U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-25-2008, 01:09 PM
 
Location: Cleveland
3,070 posts, read 7,906,492 times
Reputation: 864

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
AGAIN ... Cle440, post a quote where I bashed a city or admit you are wrong and an apology should follow.
Okay, lets see:
"^ For God's sake you're gay and you live in WC?! Man, it gets better and better day." - That sounds like an obvious bash to me.

"So, you see a whopping 4,600 black people in your subdivision and see that as a diverse area? Did I read this right?

aquila, saying that an area is diverse because it is 8.5% black and the rest pretty much white is extremely humorous (assuming that's right). Hell, even 25% doesn't make for a diverse area." - Thats pretty much a bash by any means.

"Lebanon, Euclid, and Plainsville all scream diversity to me. For someone that "really missed the variety of ethnic groups" ... you know how to pick 'em." - Another bash.

That took me 3 minutes. I dont want to get into the technical definition of "bash", as I bet you were about to try and do, but those are just the very obvious attacks on areas I have seen. The saddest part, is all of that is after you made the "truce thread"...And Im sure if I looked more, or asked aquila and others, I could easily find more. And dont get me started on all your slick bashes that you do continuously, thinking that nobody will notice. "Plainsville"? thats a obvious bash. Theres a difference between a polite correction/opinion/statement, and a straight up attack or "bash". So as you see, you have done it a lot, especially lately...Now where is our apology?

Last edited by BelieveInCleve; 10-25-2008 at 01:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-25-2008, 09:33 PM
 
2,204 posts, read 4,466,921 times
Reputation: 364
bash:

1: to strike violently : hit ; also : to injure or damage by striking : smash —often used with in
2: to attack physically or verbally <media bashing> <celebrity bashing>
intransitive verb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cle440 View Post
Okay, lets see:
"^ For God's sake you're gay and you live in WC?! Man, it gets better and better day." - That sounds like an obvious bash to me.
West Chester is highly republican and over 90% white ... Finding it humorous that someone chose this as a place to call home because they are gay is extremely obvious for anyone.

Hell, you'd do it yourself. If someone on CD states that they're gay and they're looking for a tolerant city out of the 3C's wouldn't you state: "you should move to Cleveland, because they are more tolerant." .... am I correct?


Quote:
"So, you see a whopping 4,600 black people in your subdivision and see that as a diverse area? Did I read this right?

Oh I am sorry, is 4,600 black people diverse to you? Oh please be honest here because I really want to know!


Quote:
aquila, saying that an area is diverse because it is 8.5% black and the rest pretty much white is extremely humorous (assuming that's right). Hell, even 25% doesn't make for a diverse area." - Thats pretty much a bash by any means.
Again ... Is 8.5% black diverse to you?! To be honest I don't think you do.

Quote:
"Lebanon, Euclid, and Plainsville all scream diversity to me. For someone that "really missed the variety of ethnic groups" ... you know how to pick 'em." - Another bash.
Same thing ... all of these places have one thing in common ... they're all WHITE. Hello???



You know why it tool you "a whole 3 minutes" ... because you said I had "gone out of my way for the past week to bash Cleveland, and other cities" when in reality your example mostly consisted of West Chester, none of Cleveland, and Plainsville and Lebanon by stating it was not diverse -when even you wouldn't. Am I wrong here? Please do tell!


Cle440, you cannot not beat me at debating, your logic and points are worth 2 cents, and you don't cover your tracks. You can pretty much count on it that when I challenge you to show me where I "bashed" another city ... that I didn't "bash" another city. ESPECIALLY after I created that thread.

Next!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2008, 12:31 AM
 
1,597 posts, read 687,335 times
Reputation: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
bash:

1: to strike violently : hit ; also : to injure or damage by striking : smash —often used with in
2: to attack physically or verbally <media bashing> <celebrity bashing>
intransitive verb



West Chester is highly republican and over 90% white ... Finding it humorous that someone chose this as a place to call home because they are gay is extremely obvious for anyone.

Hell, you'd do it yourself. If someone on CD states that they're gay and they're looking for a tolerant city out of the 3C's wouldn't you state: "you should move to Cleveland, because they are more tolerant." .... am I correct?





Oh I am sorry, is 4,600 black people diverse to you? Oh please be honest here because I really want to know!




Again ... Is 8.5% black diverse to you?! To be honest I don't think you do.



Same thing ... all of these places have one thing in common ... they're all WHITE. Hello???



You know why it tool you "a whole 3 minutes" ... because you said I had "gone out of my way for the past week to bash Cleveland, and other cities" when in reality your example mostly consisted of West Chester, none of Cleveland, and Plainsville and Lebanon by stating it was not diverse -when even you wouldn't. Am I wrong here? Please do tell!


Cle440, you cannot not beat me at debating, your logic and points are worth 2 cents, and you don't cover your tracks. You can pretty much count on it that when I challenge you to show me where I "bashed" another city ... that I didn't "bash" another city. ESPECIALLY after I created that thread.

Next!
Grow up. Seriously. You really need to. There was a point when I was willing to call a truce with you, but as long as your petty nitpicking, childish remarks, and condescending attitude continues, that's not going to happen. And frankly, I can hold my own in a debate. I simply don't LIKE debating because I generally don't like arguing. But for the record, I've already corrected some erroneous information you've posted as "facts" because you were using outdated information.

I've tried to clarify numerous times that my reference to West Chester's diversity was merely to indicate it is diverse enough that a black person/family could feel comfortable here. I don't think I ever said it was the most diverse place in the tri-state, nor WOULD I have said something like that because I know better. However, you like to take one particular element of a post and run with it, beating it to death as if that somehow satisfies your own urge to be proven right. All the while, you don't add ONE freakin' constructive comment to a post. You just argue.

And for the record.....I had no choice but to move to West Chester due to financial reasons 10 years ago. I had to move in with my dad, and he happens to live in a poor West Chester neighborhood. We're not ALL wealthy out here, despite the misconception. Since moving out here, I haven't been in the position to move anywhere else due to various personal situations. If you'd bothered reading anything I wrote about that in the past, you never would have made the wise-butt remark you did above. Instead, you just presumed. Whether or not WC is predominantly Republican is irrelevant to this argument. You somehow felt the need to add that non-sequitur based solely on the revelation that I'm gay. It was nothing but a cheap attempt to mock and belittle me. What a class act you are, Cincy-Rise.

I'm flippin' tired of these pathetic cracks from you, and I'm sure as hell sick of arguing with you all the time. So either start contributing something constructive to the post, or shut up and leave me alone.

Oh - as for me being gay and living in West Chester....I have no problem with it. And neither do the other gay guys in the area. Not all gay men are Democrats, Cincy-Rise. Try Google....it's amazing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2008, 01:54 AM
 
174 posts, read 483,803 times
Reputation: 48
Why so serious


You guys always on here arguing about the dumbest stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2008, 06:25 AM
 
Location: cleveland
1,128 posts, read 2,034,186 times
Reputation: 524
cinci-rise, euclid is not all white and its getting blacker by the day. our inner-ring eastern and south-eastern suburbs are good areas for black families to afford/better schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2008, 10:41 AM
 
Location: Colorado Springs,CO
2,369 posts, read 4,505,855 times
Reputation: 624
As a side note Cincy-Rise you siad that Euclid was an all white city, thats not true in 2000 Euclid was nearly 31% black and alot can change in 8 years.Im from Euclid so I should know.Also according to the stats city-data has for schools Euclid High School is nearly 3/4 black,and most of the middle schools and elementary schools are more then then 75% black.So that doesn't sound like an all white city to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2008, 12:21 PM
 
2,204 posts, read 4,466,921 times
Reputation: 364
Okay ... Okay ... so Euclid is diverse, a lot can happen in the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2008, 12:24 PM
 
2,204 posts, read 4,466,921 times
Reputation: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cle440 View Post
Youve gone out of your way for the past week to bash Cleveland, and other cities.
*waiting patiently*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2008, 02:41 PM
 
1,597 posts, read 687,335 times
Reputation: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye 89 View Post
Why so serious


You guys always on here arguing about the dumbest stuff.
It helps us relax so we can sleep at night!

I don't like arguing, but I also get sick of wisecrack remarks. I do get a bit defensive sometimes, but that's just part of my nature. I'm not perfect...I have various things I need to work on about myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2008, 03:54 PM
 
Location: Cleveland
3,070 posts, read 7,906,492 times
Reputation: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
*waiting patiently*
There you go trying to be all technical again. Before you try to change the subject again, let me add this before you try to turn this on me in order to change the focus from yourself. Im pretty sure I have bashed cities before, and made remarks that insist that Cleveland is superior, most the time I either dont even notice it or its just my opinion, but most of it has to do with facts, and thats the way Ive always been. I admit that. The problem with you is that you dont. You know good and well that you make little remarks all the time saying how Cincinnati is so much superior and putting down other cities. I (and most others) would agree thats "bashing".

You continuously start arguments recently, just to argue. You add nothing good to them at all. Youve also been attacking cities and people for no real reason. As far as debating, I dont like debating or arguing, but I won every single one that I was ever in (check my history, its true), because I tell the truth and make sense. I dont debate just to debate, but you do. All you do is start arguments/debates, and keep dragging them on while adding nothing (just like now). As far as you bashing, I already put up examples of what most people would consider bashing, and you didnt apologize. Look through your posts, you have had little slick bashes and insults to cities thinking that nobody would notice them, you look them up and post them rather than have me waste more of my time on this. If your not going to apologize or admit to these things, dont even bother replying back to me, this is stupid and I dont have the time, thank you. End of "debate".

Last edited by BelieveInCleve; 10-26-2008 at 04:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top