Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 09:25 AM

4,481 posts, read 6,235,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayton Sux View Post
Physcally, or in terms of "landscape", there is a lot of open space between the subrurban areas of both cities....development at freeway interchanges,but beyond that a lot farmland still (probably more hobby farms at this point).
More open space on the east side of 75. Just west of 75 it's connected more densely
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 09:35 AM

4,241 posts, read 7,174,492 times
^
yeah...esp down in the valley....the urban sprawl from Cincy has enveloped Hamilton, then, from Hamilton ---> Middletown ---> Franklin ----> Miamisburg and you are in Dayton suburbia.

Old 10-24-2012, 10:24 AM

1,606 posts, read 2,838,037 times
It's funny how no one ever talks about Orlando and Daytona that has combined recently. Yet Cincinnati and Dayton is much more connected development wise between those area's.

Old 10-24-2012, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unusualfire View Post
It's funny how no one ever talks about Orlando and Daytona that has combined recently. Yet Cincinnati and Dayton is much more connected development wise between those area's.
Dig that! People would rather come along and claim Dayton and Cincinnati metros haven't grown together because the Census hasn't said so yet.

Old 10-25-2012, 12:21 AM

368 posts, read 638,644 times
having lived in brevard county fla..daytona and cocoa area have always been in the orlando area of dominant influence..being 40 or so miles away and orlando the big city ,airport etc.apples and oranges.dayton is a big city..a csa over 1 million ppl.independant of cincinnati or columbus etc.with its own tv market,etc.polls ,some even less than 10 years ago show dayton has a substantial number of cleveland browns fans...interesting.the browns are awful..who would follow that team??

Old 10-25-2012, 04:50 AM

1,606 posts, read 2,838,037 times
40 miles? Try 56. that even further than Dayton is from Cincy. TV stations? Washington-Baltimore has their separate TV stations, so does Boston and Providence.

Last edited by unusualfire; 10-25-2012 at 05:12 AM..

Old 10-25-2012, 06:42 PM

372 posts, read 465,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet_kinkaid View Post
having lived in brevard county fla..daytona and cocoa area have always been in the orlando area of dominant influence..being 40 or so miles away and orlando the big city ,airport etc.apples and oranges.dayton is a big city..a csa over 1 million ppl.independant of cincinnati or columbus etc.with its own tv market,etc.polls ,some even less than 10 years ago show dayton has a substantial number of cleveland browns fans...interesting.the browns are awful..who would follow that team??
Ok and I lived in Orange County. I worked along I-4 and I can tell you right now that I-4 is not nearly as developed between Daytona and Orlando as 75 is between Dayton and Cincinnati. In fact, once you get past Deland and Deltona, it is very rural and doesn't start to be built back up until you reach Daytona's suburb of Port Orange. Interesting enough, I have family in Volusia County in Daytona Beach Shores and flew into Orlando back in August because I knew the airport (from actually living there for a few years) and just drove to Daytona Beach. When I flew back north I flew out of Daytona's international airport because it was more convenient.

And what do the Browns have to do with Dayton and Cincinnati?

Old 10-25-2012, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRosado View Post
And what do the Browns have to do with Dayton and Cincinnati?
Sh!!!!t.

Quote:
Ok and I lived in Orange County. I worked along I-4 and I can tell you right now that I-4 is not nearly as developed between Daytona and Orlando as 75 is between Dayton and Cincinnati. In fact, once you get past Deland and Deltona, it is very rural and doesn't start to be built back up until you reach Daytona's suburb of Port Orange. Interesting enough, I have family in Volusia County in Daytona Beach Shores and flew into Orlando back in August because I knew the airport (from actually living there for a few years) and just drove to Daytona Beach. When I flew back north I flew out of Daytona's international airport because it was more convenient.
Ahhh! Here you go with common sense again.!!

Old 10-25-2012, 07:41 PM

372 posts, read 465,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
Sh!!!!t.

Ahhh! Here you go with common sense again.!!
I had a little bit of a hiatus this week with school and work, but I will be back in the Cincinnati forum, making a certain poster put me on ignore if I have to. I actually just did a powerpoint presentation on urban decline and growth in my communications class today and found some really relevant articles to post in your one thread. Let the good times roll!

Old 10-26-2012, 06:18 AM

Quote:
I had a little bit of a hiatus this week with school and work, but I will be back in the Cincinnati forum, making a certain poster put me on ignore if I have to. I actually just did a powerpoint presentation on urban decline and growth in my communications class today and found some really relevant articles to post in your one thread. Let the good times roll!
Schweeet!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio