, and the cops are useless.

SE Ohio OR PA, we have not decided yet...but it WILL be in the next 6 months!

NC or Florida

Our doctors (they are the best!) and some family.

Ohio has been home for 50 years, but with all the trash moving in and sucking up any type of local resource they can it is just not for us anymore. The NE Ohio area use to be a great place to live, but no more. Car thefts, murders, B&E's, all have increased in the last 2 years in my area 100 fold. It seems like everyday a neighbor has had his car keyed, or broke into, or has been approached for $$ in his own driveway, etc.

If you have kids, and you love them, get out of this area NOW!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio