Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2007, 12:23 PM

146 posts, read 789,364 times

Advertisements

http://www.cleveland.com/cuyahoga/pl...l=2&thispage=1

The Cleveland area, with its cacophony of emergency radio systems, is among the least prepared regions in the country when it comes to communicating during a disaster, according to a federal report that will be released today.

Columbus was among a small group that finished with top scores in the Homeland Security Department's study of 75 metropolitan areas. Others were Washington, D.C.; San Diego; Minneapolis-St. Paul; Sioux Falls, S.D.; and Laramie County, Wyo.

Joining Cleveland at the bottom were Chicago; Baton Rouge, La.; Mandan, N.D.; and American Samoa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2007, 04:53 PM

976 posts, read 3,860,970 times
Seriously, Mandan, North Dakota?

I was watching that last night on NBC news when Columbus was ranked near the top 5 safe cities for diseaster responses.

Old 01-04-2007, 06:42 AM

1,853 posts, read 9,687,119 times
I can understand some cities doing a risk assessment and deciding that there are more important things to spend their money on. Cleveland would be one of those cities, but Chicago has no excuse. I would consider Chicago a primary target that needs to get its act together.

If there is ever a major disaster in Laramie County Wyoming, the three people that live there can just run to the backyard and and talk to each other.

Old 01-04-2007, 07:26 PM

976 posts, read 3,860,970 times
^I agree, South Range. But Cleveland has no excuse to be out on the bad list. It is in as much trouble as Chicago. Cleveland is a large city. It is home to many large corporations, and has one of the nation"s largest banking assests. I believe Cleveland is 3rd in the nation in banking assests. Just after Chicago and Charlotte. Cleveland is a metro of over three million including Akron. It has many large sport venues and other attractions. Cleveland is a large city that needs to get its act together when it comes to security.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio