Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support a general ban on travel to the U.S. that bars re-entry of current residents of Ohio?
Trump's all-inclusive ban on travel from the 7 specified countries is OK. 15 21.13%
The Trump policy is great, but should be extended to Saudi Arabia and Egypt. 15 21.13%
Admission to the U.S. should be determined on an individual basis, with no blanket ban on any country. 38 53.52%
I don't care. 3 4.23%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 11:18 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,420,786 times

Advertisements

Republican Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine has issued a statement on the Trump travel ban:

<<Here in Ohio, many of our top research hospitals and universities have employees or students who may be affected by the President's order. Many of these immigrants are a tremendous value to our state and to our economy. "Our country has traditionally had a concern for and welcomed refugees who have demonstrated that they were persecuted or fear persecution due to race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or membership in a particular social group.
"I'm hopeful that the Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies will work quickly to minimize any potential impact on those individuals and those who are lawful permanent residents," DeWine said.>>

Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine weighs in on Donald Trump's travel ban | cleveland.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2017, 11:32 PM

14,669 posts, read 14,631,326 times
Another terrorist attack yesterday from a white North American, this time a Canadian who hates Muslims. But tell me again how some homeless refugees are a threat.

Old 01-31-2017, 09:48 AM

2,365 posts, read 4,372,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Another terrorist attack yesterday from a white North American, this time a Canadian who hates Muslims. But tell me again how some homeless refugees are a threat.
It's a90-120 day vet process. Why is this not a good thing?
It's not a Muslim ban, that's what the fake news is reporting. And why no uproar when Obama, Clinton and carter did this?
Why do all you snowflakes care about the Middle East people anyway? Go spend your energy helping poor Americans who are homeless instead.

Old 01-31-2017, 01:21 PM

2,221 posts, read 4,389,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1watertiger View Post
It's not a Muslim ban, that's what the fake news is reporting. And why no uproar when Obama, Clinton and carter did this?
Why do all you snowflakes care about the Middle East people anyway? Go spend your energy helping poor Americans who are homeless instead.
True. Lots of sheep out there..you have the minority (aka snowflakes)protesting, crying and not knowing the facts because they get their news from fake news sites like CNN, MSNBC..
Fact is most Americans agree with his immigration policy. Folks can protest all they want, it isn't gonna change our Presidents' policy because he is doing exactly what he said he would do during his campaign and he got voted in as our Prez. It's refreshing for a President to do what he says, benefit of not being a politician and being owned.

Old 01-31-2017, 04:10 PM

3,513 posts, read 5,156,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZnGuy View Post
True. Lots of sheep out there..you have the minority (aka snowflakes)protesting, crying and not knowing the facts because they get their news from fake news sites like CNN, MSNBC..
Fact is most Americans agree with his immigration policy. Folks can protest all they want, it isn't gonna change our Presidents' policy because he is doing exactly what he said he would do during his campaign and he got voted in as our Prez. It's refreshing for a President to do what he says, benefit of not being a politician and being owned.
Get over yourself.

Have you paid attention to the millions of people protesting him?
(and how many went to his inauguration??? Feel free to leave the Fake news of Brietbart and its ilk at home)

The people didn't vote for him. A relic did, one that should have been retired ages ago. One that, in as many words says F**** the people of America because they are too dumb to vote.

The ironic thing is the dumb ones chose King Cheeto to lead.
Watch Idiocracy. It's quickly becoming a history lesson....

Old 01-31-2017, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Which part of the current process do you find unsatisfactory?

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov...-united-states

PS, it's time for you guys to get a better insult than "snowflake". I guarantee you would not be using that word to my face.

Old 01-31-2017, 07:39 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,995,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Which part of the current process do you find unsatisfactory?

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov...-united-states

PS, it's time for you guys to get a better insult than "snowflake". I guarantee you would not be using that word to my face.
Liberals can dish it out but can't take it!
Obama also issued a ban but you cream puffs only remember things when you want too!
I'd say snowflake in your face and laugh at you ...better pack a lunch it would be a long day for you!

Old 01-31-2017, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
Liberals can dish it out but can't take it!
Obama also issued a ban but you cream puffs only remember things when you want too!
I'd say snowflake in your face and laugh at you ...better pack a lunch it would be a long day for you!
Okay, tough guy. Your "Obama did it too" claim is completely wrong, but I'm sure since you only watch Fox News you don't know any better.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:52 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,048,277 times
Quote:
No, the 90-120 day period was supposedly to assess the efficacy of the current refugee vetting system, which actually takes about 2 YEARS to complete per individual. The US has had probably one of the most comprehensive, difficult refugee vetting processes in the world.
Also, I'm not familiar with what Carter did or didn't do, but none of the past 3 administrations at least had outright all-encompassing bans from whole nations. So your facts are simply wrong.

And why is it that if you care about refugees, you can't care about the homeless or veterans (yes, I've seen those dumb memes on my Facebook, too!)? I think some of us, at least, are more than capable of caring about multiple issues at the same time. Really, it's not that hard.

Old 02-01-2017, 05:14 AM

2,365 posts, read 4,372,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOH View Post
Get over yourself.

Have you paid attention to the millions of people protesting him?
(and how many went to his inauguration??? Feel free to leave the Fake news of Brietbart and its ilk at home)

The people didn't vote for him. A relic did, one that should have been retired ages ago. One that, in as many words says F**** the people of America because they are too dumb to vote.

The ironic thing is the dumb ones chose King Cheeto to lead.
Watch Idiocracy. It's quickly becoming a history lesson....
Millions of people protesting!?? Lol there are 22 people at CLE and maybe 16 people at port Columbus. Only a handful of Americans are protesting.
How many pink vagina hats protested last week across the country? 2 million? 3 million tops? That is like 0.5% of the population! But the fake news wants you to believe the entire country was protesting. Get over it. America and Americans first! I don't give a rats ass about these muslims. If the inconvenience of vetting out possible Islamic extremists is not acceptable to these muslims then they can go somewhere else!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio