Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2019, 06:51 AM

645 posts, read 1,540,118 times

Advertisements

https://www.rd.com/nicestplaces/the-...io-columbiana/

Thought the story was touching... Nice job Columbiana!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2019, 07:04 AM

8,271 posts, read 8,655,088 times
I always liked Columbiana. If I were to move back to Ohio I would consider living there.

Old 09-19-2019, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
I always liked Columbiana. If I were to move back to Ohio I would consider living there.
I grew up about 20 miles SW of Columbiana in PA, and am looking to move there myself... It's like a whole other world crossing the state line.

Old 10-11-2019, 01:52 PM

Congratulations Columbiana, you were awarded the top spot!

https://www.wfmj.com/story/41170480/...s-iscolumbiana

https://people.com/human-interest/ni...lumbiana-ohio/

I was there last week, and your town is looking good, and I enjoyed my stay while looking to relocate. Compared to where I live in PA, the folks in your area were more polite, more friendly, and cleaner... It was simply a more relaxed environment overall, especially concerning driving. Around my PA parts, you can be absolutely guaranteed to be heavily tailgated even way over the speed limit, see extreme speeding and reckless driving on nearly every trip. I experienced much less of this during my time in Columbiana Co.

Even going to the local Aldi, Walmart, and DQ resulted in smiling happy faces, polite children, and very clean and tidy stores... Like night and day, even when separated by only 80 miles from my current, and hope to be soon ex-home. Sure, maybe I hit it on a few good days; just the same I have been in the area many times over the years, and it is consistently a good experience.

While here, if you might have or know of someone with a home rental I'd be interested in a PM please... Heck, even buying a home in the country would peak my interest.

Again, congratulations on a job well done!

Old 10-15-2019, 09:55 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
I have one beef with Columbiana:

When they remodeled the movie theater they completely modernized it. It lost all its charm.

I went to go see the last Indiana Jones movie there about 10 years ago hoping to do an old school double feature of sorts: see an old franchise in an old theater (I wanted to feel like it was 1981 again...I'm desperate ).

The movie didn't hold up its end either.

Just being petty. It's a great little town. One day I'll figure out the roundabout. I'm in greater L.A. though so first comes figuring out the traffic here.

Old 10-15-2019, 09:57 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_F View Post
Congratulations Columbiana, you were awarded the top spot!

https://www.wfmj.com/story/41170480/...s-iscolumbiana

https://people.com/human-interest/ni...lumbiana-ohio/

I was there last week, and your town is looking good, and I enjoyed my stay while looking to relocate. Compared to where I live in PA, the folks in your area were more polite, more friendly, and cleaner... It was simply a more relaxed environment overall, especially concerning driving. Around my PA parts, you can be absolutely guaranteed to be heavily tailgated even way over the speed limit, see extreme speeding and reckless driving on nearly every trip. I experienced much less of this during my time in Columbiana Co.

Even going to the local Aldi, Walmart, and DQ resulted in smiling happy faces, polite children, and very clean and tidy stores... Like night and day, even when separated by only 80 miles from my current, and hope to be soon ex-home. Sure, maybe I hit it on a few good days; just the same I have been in the area many times over the years, and it is consistently a good experience.

While here, if you might have or know of someone with a home rental I'd be interested in a PM please... Heck, even buying a home in the country would peak my interest.

Again, congratulations on a job well done!
Though Ohio has "upped its game" a bit in the taxation department the lower taxes and COL are a no-brainer if you're in this area to make Ohio your home.

I'd literally go insane if I lived on the PA side of the border knowing how much more in taxes and prices overall I was paying by not being in Ohio.

Old 10-21-2019, 09:17 AM
on3

498 posts, read 385,242 times
Wish I lived closer. We’d love to see one of those plays.

Old 10-28-2019, 01:34 PM

4,009 posts, read 5,733,294 times
Default Columbiana County

I love this whole county. Such a beautiful place. Lisbon, the county seat, has a beautiful old courthouse. The Steel Trolley Diner never disappoints, either. The hills leading into town are amazing. Salem is the largest town with a very nice new wing on their hospital. It has just about everything you need right there. There are some very good restaurants here. Columbiana has Das Dutch Haus for great meals made from scratch.There is also a very good motel there. The people around this area seem extra friendly, as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio