Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support a general ban on travel to the U.S. that bars re-entry of current residents of Ohio?
Trump's all-inclusive ban on travel from the 7 specified countries is OK. 15 21.13%
The Trump policy is great, but should be extended to Saudi Arabia and Egypt. 15 21.13%
Admission to the U.S. should be determined on an individual basis, with no blanket ban on any country. 38 53.52%
I don't care. 3 4.23%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 03:14 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,941,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Christians in Kentucky and Georgia just passed anti-gay legislation. When Donald Trump bragged about sexual assault, you all rushed to his defense and said it was totally fine. The recently-released budget would cut funding for poor, elderly, protections against pollution that would otherwise sicken and kill citizens, the proposed healthcare bill would cut services and millions of people would lose their insurance, etc. Perhaps less overt in their radicalism, but I don't exactly see American conservatives as being their moral superiors, honestly, so maybe they shouldn't throw stones until getting their own houses in order.
And I don't actually think most people going on and on about Sharia law actually know what it even means.
Trump bragged, but didn't commit sexual assault, at least by what he said.

As to your list of ''cuts'', they are proposals, some things have to be cut; we can't afford everything anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2017, 11:54 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,058,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
Trump bragged, but didn't commit sexual assault, at least by what he said.

As to your list of ''cuts'', they are proposals, some things have to be cut; we can't afford everything anymore.
And yet the cuts are to cover an increase in military spending. There won't be any net savings under the proposal, and it's for something the US already spends more on than the next several largest nations combined. Why cut useful programs that are small potatoes compared to the real budgetary centers of waste and excess?

Old 03-24-2017, 11:22 AM

Quote:
And yet the cuts are to cover an increase in military spending. There won't be any net savings under the proposal, and it's for something the US already spends more on than the next several largest nations combined. Why cut useful programs that are small potatoes compared to the real budgetary centers of waste and excess?
Small potatoes add up to big potatoes. You live in Mexico and don't like the super-power monster U.S. anyway. It's unfortunate we have to have a strong military, but we do.

These are all proposed cuts and increases so wait and see what happens. Somethings need to go, others need a decrease, some need an increase in spending.

Why aren't you complaining about North Korea, Iran, or Russia's military spending?

Old 03-24-2017, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Small potatoes add up to big potatoes. You live in Mexico and don't like the super-power monster U.S. anyway. It's unfortunate we have to have a strong military, but we do.

These are all proposed cuts and increases so wait and see what happens. Somethings need to go, others need a decrease, some need an increase in spending.

Why aren't you complaining about North Korea, Iran, or Russia's military spending?
You don't really have any credibility complaining about waste when supporting a military budget increase that is larger by itself than the entirety that Russia is spending for 2017. Even without the increase, the US still spends significantly more than all of them put together. It already has the world's strongest military. This bs from conservatives that the military is weak is complete nonsense. And why would I complain about the budgets of them, though? I have no connections to those countries. It's just sad to me that American citizens support cuts to beneficial programs that improve the health and well-being of its own citizens over an increase in spending money that will be largely wasted elsewhere. That doesn't sound like "America first" to me. Also, the cuts don't even add up to the increase, so this is a net increase in spending. If you are worried about things like the deficit, you shouldn't be supporting this.

Old 03-24-2017, 03:30 PM

Quote:
You don't really have any credibility complaining about waste when supporting a military budget increase that is larger by itself than the entirety that Russia is spending for 2017. Even without the increase, the US still spends significantly more than all of them put together. It already has the world's strongest military. This bs from conservatives that the military is weak is complete nonsense. And why would I complain about the budgets of them, though? I have no connections to those countries. It's just sad to me that American citizens support cuts to beneficial programs that improve the health and well-being of its own citizens over an increase in spending money that will be largely wasted elsewhere. That doesn't sound like "America first" to me. Also, the cuts don't even add up to the increase, so this is a net increase in spending. If you are worried about things like the deficit, you shouldn't be supporting this.
All I stated is some things need to be increased, decreased, or eliminated. The U.S. has to have a strong and updated military as the government first responsibility is to keep its citizens safe and not provide free cell phones.

You're in Mexico so I can see why you wouldn't care about, for example, North Korea sending a nuke into the U.S.

Old 03-26-2017, 10:49 AM

Quote:
All I stated is some things need to be increased, decreased, or eliminated. The U.S. has to have a strong and updated military as the government first responsibility is to keep its citizens safe and not provide free cell phones.

You're in Mexico so I can see why you wouldn't care about, for example, North Korea sending a nuke into the U.S.
So poisoning the drinking water of millions of people in the Great Lakes is justifiable because of the ridiculous belief that the US military, arguably the strongest, most advanced military in all of human history and factually better financed than the next 9 largest militaries combined, isn't strong enough? I mean, that's honestly insane.

You do realize that an actual nuclear exchange between the US and another country would have severe consequences globally, not least of which would be radiation that pays no attention to national borders, right?

Old 03-26-2017, 01:35 PM

Quote:
So poisoning the drinking water of millions of people in the Great Lakes is justifiable because of the ridiculous belief that the US military, arguably the strongest, most advanced military in all of human history and factually better financed than the next 9 largest militaries combined, isn't strong enough? I mean, that's honestly insane.

You do realize that an actual nuclear exchange between the US and another country would have severe consequences globally, not least of which would be radiation that pays no attention to national borders, right?
keep stringing this topic apart...adios!

Old 03-26-2017, 01:42 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,145,709 times
As the son of two legal immigrants and an entire extended family of legal immigrants, let me state unequivocally: I AM 100% BEHIND TRUMP!

IN TRUMP WE TRUST!

Old 03-26-2017, 08:15 PM

Quote:
keep stringing this topic apart...adios!
So you couldn't address what I said, no surprise.

Old 04-15-2017, 12:43 PM

Quote:
So you couldn't address what I said, no surprise.
not really, just bored...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio