U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 12:39 PM

1 posts, read 4,827 times

Advertisements

I'd like to have some input on Lodi, Ohio! I visited there last May and loved the area but would like to have some honest opinions from people who actually live or have lived there before I invest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2007, 09:43 PM

5,817 posts, read 7,382,267 times
Cool Great little town

I live not to for from Lodi. I find it to be a great little town . Located just a hop skip and jump from I-71, 224, 421 and Rt. 83 goes right thru the middle of it. Plus its a town with some history. The locaol lumber yard is the only place I'll buy any wood that I may need, called of course " Lodi Lumber ". Nice bunch of folks there, they know thier jobs. They have they're on community hospital as well. And if you enjoy doing a little shopping, go to south of town to the Outlet Mall. I hope I helped some.

Old 04-19-2007, 06:38 PM

4 posts, read 18,407 times
Default Loved Lodi?

What did you love about Lodi? There isn't much in Lodi.

Old 04-20-2007, 09:05 PM

6,351 posts, read 13,396,803 times
The Travel Centers of America has a Starbucks for us snooty truckers...

Old 01-04-2008, 11:09 AM

1 posts, read 4,299 times
Smile RE: Lodi

I grew up in this town, a lot of my family still lives there. I am moving back, because I have realized this is where i want to raise my children. Good people with good "old fashioned" values. Great place if this is what you want.

Old 01-04-2008, 09:18 PM

17,218 posts, read 20,234,231 times
I live a little east of Lodi. Lots of nice people, great school system, and homes go from under $100K to half a million. Something for everyone, and also an easy commute to Cleveland, Akron, or Columbus.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:39 AM

5 posts, read 18,864 times
Thumbs up Bring your business to Lodi!

Having lived in Lodi for the past 28 years I can say that it has seen better times, but the opportunities are ripe for establishing a business. We have a downtown area that needs a little spit & polish and some wonderful old buildings, some unfortunately in significant disrepair, that would make the right person a great location to setttle into. We also have an industrial park on the edge of town that has yet to open since we are just getting water & sewer out to it. There are over 100 acres of relatively flat, (helping development costs), property that would make for a tremendous place to locare a business or industry. Adjacent to the industrial park are another 100+ acres currently for sale but in the township, not the village. We would work with someone who wanted to buy it (going rate is about 14K per acre) and help them annex it into the village. We can work out terms and you would enjoy the benefits of being in a 200 acre industrial park with village services along a divided highway, U.S. RTE. 224 and 5 minutes from the I71-I76 interchange which is the 4th busiest interchange in the country, 35 minutes from Cleveland or Akron and their respective international airports. We have our own water, sewer and electric plants and work to keep costs among the lowest in the region. Lodi is the last stop along I-71 through Medina County and is destined to grow. It doesn't mean we will lose our small town charm, but we know change will come and we embrace it as long as our growth is controlled.

Last edited by Yac; 01-08-2008 at 02:35 AM.. Reason: advertising not allowed

Old 01-27-2008, 01:04 PM

5 posts, read 18,864 times
If you think you might consider Lodi as a place to invest, you will likely find that the opportunities exist in a big way. The schools are great, housing (new and used) is available in various price ranges as mentioned by "gentlearts" and I think you would find it worth the trip. Here's hoping you stop by.

Old 01-16-2009, 05:17 PM

2 posts, read 4,938 times
Mayor Dan, Nice posting. Former Mayor Tom

Old 01-18-2009, 05:09 PM

9,474 posts, read 11,792,968 times
What school district?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio