Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 08:24 AM

2,948 posts, read 7,017,802 times

Advertisements

Woodville is a good guess .. But, it happened in the Wayne / Bradner area. And yeah.. sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltimore1985 View Post
1 Thing there not rent-a-cops. An second it doesn't matter u should of not been speeding. If u break the law, u pay the price. Thats way we have tracks to speed on, in a safe place.

Now I do speed my self, an been pulled. But all ways got warning. Even knowing I was about 40mphs over the speed limit. I now my time will when I get a speed ticket
I obviously know that they are not real rent a cops ... It was a referenced based on what my neighbors call the policing force in this area. And, I also want to point out that there was absolutely NO indicator in my post that I wanted to NOT PAY UP for a mistake. What I am trying to avoid are the POINTS associated with paying the fine because I honestly don't want to be paying inflated insurance rates for the next 5 years based on one evening of poor judgement. Unlike what you have described yourself as, I actually DON'T make it a habit to speed on a regular basis. Believe it or not! Because I have wanted to keep a clean driving record.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2008, 10:03 PM

6 posts, read 40,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chance2jump View Post
Woodville is a good guess .. But, it happened in the Wayne / Bradner area. And yeah.. sucks!

I obviously know that they are not real rent a cops ... It was a referenced based on what my neighbors call the policing force in this area. And, I also want to point out that there was absolutely NO indicator in my post that I wanted to NOT PAY UP for a mistake. What I am trying to avoid are the POINTS associated with paying the fine because I honestly don't want to be paying inflated insurance rates for the next 5 years based on one evening of poor judgement. Unlike what you have described yourself as, I actually DON'T make it a habit to speed on a regular basis. Believe it or not! Because I have wanted to keep a clean driving record.
I know here in Maryland. U can pay money to that state to have points taking off your driving record so your in insurance rates don't go up. But u still need to pay the fine.

I don't about Ohio.

Only thing. I can say to get out of the ticket. Is to go to court an hope the cop does not show. They must throw the case out.

Now if the cops does show. The last thing u can do is. Ask the cop how he got your speed. If it was radar ask for his radar log, for that day, plus when was the last time its was Caliubt, an test it to make sure it is working. All cross the county the rule is every 6 months they must be tested it an caliubt. If the cop say no it has no been done the court must throw it out.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:29 PM

1 posts, read 4,469 times
I remember going thru drivers test and asked my officer if I see a speed limit sign when to I speed up before or after the sign? she says as soon as u see it. but what happens when I know that the speed changes?

Old 08-21-2008, 07:56 PM

14 posts, read 67,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chance2jump View Post

1. What are the laws about being issued a ticket outside of the jurisdiction? Or, how can I find more info on that?

A police officer can stop you outside their city if the offense was witnessed by the officer inside their city. So if (for example) an Akron police officer sees you commit an infraction within their city, they can stop you regardless of if you are in their city or not. If you refuse to stop for them they can follow/chase you until you are caught or the chase is called-off by a supervisor.

A simple solution to confusion over this is; don't break the law.

Old 08-21-2008, 08:41 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,202,439 times
Hanging rock on 52 east...do..not...speed...there. ^_~

Old 08-22-2008, 10:55 AM

526 posts, read 1,481,529 times
Adyston, Ohio (Western Hamilton County) -- I always go 5 MPH UNDER the speed limit there. Fortunately it's a small village.

BTW - There are ways you can successfully fight a speeding ticket. One way is to impeach the method by which your speed was measured -- how long ago was the radar instrument calibrated? what kind of training does the officer using the device have? Might be worth a google search of the internet.

My stepson successfully fought a speeding ticket in Hanging Rock.

Old 08-22-2008, 11:11 AM

65 posts, read 253,222 times
i remember once taking a trip to Toronto, Canada. on my way back through Pennsylvania (on rt. 90), i could see the sign ahead welcoming me back to Ohio. this guy next to me was jumping lanes and cut me off (i think he was from NY?) and of course, we were all speeding.

yeah, as soon as i got within 2 miles of that sign, i slowed down because i knew damn well the cops would be on the other side just hoping somebody either from another state or some Ohioan who wasn't paying attention would blow past.

The New Yorker flew on through--only to be stopped by the Highway Patrol. Welcome to Ohio!

Old 08-22-2008, 12:08 PM

74 posts, read 281,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
We ought to compile a list of towns in Ohio where you dare not exceed the speed limit, not even by a tenth of a mph.

Terrace Park in Hamilton County, for instance, where the speed limit drops from 55 outside the village limits, to 50 mph for a few blocks, then 45 for a few more blocks, then 35.

Ha yea I grew up there, the cops are just mean and always interested in harrasing people that pass through.

Old 08-22-2008, 02:16 PM

2,948 posts, read 7,017,802 times
I think there are quite a few small Ohio towns where the cops don't have a whole lot going on.... A bored cop is a pain in the butt cop.

As for my situation, as originally posted, I took the ticket to court and had the charges reduced to a non-moving brake light violation. It came to a higher price, of course, for the "convenience." They were willing to work with since I did have an excellent record with no infractions for the previous 12 months. I'm ok with the higher price to keep my insurance rate lower.

Old 08-23-2008, 12:10 PM

100 posts, read 363,125 times
Wayne in Wood COunty is another small town in Ohio where the cops are quite agressive about speeders going more than 5 mph over the speed limit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
View detailed profiles of: