Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2010, 02:38 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,434,707 times

Advertisements

Any snow that way yet? My sister down there said it started to snow about an hour ago and they are predicting up to 8 inches. She's in S.E. about 45 minutes away from New Philadelphia. I hear Delaware and D.C. are talking about up to 30 inches. Geeeeeeeez.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2010, 03:11 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,657,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Any snow that way yet? My sister down there said it started to snow about an hour ago and they are predicting up to 8 inches. She's in S.E. about 45 minutes away from New Philadelphia. I hear Delaware and D.C. are talking about up to 30 inches. Geeeeeeeez.
It started snowing here about 9:30 a.m. this morning and the weatherman says were supposed to get 5 to 8 inches, at this time right now it has basically turned to sleet and the temperature is up to 35°, I suppose it's going to turn back to snow in a little bit and continue through the night, I do have relatives in the Washington, DC area that are telling me they're going to get up to 2 foot of snow, this should be real interesting...

Old 02-05-2010, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
It started snowing here about 9:30 a.m. this morning and the weatherman says were supposed to get 5 to 8 inches, at this time right now it has basically turned to sleet and the temperature is up to 35°, I suppose it's going to turn back to snow in a little bit and continue through the night, I do have relatives in the Washington, DC area that are telling me they're going to get up to 2 foot of snow, this should be real interesting...

Yes this storm should be an interesting one. Also by my sister they are having heavy winds. We are supposed to get about an inch between today and tomorrow. I think all of the snow is down in the lower 48 States. I wouldn't mind an inch or two to cover up the dirty snow on the ground, but I quess I better shut my mouth before I jinx myself.

Old 02-05-2010, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Yes this storm should be an interesting one. Also by my sister they are having heavy winds. We are supposed to get about an inch between today and tomorrow. I think all of the snow is down in the lower 48 States. I wouldn't mind an inch or two to cover up the dirty snow on the ground, but I quess I better shut my mouth before I jinx myself.

Yeah, don't say that too loud.....

Old 02-05-2010, 06:01 PM

169 posts, read 580,461 times
Default N. Ohio

Good evening all...
We started getting snow around 3:30 Wasn't too bad where I work, but the further south I got (@ 22mi) it had snowed much more & was pretty slick. I slid right past the driveway & kept on going even in 3rd gear. Luckily I straightened out my wheel & avoided the ditch Seems we're getting the wet, slippery stuff. Gonna try to hibernate this weekend fur sure!

Old 02-05-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjb123 View Post
Good evening all...
We started getting snow around 3:30 Wasn't too bad where I work, but the further south I got (@ 22mi) it had snowed much more & was pretty slick. I slid right past the driveway & kept on going even in 3rd gear. Luckily I straightened out my wheel & avoided the ditch Seems we're getting the wet, slippery stuff. Gonna try to hibernate this weekend fur sure!

Hi bjb. I know my sister in Ohio was also saying how glad she is that she is off work this weekend. Hibernation in that stuff is good. Good book with a hot cup of coffee, tea or hot chocolate is what I love in that kind of weather. Stay warm and safe.

Old 02-05-2010, 06:40 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,428,052 times
Quote:
Hi bjb. I know my sister in Ohio was also saying how glad she is that she is off work this weekend. Hibernation in that stuff is good. Good book with a hot cup of coffee, tea or hot chocolate is what I love in that kind of weather. Stay warm and safe.
I was just talking to my Brother in Ashland,Ohio. He owns a "Heating & Air Conditioning" business, so he's been busy lately.

Old 02-05-2010, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I was just talking to my Brother in Ashland,Ohio. He owns a "Heating & Air Conditioning" business, so he's been busy lately.

Yes I bet he has with the weather they've been having there. Has your brother lived in Ohio a long time?

Old 02-05-2010, 08:13 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,428,052 times
Quote:
Yes I bet he has with the weather they've been having there. Has your brother lived in Ohio a long time?
15-20 yr's

Old 02-06-2010, 07:56 AM

Well, now we have about 8 inches of snow on the ground and last report says were supposed to get maybe 12 inches, personally I don't think the weatherman knows what he's talking about, keeps changing the amount and it is steadily snowing right now and it's not supposed to stop until about 6 p.m. this evening and we're at a level 3, which means there is supposed to be no vehicles on the highways except emergency vehicles, it sure looks pretty....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio