Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 02:04 PM

2,204 posts, read 6,718,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturdayskids View Post
Their.

Idiot.

Read the post above yours.

Idiot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 02:44 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,903,195 times
Changed it.

Old 09-26-2008, 02:47 PM

826 posts, read 1,625,470 times
Is this thread a joke?

Old 09-26-2008, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post
So from now on does that mean newcomers who are inquiring about the Cincinnati area should only be given info for places north of the river...? Cincinnati and Northern KY market themselves as a region. We don't generally pay attention to the boundary between the state, because it's only a river. There is no "wall of Berlin" or barbed wire fence that differentiates between the states. And by virtue of the fact that Florence, Kentucky is a city in the southern Cincinnati metro area, I think what I said is valid.

As long as the city-bashing stops on the part of all people, and includes no longer bashing those who choose to live in the suburbs, then I'm all for keeping the forums argument-free.
No, if you are interested in Cincinnati, including northern Kentucky, ask away lol. Seriously though, it seems like a Kentucky suburb has been brought into this arguement. Lets just leave it out ok?

aquila, you are a great contributer to the Cincinnati forum, and you hold a huge passion for the suburbs, lol not so much for me, but everyone has their own opinions, and they can be express on here, just keep the tempers down, thats all.

Cincy-rise created this thread to keep all Ohioans (and Kentucky folk) from fighting over our cities. We have such awesome cities that many other states wish they could have, and half the problem is, they are nothing alike eachother. That brings in lots of diversity. Sorry, but many cities in Oregon, Oklahoma and other states share many common identities that just make it more bland IMO.

Lets celerate all that Ohio cities have, and lets just cool down.

Old 09-26-2008, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash83 View Post
Is this thread a joke?
I never got that impression from it. Could it just be from all the arguements in it so far?

Old 09-26-2008, 11:23 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,924,857 times
All Im saying is this. If Cincy-Rise, of all people (lately), is going to make a thread like this, it should be at least a while after they stopped bashing and being snobby themselves. In this case, Cincy-Rise has bashed a number of cities and been snobby in just the past 3 days before making this thread, thats why I see this as a joke. So you bash the cities and say what you want the last minute, and then before anybody else can get any say in it you want to call a truce?

I dont mean to start a huge argument, but you can all see whats wrong with that.

Old 09-27-2008, 11:57 AM

1,597 posts, read 2,147,751 times
Something else I want to add:

Just because some of us may have negative things to say about a city, or a particular project, that does NOT mean we are bashing the whole. Are we not allowed to have our opinions, be they positive or negative? I get particularly tired of everyone thinking Cincinnati is the end all/be all of cities, and any little criticism thrown at it is met with the vehement defense of a pit bull.

Old 09-30-2008, 12:38 AM

1,436 posts, read 3,302,716 times
WOW... I hope this thread remains to be a sticky long into the future! Anyone coming to this forum for information about OH should immediately be made aware of it. This thread represents the mentality and attitudes of majority of the fine Ohioans that make up the pathetic State that OH actually is and continues to refine itself as daily. Way to go Ohio !

I see nothing has changed for the better since leaving ! No surprise...

Old 09-30-2008, 08:23 AM

41,958 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post
I get particularly tired of everyone thinking Cincinnati is the end all/be all of cities, and any little criticism thrown at it is met with the vehement defense of a pit bull.
That, unfortunately, is the Cincinnati Attitude. No self-criticism or self-deprecation or sense of humor allowed (remember the controversy over the flying pigs at Sawyer Point? ); yet residents of other Ohio cities and towns are expected to nod politely and agree when their towns are criticized by Cincinnati residents. And God forbid anyone from Cleveland to Canton to Catawba Station point out any of Cincinnati's flaws.

I love Cincinnati, and loved living there, just as much as the city's biggest cheerleaders. I chose to move to Cincinnati, lived there longer than I've lived anywhere else by choice. I consider myself a Cincinnatian and I'd move back tomorrow if I could. But it ain't perfect, which is something many people from Cincinnati refuse to acknowledge.

Old 09-30-2008, 08:59 AM

2,204 posts, read 6,718,326 times
^ I think you are completely wrong. All one has to do is read the Enquirer's comments. It seems as though the city boosters are definitely the minority here.

The problem doesn't lie where the city doesn't acknowledge problems that need to be addressed, it's the positives and improvements that the people here don't acknowledge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio