Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2011, 02:07 AM

31 posts, read 75,824 times

Advertisements

1) Current or former Ohio location:
currently in Cleveland

2) Why do you want to leave or have left?:
Better job opportunities in my field elsewhere, want a change of scenery. Not a fan of the midwest at all. Oh and I don't like the snow-yes I was born and raised here but I hate it!!!

3) Where outside of Ohio and why:
Possibly DC area (either PG County or VA area)...better jobs, better schools, in laws live out that way

4) 2nd and 3rd Place Choices:
Hampton Roads area...great place to raise a family!

5) What’s currently holding you back from moving if you haven't already left?:
Looking for a job now and waiting for our lease to be up!

6) Anything else you want to say?
If I were to move back to Ohio, it would be mainly to be closer to my parents who are currently here but for now, I want to move and experience something different while I still have the opportunity. OH is a decent place to raise a family, low cost of living and cities are on the rise but unless ur in healthcare, the job industry sucks in NE OHio and I'm NOT a fan of Columbus/Southern Ohio at all! Alot of ppl love it here in OH...I am not one of those people. To each his own...maybe I'll return one day but for now...I want to try something new!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2011, 05:26 AM

2,179 posts, read 7,349,775 times
heck I retired and moved back to Ohio,I have read where Ohio is a communist state and I really cant believe someone said that ,unless they haven't ever lived in a commonwealth .
Ohio has some bad ideas and some good but at least Ohio doesn't tax groceries and anything that moves.
all in all Ohio just has to lose the I deserve 25 bucks an hr. wage and except the going rates elsewhere in America the days of union wages has been crushed .
I only leave Ohio in the winter due to my Cheimatophobia.

Old 01-06-2011, 11:59 AM

75 posts, read 175,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htlong View Post
heck I retired and moved back to Ohio,I have read where Ohio is a communist state and I really cant believe someone said that ,unless they haven't ever lived in a commonwealth .
Ohio has some bad ideas and some good but at least Ohio doesn't tax groceries and anything that moves.
all in all Ohio just has to lose the I deserve 25 bucks an hr. wage and except the going rates elsewhere in America the days of union wages has been crushed .
I only leave Ohio in the winter due to my Cheimatophobia.

Perhaps it would be best for Ohio to mandate a Living Wage rather than a minimum wage. I don't know anyone who can survive and raise a family on 7.50 an hour.

Old 01-06-2011, 04:26 PM

3,281 posts, read 6,246,393 times
I can't believe that this thread was started by a silly troll almost three years ago and people are still keeping it alive.

Old 01-06-2011, 05:32 PM

7,686 posts, read 13,089,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelander17 View Post
I can't believe that this thread was started by a silly troll almost three years ago and people are still keeping it alive.
I don't know if they could qualify as a (Troll), they started the posted a long time ago and they just never stayed on after that.

Old 01-06-2011, 06:19 PM

3,281 posts, read 6,246,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
I don't know if they could qualify as a (Troll), they started the posted a long time ago and they just never stayed on after that.
If you knew the guy and the way he bashed Ohio every chance he got, you'd understand why I remain skeptical about his intentions in starting this thread. Luckily it's been several years since he's posted here.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:40 PM

Quote:
If you knew the guy and the way he bashed Ohio every chance he got, you'd understand why I remain skeptical about his intentions in starting this thread. Luckily it's been several years since he's posted here.
Looking at his public info, Id say it's been since 2008 since he posted on anything . I think he just up and disappeared. Maybe he found residency in a state more suited to his likings.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:43 PM

3,343 posts, read 10,888,831 times
He was banned!

Old 01-06-2011, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CortlandGirl79 View Post
He was banned!
Was a bad boy was he .

Old 01-06-2011, 07:53 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,871,711 times
Quote:
I remember him, what a douche! lol People are now just going out of their way to bring the thread back to life. I bet this was at least 10-15 pages back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio