U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 10:11 PM

2 posts, read 3,868 times
Default Anyone in Salem?, I'm looking for some social spots fitting for my age

I moved here about a year ago and i can't really find any social/fun places to hang out for my age.

I'm kinda stuck at an in between point...you see i am 20.

From age 16 to 19 i normally went to skating rinks bowling alleys and the malls. But the people there are a bit young now for me to socialize with especially the women.

I call it the in between point because i am just barely to old to use those spots..yet barely too young to go to bars and clubs and the like.

So anyone know some places in Salem thats a good place to have fun and meet people for a 20 year old male?.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 07:01 AM

1,857 posts, read 2,873,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorman Conall View Post
I moved here about a year ago and i can't really find any social/fun places to hang out for my age.

I'm kinda stuck at an in between point...you see i am 20.

From age 16 to 19 i normally went to skating rinks bowling alleys and the malls. But the people there are a bit young now for me to socialize with especially the women.

I call it the in between point because i am just barely to old to use those spots..yet barely too young to go to bars and clubs and the like.

So anyone know some places in Salem thats a good place to have fun and meet people for a 20 year old male?.
Doubt it, between Salem & Alliance, there are very few spots for college-age kids to hang out. There were a couple spots earlier this decade when I was in college in Alliance since they have Mt. Union. However, it's such a small college, some nights they were hopping and others you could hear the TVs like you were sitting in your living room. One, BW3 closed down, sometimes the 'Hood' as we called it right between Doug's & Wendy's on State Street would have a lively crowd, but it also included older folks. There was Mango's in the Carnation 'small', but I'm not even sure if it's still there and the Bier Haus as well on Union Ave. close to the college. However, all those spots could have as many 30 & 40-somethings as they do people your age as the crowds could really vary. I'm not in to country music at all, so I never went there personally, but a lot of people would always talk about going to the 'Dusty' aka Dusty Armadillo on Rt. 44 in Rootstown, would be about half hour for you to get there though. I'm pretty sure all of these places will let you in even though you're not 21, they'll just mark you so you can't purchase alchohol.

Your best bet will probably be to head up near Boardman/Youngstown, or towards Kent or downtown Akron.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:37 PM

493 posts, read 825,460 times
in columbiana and mahoning counties it doesn't get any better when you are 21. you didn't mention if you are in college or not. if you are, then lots of people your age are also there. consider a visit to the hub, kilcawley, or other commons areas. your next best bet is to drive to pittsburgh then cleveland if you want to meet more interesting random strangers. kent, stow, and akron are only interesting for so long.

Old 11-19-2008, 06:18 PM

if you are looking to hook up with a local chick, you would probably do well to go to the local events as they (infrequently) occur. i've noticed events tend to bring out the bored in the area.

Old 11-20-2008, 12:02 PM

2 posts, read 3,868 times
No I'm not in collage. I can't really afford to drive to far.

I'm in Salem so i could drive to maybe Lisbon, leetonia, colubiana, Alliance, maybe Hartville.

Dang why do i gotta live in such a boring place .

Old 11-20-2008, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorman Conall View Post
Dang why do i gotta live in such a boring place .
don't worry, most people your ask themselves that in the area; especially the non-natives who for whatever reason chose to move in. i'd go to das dutch's bookshop and get a deck of dutch blitz cards. it'll pass the time, and not be too far of a drive to get them.

Old 10-01-2011, 10:29 AM

2 posts, read 827 times
There is nothing to do in salem....and it'd college not collage. Thats an entirely different word.

Old 10-01-2011, 10:38 AM

1,856 posts, read 5,576,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion_pirate View Post
There is nothing to do in salem....and it'd college not collage. Thats an entirely different word.
One of the small skills it takes to interact with an internet forum, and not be labeled a total idiot is to look at the dates of threads before responding to them. So far, you have failed miserably on both attempts.

Old 10-01-2011, 06:32 PM

3,170 posts, read 6,353,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion_pirate View Post
Well, if you're going to be picky, it's "it's" not "it'd" and "That's, not thats".

Old 06-17-2013, 04:01 PM

1 posts, read 207 times
I can understand this situation. I just moved to Salem myself. However, i'm not at the "in between" stage. I'm going on 28, but I'm more of a 21 yr old; mentally. I'm not into some of the things these so called "adults" find enjoyable. I don't believe in the whole giving up things you enjoy, based on your age. %%%% what other people think of you, do what you love. I wouldn't fit in at a hang out spot, with anyone around 30. So i don't bother trying. I'd fit in more with the younger crowd, because their fun. Most 30+ adults are boring as hell. I'm a gamer, a larper, roleplayer, writer, music artist, etc. Feel free to hit me up if you are a new local to salem, who is also bored as hell ha ha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio