Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 08:48 PM

3,343 posts, read 10,936,541 times

Advertisements

Depends on what part of town you're talking about. Where is the house?>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2010, 07:41 AM

72 posts, read 115,273 times
There are indeed prostitutes from the downtown area. I have an empty house next door and I had to chase them off when they brought their "johns" on the other side of my fence. I don't think they will come back anytime soon but they do exist. My neighborhood is really quiet and the price was right so I think with a bit of research you could find many good buys in the Warren area.

Old 04-18-2010, 07:20 PM

571 posts, read 943,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droolrockworm View Post
There are indeed prostitutes from the downtown area. I have an empty house next door and I had to chase them off when they brought their "johns" on the other side of my fence. I don't think they will come back anytime soon but they do exist. My neighborhood is really quiet and the price was right so I think with a bit of research you could find many good buys in the Warren area.
Prostitution is a huge problem here. I vividly remember being propositioned by one while going down by that one bridal store downtown, it was one of the most surreal moments of my life. I was only 16 and didn't know how to react.

Old 07-22-2010, 05:37 PM

2 posts, read 4,101 times
We have plenty of drug selling and Prostitutes and very few police officers to protect law abiding citizens. There are no jobs and school are bad.

Old 09-11-2010, 08:00 PM

6 posts, read 17,700 times
Warren is very bad. Drugs, whores , gangs you name it. I lived in Champion, which is a nice place with very good schools. I know the highschool gets an excellent rating every year. Other small townships around warren are pretty nice too. Just Warren is ****.

Old 09-12-2010, 12:26 AM

160 posts, read 644,252 times
gangs??? LOL!! it sounds like you lived in champion.why are many people from champion and howland sending there kids to warren schools because they have all day kintergarden??

Old 09-12-2010, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtscholar8 View Post
Warren is very bad. Drugs, whores , gangs you name it. I lived in Champion, which is a nice place with very good schools. I know the highschool gets an excellent rating every year. Other small townships around warren are pretty nice too. Just Warren is ****.
It depends what part of Warren you are talking about. There are drugs and whores in every town in america. The difference in some Warren's neighborhoods is that it's out in the open and not too much is done about it.

As for Champion, it's an ok place, but there are some not so nice areas over by the old Copperweld Steel. Also, if you think Champion doesn't have drugs and white trash you're dead wrong. I had a friend that used to get his drugs from a dealer that lived in Champion.

Old 09-13-2010, 04:00 PM

72 posts, read 115,273 times
I grew up in Champion and now live in NE Warren. Champion doesn't have nearly the poverty that Warren does. That being said, Warren (at least where I live) is pretty quiet. I wouldn't be afraid of Warren but if you are someone that hasn't seen a seedier area it may be a bit of a shock. It is nothing compared to Y-Town and I'm not sure that fear should dictate anyone's decision to move here. Housing is about as cheap as anywhere you can find (there are city taxes which are a bit of a pain in the a## though). On the brighter side Fridays by the courthouse in the summer provides free entertainment and the concerts in the ampitheater are usually very nice (there is a small fee to keep out the homeless I think). Warren schools are subpar for the average kid. As a teacher in a bordering district the kids that come from Warren are nowhere near ready even for the general classes. I do have some friends that graduated from Warren that are very well versed in math though (they were advanced students I'm sure). Almost all schools around Warren have open enrollment though so if you can drive your kids or they can drive themselves, there are plenty of options that are better.

Old 09-14-2010, 12:40 AM

160 posts, read 644,252 times
champion doesnt have the wealth warren does either.probably covelli is the richest guy in the area.warren has all new schools also.

Old 09-14-2010, 03:30 AM

^No kidding. There is actually still a lot of money in Warren, the rest lives way up the hill in Howland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio