U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 10:25 PM

7 posts, read 14,675 times
Default Woolson Spice Company

While going through and old trunk, I found several old cards with beautiful pictures on one side and advertisement on the back side from the Woolson Spice Company advertising LION coffee. Has anyone ever heard of the Woolson Spice Company or LION coffe or know possibly when these cards were made. According to the advertisement a card was put in every package of coffee. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2008, 11:56 PM

1,084 posts, read 2,750,504 times
well i remember the Lion coffee but don't know how.

Old 09-20-2008, 08:35 AM

1 posts, read 6,702 times
Default Woolson Spice Co

North Summit Street in Toledo, OH. On the river.

ca. 1893 and before and after.

Building still there and still has name on crest.

dave m

Old 10-02-2008, 09:07 AM

3 posts, read 19,184 times
Thumbs up Woolson Spice Co.

Woolson Spice Co. was owned by my GreatGreat Uncle Alvin Mansfield Woolson in the 1800's, my Great Grandfather Paul Bird Woolson also worked for his cousin. Yes, they put a card in every box. These 'Trade Cards' are bought by collectors for around $1-$15. You can look them up on ebay under Woolson or Lion Coffee. I currently have a collection of over 100 cards.

Robin Woolson Abrams

Last edited by WoolsonAbrams; 10-02-2008 at 09:14 AM.. Reason: details

Old 12-29-2008, 09:42 AM

2 posts, read 12,905 times
Default Woolson spice co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Toledo View Post
North Summit Street in Toledo, OH. On the river.

ca. 1893 and before and after.

Building still there and still has name on crest.

dave m
I have lots of the trading cards. I guess that is what they are. What can I do with them? Are they worth anything? Brenda

Old 12-29-2008, 09:45 AM

2 posts, read 12,905 times
Default Cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossum1946 View Post
While going through and old trunk, I found several old cards with beautiful pictures on one side and advertisement on the back side from the Woolson Spice Company advertising LION coffee. Has anyone ever heard of the Woolson Spice Company or LION coffe or know possibly when these cards were made. According to the advertisement a card was put in every package of coffee. Thanks in advance.
I have lots of the cards also. Let me know when you find a buyer. Brenda

Old 01-05-2009, 05:17 PM

I'll buy the cards at $1 each. How many do you have?

Old 04-14-2009, 05:29 PM

2 posts, read 12,273 times
Default Woolson Spice Co. Toledo, Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossum1946 View Post
My grandfather, Frank Allen Woolson, was the nephew of Alvin Woolson who often visited him in Newark Ohio where he was the editor of the Newark Advocate newspaper. we lived in Toledo, Ohio and I am familiar with the Woolson bldg. as well as the street named after him anf the story printed by the Toledo Blade which explains his many contributions to Toledo. My interest is in both memorabilia and history.

My cousin,Larry Woolson, has restored and opened the original Woolson Co. in Mt. Vernon Ohio. He might be interested your cards. I wouldlike to buy 12 if the price is VERY reasonable. Please reply to thyme 022000@ yahoo.com

Old 04-14-2009, 05:31 PM

2 posts, read 12,273 times
Please reply to my request to buy some of your Woolson Spice Co. cards.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:18 PM

Brenda Powell, I'll buy the cards at $1 each. How many do you have?

D.Woolson Orde, I prefer the birds & flowers, but, I do have several duplicates I am willing to part with. I also have a few portrait style I can let go of also.

Email me privately at woolsonabrams@socal.rr.com

Last edited by WoolsonAbrams; 04-15-2009 at 12:22 PM.. Reason: additions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio