U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Most dangerous Ohio city
Cleveland 17 65.38%
Columbus 2 7.69%
Cincinnati 3 11.54%
Dayton 1 3.85%
Canton 1 3.85%
Akron 1 3.85%
Toledo 1 3.85%
Youngstown 10 38.46%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 11:18 AM

25 posts, read 56,095 times

Advertisements

we don't believe youuu....you need more people

there is nothin diff in the Nati...than any other cities in ohio...you sit on here and study stats....i be in the nati....fay apt's on sunnyhill...stop ittt

Old 06-19-2008, 11:48 AM

1,071 posts, read 3,048,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4gotmypassword View Post
we don't believe youuu....you need more people

there is nothin diff in the Nati...than any other cities in ohio...you sit on here and study stats....i be in the nati....fay apt's on sunnyhill...stop ittt
you be in the fay? i'm from cali ave. bond hill buddy...chase in northside, van antwerp in avondale. cut it out, i live in columbus and i call this city soft every single day and twice on sunday. and the cleveland folks will tell you, i do go against the stats sometimes. yeah, cleveland's tough but imo it's no worse than cincinnati and it's definitely cleaner and more conducive to comfortable living. where are you from?

Old 06-19-2008, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4gotmypassword View Post
lol...im not gonna sit here and argue how tough your city is or isnt...that is really laaaaame dude...It's obivious your a lame...You try to hard, Just let it go...You call Columbus soft everysingle day wowww...that's really gangster....the record for homicides in the Nati is like 80 something...That's Columbus on a down year.

Bottom line is...Every city has hood and ghettos...and there is nothing diff from a Ghetto in the Nati than there is in Joe Schmo Idaho....If you was really from the hood, You could understand that. And i be everywhere in the Nati...Fay...Clifton...Queensgate...But im from Columbus....BRO
cbus does love its "bro"...but you attacked me, and now you want to take the high road all of a sudden? columbus is not as tough as cincinnati, just face it. near east, linden, southside and off cleveland up north are bad, as well as near west, but it's not cincinnati or cleveland. i'm from the slums and i'm well aware that "the hood is the hood", but overall, columbus doesn't compare to nati and cleveland. try comparing c.o. to indy and minneapolis.

Old 06-19-2008, 04:12 PM

25 posts, read 56,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillside View Post
cbus does love its "bro"...but you attacked me, and now you want to take the high road all of a sudden? columbus is not as tough as cincinnati, just face it. near east, linden, southside and off cleveland up north are bad, as well as near west, but it's not cincinnati or cleveland. i'm from the slums and i'm well aware that "the hood is the hood", but overall, columbus doesn't compare to nati and cleveland. try comparing c.o. to indy and minneapolis.
im not trying to compare one city to another....what is the point? what is the point of sitting on here day after day talking about how bad such and such is....They all have crime I don't get it....Cleveland is the worst...No comparison....I don't get how you put the Nati with Cleveland....But Columbus steadily has more muders than Nati...lol...it's stupid...who gives a ****....

Old 06-19-2008, 04:12 PM

455 posts, read 1,311,133 times
Quote:
In a way, I will agree with you. The Columbus slums are just a bit newer and less obvious to someone from a city with more history. It's kind of funny how the gothic and italianate architecture of Cincinnati (OTR specifically) gives that area a much more dramatic touch, but I don't think it makes the area any more of a "hood" or dangerous than the delapidated post-WWII homes and duplexes of the poorest sections of C-bus... I went to High School down the road from the corner of Mcguffy and Hudson and that area wasn't so bad back in the early 80's. Some of my friends lived up at 11th and Cleveland in Windsor Terrace and up near Northern Lights at Capital Park Projects and I really never felt any sense of impending doom while leaving these places late at night. Bolivar Arms and the area just south of I670 at the Leonard Avenue exit, however, actually is rough. Anyway, rough tough or quiet, the same amount of murders and random index crimes are showcased each morning on WLWT/WCPO as on WBNS/WSYX so, besides the more traditional and dramatic look of the Cinci slums, I'm not sure there is much of a substantial difference.

I do, however, have to give props (not really) where they are due to the lady down here in Cinci that microwaved her baby. Now that is rough!!

Old 06-19-2008, 08:06 PM

3,070 posts, read 7,884,937 times
Quote:
what are you talking about? my opinion is cincinnati, and of course on this blog opinions are cool unless they disagree with folks with stoic reservations. i know plenty of people from cleveland and lorain that think cincinnati is a worse city to live in with a more visible presence of filth, blight and crime. move on outta that bubble, folks.
Im am sorry, but I definitely have to disagree with you on that one. No offense or disrespect, but you are the only person I have ever met or heard that says Cincinnati is worse than Cleveland. I lived in Lorain for a long time and nobody over here thinks Cincinnati is worse, or anybody in Cleveland either

Old 06-19-2008, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cle440 View Post
Im am sorry, but I definitely have to disagree with you on that one. No offense or disrespect, but you are the only person I have ever met or heard that says Cincinnati is worse than Cleveland. I lived in Lorain for a long time and nobody over here thinks Cincinnati is worse, or anybody in Cleveland either

1. you don't live in cincinnati, so that might influence what you hear

2. a month ago, i was coming back from tossing a few with a friend of mine from cleveland, and a friend of his was in columbus from cleveland/lorain. he asked where i was from, i said "cincinnati", and both he and my friend talked actively for a half hour on the balcony about how bad they thought cincinnati was on their own, no suggestions, and very few comments on my part. they came to the consensus that cincinnati was really dirty, old and rundown, and the lorain guy said the only place he'd been as crazy as downtown cincinnati is some ghetto in los angeles. he said he had never seen so many crazy separate incidents happen (people getting knocked out, robbed) in ten minutes in his life. he hasn't been to every single major city, but his point was that parts of cincinnati are as bad as anywhere in america. obviously take it with a grain because everyone's entitled to an opinion, but there are certainly people who think cleveland isn't as bad. it's all in how you look at it, really. if you think dense neighborhoods with blighted rows and townhomes equate to a worse situation, you may think cincinnati, but if you think wide open spaces and lots of lots where buildings used to be translates "slum" more clearly for you, cleveland might seem worse.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:42 PM

352 posts, read 1,167,148 times
Anybody that thinks Cleveland is the worst obviously has not been in Youngstown. That city is the arm pit of Ohio.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:59 AM

455 posts, read 1,311,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikieo415 View Post
Anybody that thinks Cleveland is the worst obviously has not been in Youngstown. That city is the arm pit of Ohio.
Yeah, but the Jersey-tastic Italian girls I dated from that place back in the day... Oh my!!

Old 06-20-2008, 03:06 AM

72 posts, read 170,799 times
Canton's newspaper had an article on this topic today. Here is a link CantonRep.com | The Canton Repository | Canton, Stark County & Northeast Ohio News, Community Events & Classifieds (http://cantonrep.com/index.php?ID=254536&categoryID=11 - broken link)
This report comes from a generic FBI 6 factor system, but i believe there is at least some merit to it. Canton didn't fare as well as I hoped, Akron was a major surprise. Anyway, here are the national rankings:

12 - Cleveland
17 - Dayton
20 - Cincinnati
30 - Canton
35 - Youngstown
44 - Columbus
63 - Toledo
91 - Akron
351 - Parma
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio