Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city has the best skyline
Cleveland 37 33.33%
Columbus 18 16.22%
Cincinnati 45 40.54%
Other 11 9.91%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 12:11 PM

1,071 posts, read 4,452,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeSoHood View Post
Trolling? I'm just being honest. I love Cinci's downtown.. but it isn't much compared to OTHER cities. Cleveland is included with Cinci. Heck, Washington DC doesn't have a downtown but it has some of the best dining in the nation.

I don't think I ever said the downtown was "dead" like you are implying, but whatever.
Yeah....DC has one of the LARGEST and liveliest downtowns in the country. I don't think you've truly experienced some of the cities you comment on, such as Boston, DC, Cincinnati and Atlanta. Remember the pic?

Old 01-16-2009, 08:47 PM

113 posts, read 425,079 times
WOW. Can we rename this thread? I'd like it to be called "Let's see how much we can all argue & there's never going to be a winner" thread These are people's opinions so no matter how much you all argue, people are still going to stick to what they believe. I teach children all day at school & I don't think I heard as many arguments today at school as I did reading this thread! ha ha.

Old 01-17-2009, 08:34 AM

5,509 posts, read 9,492,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livebyoptimism View Post
I teach children all day at school & I don't think I heard as many arguments today at school as I did reading this thread! ha ha.
Well, to be fair, this thread had been started almost four months ago. So there has been more time for childish arguments.

Old 01-17-2009, 10:06 AM

113 posts, read 425,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_C View Post
Well, to be fair, this thread had been started almost four months ago. So there has been more time for childish arguments.
Very valid point.

Old 01-18-2009, 03:31 PM

2,106 posts, read 6,631,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillside View Post
Yeah....DC has one of the LARGEST and liveliest downtowns in the country. I don't think you've truly experienced some of the cities you comment on, such as Boston, DC, Cincinnati and Atlanta. Remember the pic?
I know that. I lived in Washington DC before Cleveland. Specifically Arlington, VA. I'm saying 50 restaurants is nice, but it doesn't do anything in terms of the "look" of a city. And yes, I posted a picture of Atlanta... It came up as I was searching Cleveland - I'm not entirely familiar with how the city looks at every angle as I'm not originally from here. You've mentioned that about 10 times now, it's a little overdone, child

Old 01-18-2009, 03:45 PM

95 posts, read 380,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeSoHood View Post
I'm sorry, but the Gulf Shore of Naples, Florida is more appealing than Cinci, and it isn't even a downtown - it's a row of apartment and condos. When it comes down to it, neither have an impressive downtown. What IS impressive are some of the buildings in Cleveland.

I know the area of Naples you are talking about, it is the most impressive area in the lower Gulf Coast of Florida,

it's like a mile row of high priced condos , I have been there many times,

but in no terms remotely starts to bring comparison to the skylines of Cincy , Cleveland or even Columbus for that matter.

Old 01-18-2009, 06:23 PM

53 posts, read 215,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusnative1985 View Post
Why no love for Columbus? Columbus gets my vote as the best in the state hands down! (THIS, is just MY opinion!!!)

I think a lot has to do with most people outside of Columbus have always considered it to be like a little brother, or sister to Cleveland and Cinicinnati.

However if growth continues in central ohio like it has been, Columbus one day may be the bigger brother or sister of the state...LOL...

Old 01-18-2009, 08:41 PM

2,204 posts, read 6,717,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAN24 View Post
I know the area of Naples you are talking about, it is the most impressive area in the lower Gulf Coast of Florida,

it's like a mile row of high priced condos , I have been there many times,

but in no terms remotely starts to bring comparison to the skylines of Cincy , Cleveland or even Columbus for that matter.
Tman, can you post a picture, I've never seen it?

Old 01-18-2009, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
Tman, can you post a picture, I've never seen it?

Here is the best pic I can find of it.

It looks better in person I think,as do most skylines, but no way you can compare it to Cincinnati.

Old 01-18-2009, 11:14 PM

http://www.lifeinqueencity.com/wp-content/uploads/Copy__1__of_IMG_8007.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio