Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 10:38 AM

4,823 posts, read 4,943,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
LOL. All you're doing is injecting an inane diversion to disguise the fact that WRNative got caught with his hands in the cookie jar and that, in turn, I took him out back behind the woodshed.
Don't know your history on this topic with WRNative but you simply totaled the populations of the two zip codes that are a part of downtown Cincinnati. I did the same in Cleveland but it's three zip codes in downtown Cleveland and that more than doubles your CIN count (CIN: 17,000; CLE:35,000). Of course if the CLE numbers were less than CIN using your ''number counts'' then you wouldn't have an issue; CLE's is more so, of course, you have an issue.

Please briefly explain otherwise how CIN's CBD-downtown has a population of 17,000.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2018, 11:19 AM

3,530 posts, read 5,022,823 times
Quote:
LOL. All you're doing is injecting an inane diversion to disguise the fact that WRNative got caught with his hands in the cookie jar and that, in turn, I took him out back behind the woodshed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
Don't know your history on this topic with WRNative but you simply totaled the populations of the two zip codes that are a part of downtown Cincinnati. I did the same in Cleveland but it's three zip codes in downtown Cleveland and that more than doubles your CIN count (CIN: 17,000; CLE:35,000). Of course if the CLE numbers were less than CIN using your ''number counts'' then you wouldn't have an issue; CLE's is more so, of course, you have an issue.

Please briefly explain otherwise how CIN's CBD-downtown has a population of 17,000.
I guess YOU want to go behind the woodshed too, huh?

https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinna...-grown-in.html

(a) Nowhere in this article is any zip code mentioned, other than 45202.
(b) Rather than count zip codes on my own, I referenced only this article.
(c) Now you're counting three Cleveland zip codes to equal Cincinnati's one.

Old 02-21-2018, 11:33 AM

Quote:
I guess YOU want to go behind the woodshed too, huh?

(a) Nowhere in this article is any zip code mentioned, other than 45202.
(b) Rather than count zip codes on my own, I referenced only this article.
(c) Now you're counting three Cleveland zip codes to equal Cincinnati's one.
Like I said, CIN plays with its numbers. Just counting 45202 and saying downtown CIN has 17,717 is misleading. Do you know the area covered by 45202? It’s much more extensive eastward than downtown CIN. Like the article, you fail to mention places like Mt Adams are in this zip code; when was Mt Adams added to downtown CIN?

Just another motorman attempt to display his Cincinnati insecurity.

Old 02-21-2018, 01:34 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,431,928 times
Quote:
No matter; the bottom line is that your dishonesty destroyed your credibility.

Are you accusing me of being dishonest because I said in my post 13 that downtown Cincinnati had a population of "apparently 6,000?" In your post 164, you quoted my post 13 very selectively and highlighted the statement about Cincinnati's apparent downtown population of 6,000. Your editing of my post 13 that you selected to quote disguised the fact that the 6,000 Cincinnati downtown population estimate was not mine but that of the Cincinnati Downtown Residents Council. Your duplicity is here for anyone to see in post 164:

Ohio 2018: more important TODAY-->Cincinnati, Cleveland, or Columbus?

As is typical in your modus operandi, when quoting my post 13 you attempted to impugn another poster (me, in this case) by deliberately omitting the link that I provided which was the source of the 6,000 Cincinnati downtown population estimate. Why did you omit this link? WHY???

Here's my statement in post 13, including the linked reference that you so carefully omitted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
The population density of Cleveland proper is over 25 percent higher than Columbus, which, surprisingly, has a population density slightly higher than Cincinnati. As noted in an earlier post, Cleveland's downtown residential population will reach 18,000 in 2018, which I suspect is much higher than in Columbus (can't find a number online) or Cincinnati (apparently 6,000)

Downtown Residents Council, Cincinnati, Ohio
Here's what the Cincinnati Downtown Residents Council said at that link you omitted:

<<Downtown Cincinnati is now home to over 6,000 residents, with more arriving every month as new condos and apartment homes are completed.>>

You consciously have made an effort, once again, to compare Cleveland's immediate downtown population with a much wider swath of Cincinnati not directly part of Cincinnati's downtown. From the article you cited:

<<The population of Cincinnati’s urban core [ emphasis added; NOT downtown area] ....

[the] report used data from CBRE to estimate the population in ZIP code 45202, which includes downtown, Over-the-Rhine, Pendleton, part of Mount Auburn and the East End.>>

Cincinnati's downtown explicitly was just one of five Cincinnati neighborhoods included in your article's "urban core" 17,717 population estimate, but you nevertheless said that the estimate was just for Cincinnati's downtown (from the first paragraph of your post 164: <<almost one year ago the downtown population of Cincinnati had reached 17,717>>). As documented in post 166, the population estimates for Cleveland's downtown are just for downtown and not for adjacent or any other neighborhoods.

So 1) you deleted my substantiation for the 6,000 population for downtown Cincinnati, then 2) knowingly included the populations of four Cincinnati neighborhoods that clearly were not part of downtown in your claim of a 17,717 Cincinnati downtown population.

Then having deliberately disguised the source of my statement that downtown Cincinnati had a population of "apparently 6,000," and after knowingly misrepresenting that the Cincinnati "urban core" population was the same as the Cincinnati downtown population, then you also knowingly and falsely attacked my honesty.

If you're looking for the dishonest party in this discussion, look in a mirror. Have you no shame???

It's no wonder that so many posters find your posts suspect, and that you have so little credibility in this forum.

Dealing with your mendacity is a great waste of time, but necessary when after your deceitful posts are challenged, you then juvenilely attack the honesty and credibility of posters challenging your falsehoods.

Last edited by WRnative; 02-21-2018 at 02:22 PM..

Old 02-21-2018, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post

Are you accusing me of being dishonest because I said in my post 13 that downtown Cincinnati had a population of "apparently 6,000?" In your post 164, you quoted my post 13 very selectively and highlighted the statement about Cincinnati's apparent downtown population of 6,000. Your editing of my post 13 that you selected to quote disguised the fact that the 6,000 population was not mine but that of the Cincinnati Downtown Residents Council.

Ohio 2018: more important TODAY-->Cincinnati, Cleveland, or Columbus?

As is typical in your modus operandi, when quoting my post 13 you attempted to impugn another poster (me, in this case) by deliberately omitting the link that I provided which was the source of the 6,000 Cincinnati downtown population estimate. Why did you omit this link? WHY???

Here's what the Cincinnati Downtown Residents Council said at that link:

<<Downtown Cincinnati is now home to over 6,000 residents, with more arriving every month as new condos and apartment homes are completed.>>

You consciously have made an effort, once again, to compare Cleveland's immediate downtown population with a much wider swath of Cincinnati not directly contiguous with the downtown business district. From the article you cited:

<<The population of Cincinnati’s urban core [NOT downtown area (emphasis added] ....

[the] report used data from CBRE to estimate the population in ZIP code 45202, which includes downtown, Over-the-Rhine, Pendleton, part of Mount Auburn and the East End.>>

Your article even said that the population estimate that you used in your deceitful attempt to discredit me included neighborhoods other than Cincinnati's downtown.

So 1) you deleted my substantiation for the 6,000 population for downtown Cleveland, then 2) knowingly included the populations of Cincinnati neighborhoods that clearly were not part of downtown in your claim of the Cincinnati downtown population.

Then having deliberately disguised the source of my statement, and after knowingly misrepresenting that the Cincinnati "urban core" population was the same as the downtown population, then you also knowingly falsely attacked my honesty.

If you're looking for the dishonest party in this discussion, look in a mirror. Have you no shame???

It's no wonder that so many posters find your posts suspect, because they often are on close examination.
Close examination of Motorman’s posts? You are too kind.

Old 02-22-2018, 05:50 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,058,402 times
Tldr

Old 02-22-2018, 07:05 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,431,928 times
Default An actor's perspective on downtown Cleveland's transformation over just the past decade

<<This Saturday, at the Hanna Theatre, Andrew May will don special tights painted to look like the grotesque injuries from a car accident. Then, he'll jump into bed and stay there for much the evening as Paul Sheldon, the best-selling author held captive after he's pulled from a wreck by a deranged admirer in Stephen King's "Misery...."

He'll be at the Hanna for rest of this season and into the next, where he'll appear in "Mamma Mia!" and in the adaptation of "Pride and Prejudice" written by Hanreddy and J.R. Sullivan, who directed May in "Moon."

He's a happier artist, certainly, than when he left the city nearly a decade ago. And that's not the only thing that's changed.

For one thing, he can walk to rehearsal in Playhouse Square from his nearby rental. "I never would have thought about doing that 10 years ago. It would have been like, 'Taxi!' "

For another, downtown isn't empty -- it's filled with people. "And they're happy people!" says May. They're also able to buy lattes at coffee shops and pick up groceries, too. "My God -- they're not just working, they're living down here!" May says, with mock astonishment.

"All that is brand-new to me, so I am thrilled to take part in a city that I thought I knew, and I had pigeonholed.

"It has surprised me. It really has.">>

Cleveland stage icon Andrew May returns to Great Lakes Theater as a writer in 'Misery' (preview) | cleveland.com

Here's the view of another downtown Cleveland resident:

<<"But a lot of renters who used to be more transient are staying downtown," said Yablonsky. They may change buildings as their income goes up, but renters are now here long term."

Yablonsky also feels positive about the green amenities downtown, including the metamorphosis of The Flats from "a bar mentality" to "participatory recreation." (He also walks his dog downtown after hours, enjoying the harbor and green areas of the city.) The visionary also sees downtown as a vibrant live music center, with music almost 24/7 like New Orleans or Nashville.>>

http://www.cleveland.com/pdrealestat...history_1.html

Last edited by WRnative; 02-22-2018 at 08:19 AM..

Old 02-25-2018, 04:50 AM

2,365 posts, read 4,375,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
Like I said, CIN plays with its numbers. Just counting 45202 and saying downtown CIN has 17,717 is misleading. Do you know the area covered by 45202? It’s much more extensive eastward than downtown CIN. Like the article, you fail to mention places like Mt Adams are in this zip code; when was Mt Adams added to downtown CIN?

Just another motorman attempt to display his Cincinnati insecurity.
East end, Pendleton , OTR and part of Mt Adams are not downtown CBD.

"DCI’s annual State of Downtown report used data from CBRE to estimate the population in ZIP code 45202, which includes downtown, Over-the-Rhine, Pendleton, part of Mount Auburn and the East End"

Old 02-25-2018, 05:38 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,445,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Tldr
Depending on how you measure downtown Cincinnati, it's either bigger or smaller.

Old 02-26-2018, 04:04 AM

3,530 posts, read 5,022,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1watertiger View Post
East end, Pendleton, OTR and part of Mt. Adams are not downtown CBD.

"DCI’s annual State of Downtown report used data from CBRE to estimate the population in ZIP code 45202, which includes downtown, Over-the-Rhine, Pendleton, part of Mount Auburn and the East End"
No, they're not, namely because these four areas that fall into 45202 comprise downtown Cincinnati, as confirmed by the 2017 document which you've referred to:
https://www.downtowncincinnati.com/d...d.pdf?sfvrsn=2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Depending on how you measure downtown Cincinnati, it's either bigger or smaller.
Why such a confusing, contentious dispute? Both the official document cited above and the Business Journal have clearly stated that "downtown Cincinnati" is Zip Code 45202.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio