Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2017, 02:31 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,431,928 times

Advertisements

The best pizza shop in each of Ohio's 88 counties | cleveland.com

This list from cleveland.com today must be dated.

Yelp now lists Pizza 216 on Euclid Ave. in the downtown Gateway District as the best pizzeria in Cuyahoga County, with Crust number 2.

https://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=piz...a+County%2C+OH

Angelo's in Lakewood is number 4. The Cleveland Hts. Dewey's, the Cincinnati-based chain, is rated number 5 (there also is a Dewey's restaurant in Lakewood).

Citizen's Pie in North Collinwood is a favorite of many foodies, and is ranked number 8.

You can search "County OH yelp.com best pizza" to find the current best pizzeria rankings for any Ohio County.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2017, 10:18 AM

135 posts, read 183,601 times
Never heard of Tyler's Pizzeria and Bakery in my life. They're trying to tell me it's better than Adriatico's?

And Montgomery County's best pie is a chain? I like Dewey's well enough, but there are so many good local pizza places in Dayton.

Glad to see Cassano's won a few counties, and Creno's got one. Baker's in Bucyrus is good too. But no love for Donato's, huh?

Old 02-10-2017, 12:25 PM

56 posts, read 65,295 times
I was born and raised in Wood County and I was a little surprised that Campus Pollyeyes won. I know it was popular and sort of a love it or hate it kind of place. Personally, I hated it. All my friends always went to Myles Pizza Pub in Bowling Green on Wooster street during high school and college. And we still go every few months even though Myles was sold last fall. It's now called Pizza Pub 516. Same location, very similar taste.

Myles probably didn't make the list because it closed and Pizza Pub 516 hasn't established enough reviews yet. Or maybe the people of Wood County really do prefer Pollyeyes. Even so it was an interesting list to click through.

Old 02-11-2017, 09:14 AM

14,680 posts, read 14,641,413 times
I agree with Paradiso in Champaign, but would choose Bada Bing in Clark and Pizza Factory in Montgomery.

Old 02-11-2017, 09:52 AM

3,513 posts, read 5,159,743 times
Agreed, I'd say there's some of the counties I agree with the result, some I do not for what I've personally found to be best.

For Miami Co, I'd agree you'd be hard pressed to beat the overall experience at Beppa Uno, although I'm not sure if it is worth it for To-Go pizza.

For Montgomery Co, I figured we'd go for the hometown favorites of Marion's or Cassano's (which was rated best in Preble Co and Shelby Co), although Dewey's isn't a horrible choice, their pizza is quite good and I like their style & ethics (it's also a Cincy chain, not a Dayton one). I personally would have chosen Milano's, I think they do Dayton style pizza the best of anywhere because it's less greasy and more wholesome.

For Butler Co, I've never tried Millio's but I'll have to make it over there. I used to like Richard's right up the street quite a bit, not that I had a change to go many times, but I'm wondering if Millio's is really better? It appears to be quite different than Richard's.

For Greene Co, even though people don't like the pizza as much, just due to the fact that Dave Chappelle loves the place HaHa Pizza should have received the nod. The place is iconic in the region! I can and cannot see why Spinoza's is considered the best overall on Yelp, if people are going on taste alone I imagine they would have chosen Pies and Pints...

For Clark Co, I am quite biased and like a pizza place in New Carlisle a lot.

For Clermont Co/Warren Co, I found it very amusing that LaRosa's got the top spot. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE LaRosa'a pizza and for me it will always be what I think of when I think of pizza, but... it shows how much we don't get out of Cincy in Cincy. LaRosa's is not well liked outside the city, just like Skyline is not well liked either, but as someone who grew up on Cincy foods, sometimes you gotta have your fix! Even when I was back in OH recently overnight on a trip I binged on LaRosa's. Good stuff to me, and probably dismal to others... their loss I guess. Anyways, I found it really interesting that the chain got the top spot for the suburban Cincy county.

Also bizarre is how Darke Co's top pizza place is a MARCO'S??? Somebody should open up a decent pizza place in Greenville ASAP, they'd make a fortune...

For Hamilton Co, that looks like a neat spot, never knew about it or expected it! A pizza shop with baked goods too, set up like a little cafe, what a great idea!

Old 02-13-2017, 10:54 AM

135 posts, read 183,601 times
Yeah, if you're visiting Greene County and you want to eat pizza, you're going to go to Ha Ha. It's not even the best pizza in the village of YS, but sometimes it's about more than taste.

Old 02-13-2017, 01:15 PM

1,796 posts, read 2,230,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOH View Post
Agreed, I'd say there's some of the counties I agree with the result, some I do not for what I've personally found to be best.

For Montgomery Co, I figured we'd go for the hometown favorites of Marion's or Cassano's (which was rated best in Preble Co and Shelby Co)

For Clermont Co/Warren Co, I found it very amusing that LaRosa's got the top spot. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE LaRosa'a pizza and for me it will always be what I think of when I think of pizza, but... it shows how much we don't get out of Cincy in Cincy. LaRosa's is not well liked outside the city, just like Skyline is not well liked either, but as someone who grew up on Cincy foods, sometimes you gotta have your fix! Even when I was back in OH recently overnight on a trip I binged on LaRosa's. Good stuff to me, and probably dismal to others... their loss I guess. Anyways, I found it really interesting that the chain got the top spot for the suburban Cincy county.
I haven't had Cassano's in 20 years. I love it, chain though it is. Now I'm craving it, thanks!
Sad to say, not surprised about Warren County staying with LaRosa's. When did that county NOT love a franchise, in any form, restaurant, store or otherwise?

Old 02-13-2017, 07:46 PM

7,080 posts, read 8,941,070 times
Any website that puts up a 106 page slideshow instead of a list deserves to be hacked by ISIS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOH View Post
Warren Co, I found it very amusing that LaRosa's got the top spot. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE LaRosa'a pizza and for me it will always be what I think of when I think of pizza, but... it shows how much we don't get out of Cincy in Cincy. LaRosa's is not well liked outside the city
LaRosa's is better than Little Caesar's but I would say the Cassano's in Springboro is way better, there is a Marion's in Mason and a Donato's in Lebanon that are better. LaRosa's sauce is way too sweet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpl1228 View Post
Sad to say, not surprised about Warren County staying with LaRosa's. When did that county NOT love a franchise, in any form, restaurant, store or otherwise?
When Warren County was not overrun by people from away, there was a Burger Chef in Lebanon and Franklin and a KFC and Frisch's in Lebanon during the 1970's before Lebanon got a McDonald's when I was a teenager but everything else was a mom and pop place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio