U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Most dangerous Ohio city
Cleveland 17 65.38%
Columbus 2 7.69%
Cincinnati 3 11.54%
Dayton 1 3.85%
Canton 1 3.85%
Akron 1 3.85%
Toledo 1 3.85%
Youngstown 10 38.46%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-18-2008, 10:37 AM

56 posts, read 153,946 times

Advertisements

What city do you think is the most dangerous city in Ohio

Old 06-18-2008, 11:29 AM

455 posts, read 1,311,527 times
The national rankings you will find around the internet almost always list Cleveland as the worst of Ohio cities. Youngstown, Dayton, Cincinnati and sometimes Toledo make it into them as well...but yeah, definitely Cleveland. They usually make the top 10 for the entire nation.

Old 06-18-2008, 02:13 PM

25 posts, read 56,115 times
lol...hillside is on a mission to make the Nati the most crime ridden city in America....Cleveland is the worst in Ohio, And one of the worst in the States...But all cities have their crime problems in Ohio

Old 06-19-2008, 02:09 AM

826 posts, read 1,070,244 times
The main crime ridden areas in cleveland is EAST CLEVELAND. Most other areas are perfectly safe. Parma, Shaker, Middleburg, Strongsville...etc are all great to live and safe safe safe

Old 06-19-2008, 03:18 AM

3,070 posts, read 7,887,613 times
Clevelands a great city and a great area but its very crime ridden. Thats not even including all the cities with crime outside of it (East Cleveland, Lorain, Elyria, Euclid...). They named Cleveland 7th most dangerous in America and on the top 101s on city-data Cleveland is on the crime lists a lot, even with the murders way off for 2006 and some other crimes were not reported to the FBI right, if it was correct Cleveland would be top 15 in pretty much all categories of that even with every city in America over 50k included.

Youngstown is just a small Cleveland based on crime, the murder rate is higher but the rest of the crime is higher in Cleveland I think. Cincinnati is bad too, but not on nearly on the level of Cleveland and Youngstown. dayton is bad and its right up there with Cincinnati. The rest of the cities in Ohio arent that bad though. Columbus, Toledo, Akron are basically about average.

Old 06-19-2008, 05:30 AM

The past couple years Columbus has had more murders than Nati....People would say it's bigger or something, But not really....when they count Columbus's population and do crime stats....Most other cities don't do that

Old 06-19-2008, 09:16 AM

455 posts, read 1,311,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4gotmypassword View Post
The past couple years Columbus has had more murders than Nati....People would say it's bigger or something, But not really....when they count Columbus's population and do crime stats....Most other cities don't do that
I grew up in Columbus and have been in Cincinnati for over a year now. The crime in Cincinnati is no worse than Columbus. I have no use for all of the different statistics people are referencing to make a case in either direction. All you need to do is check the local news in both cities (which I do daily) to see that the overnight crime developments are almost exactly the same in both nature and frequency. People seem to think that there is no way Columbus, with it's bright white collar class could be down at the level of a city that borders Kentucky and that has a substantial blue collar population. They are dead wrong. Just because the good in C-bus is "Ohhh so good" doesn't mean the bad isn't neatly tucked away at every corner. Columbus does an outstanding job of sweeping less desirable elements of the city under the rug. Look at The Campus Gateway Project. Walk one half mile east on 11th behind the new structures there and you will not want to stay very long.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:10 AM

pretty much

Mayor coleman needs to stop worrying about kids curfew and check on his police force...They killed 2 people the last 2 weeks, And shot a 16 year old girl infront of the store last night

and in my other post...It was suppose to be they count the suburbs*

Old 06-19-2008, 10:27 AM

1,071 posts, read 3,049,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4gotmypassword View Post
lol...hillside is on a mission to make the Nati the most crime ridden city in America....Cleveland is the worst in Ohio, And one of the worst in the States...But all cities have their crime problems in Ohio
what are you talking about? my opinion is cincinnati, and of course on this blog opinions are cool unless they disagree with folks with stoic reservations. i know plenty of people from cleveland and lorain that think cincinnati is a worse city to live in with a more visible presence of filth, blight and crime. move on outta that bubble, folks.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:29 AM

1,071 posts, read 3,049,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerDu View Post
I grew up in Columbus and have been in Cincinnati for over a year now. The crime in Cincinnati is no worse than Columbus. I have no use for all of the different statistics people are referencing to make a case in either direction. All you need to do is check the local news in both cities (which I do daily) to see that the overnight crime developments are almost exactly the same in both nature and frequency. People seem to think that there is no way Columbus, with it's bright white collar class could be down at the level of a city that borders Kentucky and that has a substantial blue collar population. They are dead wrong. Just because the good in C-bus is "Ohhh so good" doesn't mean the bad isn't neatly tucked away at every corner. Columbus does an outstanding job of sweeping less desirable elements of the city under the rug. Look at The Campus Gateway Project. Walk one half mile east on 11th behind the new structures there and you will not want to stay very long.
i live in that near east area you mention and it is an awful place no doubt about it, but this town has nothing at all on cincinnati.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio