Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2010, 08:49 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,426,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
I've been on many of Cleveland's streets putting down asphalt and the one thing you learn is to Never walk away from your truck with the doors unlocked. We can't carry firearms while in a commercial vehicle, but that doesn't mean that I won't carry a tire thumper .
I went to see the Cleveland Indians with my Brother in 2005.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 09:32 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,433,506 times
Quote:
I've been on many of Cleveland's streets putting down asphalt and the one thing you learn is to Never walk away from your truck with the doors unlocked. We can't carry firearms while in a commercial vehicle, but that doesn't mean that I won't carry a tire thumper .

About 10 years or so ago my brother-in-law had a fencing business. He got a contract to do fencing for the projects on the East Side of Cleveland. Wellll he was told by some of the punk residents "why are you putting that up, as soon as you leave we'll take it down." He said he told them "I don't care how many times you take it down, I get paid each time I put it back up." Must have took the fun out of it for them cause they left it alone. He always tried to keep his truck within eye sight. He hated finishing that contract; he was even told by the guy who took him around to show him where to put the fencing, "watch where you step." LOL my brother-in-law said "oh you got alot of dogs here." The guy said "no, human ones."

So now you have that type on the West Side, thus it's been reduced to parts looking like and being a ghetto. Makes me furious to see what it's turned into! Former Mayor White had alot to do with that. He cleaned up the East Side real nice and moved the housing projects west. And I'm not saying everyone in a housing project is bad, but the bad ones who usually outnumber the good, ruin a neighborhood real quick.

Old 02-22-2010, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
There you are. Why so quiet lately MK?

Old 02-22-2010, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
There you are. Why so quiet lately MK?
You don't want to hear my problems. Besides, I'm having a hard time believing it myself.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:05 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,140,797 times
Quote:
Quote:
About 10 years or so ago my brother-in-law had a fencing business. He got a contract to do fencing for the projects on the East Side of Cleveland. Wellll he was told by some of the punk residents "why are you putting that up, as soon as you leave we'll take it down." He said he told them "I don't care how many times you take it down, I get paid each time I put it back up." Must have took the fun out of it for them cause they left it alone. He always tried to keep his truck within eye sight. He hated finishing that contract; he was even told by the guy who took him around to show him where to put the fencing, "watch where you step." LOL my brother-in-law said "oh you got alot of dogs here." The guy said "no, human ones."

So now you have that type on the West Side, thus it's been reduced to parts looking like and being a ghetto. Makes me furious to see what it's turned into! Former Mayor White had alot to do with that. He cleaned up the East Side real nice and moved the housing projects west. And I'm not saying everyone in a housing project is bad, but the bad ones who usually outnumber the good, ruin a neighborhood real quick.

And this is why I believe in "Situation Control through Superior Fire Power". I've always told my wife that if someone breaks into the house, open fire and shot to kill. If it's a teenager and they die, oh well. We'll send their mommy and daddy a thank you note for the moving target. I don't care who you are, no one can tell what the age is of an intruder in the dark.

Old 02-22-2010, 02:57 PM

Quote:
And this is why I believe in "Situation Control through Superior Fire Power". I've always told my wife that if someone breaks into the house, open fire and shot to kill. If it's a teenager and they die, oh well. We'll send their mommy and daddy a thank you note for the moving target. I don't care who you are, no one can tell what the age is of an intruder in the dark.

My thoughts exactly!!

Old 02-22-2010, 02:59 PM

Quote:
You don't want to hear my problems. Besides, I'm having a hard time believing it myself.

Sorry to hear you're having problems; if you need to vent, go right ahead.

Old 02-22-2010, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Sorry to hear you're having problems; if you need to vent, go right ahead.
No need to vent, but thanks for the offer.

Old 02-24-2010, 10:28 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,656,986 times
Hey EB, I want to know if you got the license number of the tractor-trailer that went through the middle of my chest, you weren't in Columbus last week were you, because I can guarantee you, he did one hell of a bang up job, good thing it was all good....

Old 02-24-2010, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Hey EB, I want to know if you got the license number of the tractor-trailer that went through the middle of my chest, you weren't in Columbus last week were you, because I can guarantee you, he did one hell of a bang up job, good thing it was all good....
Hey, hey....glad to see you're back and ornery as usual, good sign. . Yep, you can be sure it was EB driving that tractor-trailer and he was probably speeding on top of it. I wouldn't doubt you even have weaving, skid marks from him. Welcome back!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio