Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 10:25 AM

16,345 posts, read 17,992,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1watertiger View Post
The sky is falling. More opinions from a liberal that doesnt live here. How do you know this will get worse? Such nonsense.
Im glad the feds gave it to the states.
Imo its simple. If you have a vagina use womens and if you have penis use mens. Only after the surgery and you "legally" change your anatomy and identity should that person be allowed to use the other genders bathroom.
We were already told by Trump supporters that LGBT protections were going to be safe under his administration. Oops! It's already gotten worse. Being any kind of minority right now in the US is under threat, either through the legal system or just basic safety due to a growing culture of fed-backed discriminatory rhetoric. I'm not the only one who thinks that. Global tourism to the US is collapsing. Even while it's clear you don't care much about minorities, you might care about the millions of US jobs that depend on that industry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
I support states rights over federal government on 100% of issues. I support the individual over the states.
How exactly does that work? If there are no federal standards governing individual rights, what protects the individual when states enact discriminatory policy? What's stopping them? The individual doesn't grant rights/protections to themselves.

Old 02-26-2017, 10:43 AM

32 posts, read 30,586 times
Quote:
Guess you don't know what an individual is.

Thanks for trying.
Amazingly enough, I am actually familiar with an individual, thanks bud.

What protects individuals when states abuse them if the federal government cannot touch "states rights."

Old 02-26-2017, 11:31 AM

2,365 posts, read 4,362,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
We were already told by Trump supporters that LGBT protections were going to be safe under his administration. Oops! It's already gotten worse. Being any kind of minority right now in the US is under threat, either through the legal system or just basic safety due to a growing culture of fed-backed discriminatory rhetoric. I'm not the only one who thinks that. Global tourism to the US is collapsing. Even while it's clear you don't care much about minorities, you might care about the millions of US jobs that depend on that industry.
Utter non sense. Explain to me how anyone has lost rights ? Under threat ? Are you fricking kidding me? Lol
Only illeagal criminal aliens are being targeted, currently.
Trump is enforcing current immigration laws. He hasnt changed law hes following it.
He got us out of TTP
He is focused on lowering taxes for everyone including businesses with the hope of companies bringing back trillions from offshore Banks.
His job plan re- building the country's infrastructure is a good one.
Can't you see that Trump is doing exactly what he promised during the elections? I think it's refreshing because he is not a politician and he's actually doing what he says. Remember the people of Ohio voted for him.

Old 02-26-2017, 11:42 AM

11,048 posts, read 12,368,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorewa View Post
Amazingly enough, I am actually familiar with an individual, thanks bud.

What protects individuals when states abuse them if the federal government cannot touch "states rights."
What protects individuals when the feds abuse them if the states can't touch the feds?

You're not nearly as clever as you think. In fact, I had better debates as a high school senior.

Old 02-26-2017, 11:43 AM

11,048 posts, read 12,368,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
How exactly does that work? If there are no federal standards governing individual rights, what protects the individual when states enact discriminatory policy? What's stopping them? The individual doesn't grant rights/protections to themselves.
Why is it assumed the federal government is the good guy? I don't see a good reason for this.

Old 02-26-2017, 11:46 AM

2,365 posts, read 4,362,424 times
And its amazing to me the overwhelming majority of black voters in Cuyahoga county voted for more of the same crap. Democrats have done nothing for blacks the past 8+ yrs .

Old 02-26-2017, 12:39 PM

32 posts, read 30,586 times
Quote:
What protects individuals when the feds abuse them if the states can't touch the feds?

You're not nearly as clever as you think. In fact, I had better debates as a high school senior.
I'm surprised your debate team let you answer every question with a question. You have any actual points you want to make? Or are you having too much fun pretending I'm an idiot?

Old 02-26-2017, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1watertiger View Post
Utter non sense. Explain to me how anyone has lost rights ? Under threat ? Are you fricking kidding me? Lol
Only illeagal criminal aliens are being targeted, currently.
Trump is enforcing current immigration laws. He hasnt changed law hes following it.
He got us out of TTP
He is focused on lowering taxes for everyone including businesses with the hope of companies bringing back trillions from offshore Banks.
His job plan re- building the country's infrastructure is a good one.
Can't you see that Trump is doing exactly what he promised during the elections? I think it's refreshing because he is not a politician and he's actually doing what he says. Remember the people of Ohio voted for him.
Well, you certainly are well-versed in the talking points, I'll give you that.

Old 02-26-2017, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Why is it assumed the federal government is the good guy? I don't see a good reason for this.
Why is it assumed that the states are? And you didn't answer the question. Who protects the individual from the state if not the federal government? When the state enacts discriminatory legislation, who steps in if you disagree that the federal government should have any say in it? Are those people just screwed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio