U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 02:44 PM

12 posts, read 34,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_C View Post
It's pronounced Jen-A-den-hut-en. ("Jen" like Jennifer, long A, "den" like like bear's den) But, the locals just call it Jenaden.
Wow, I would never have guessed that was how you say it. Thanks for that info. It's a good job I hadn't spoken to a realtor on the phone and said it how i'd been saying it or there'd have been some confusion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 04:10 PM

3,265 posts, read 4,148,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbdawg View Post
Wow, I would never have guessed that was how you say it. Thanks for that info. It's a good job I hadn't spoken to a realtor on the phone and said it how i'd been saying it or there'd have been some confusion.
Glad I could help!

Old 07-14-2009, 08:41 PM

1 posts, read 2,009 times
Property values in Coshocton are at an all time low, so now would be a good time to purchase a home in Coshocton. The 12 year old home next to me has 5000+ square feet of living space and abt 4 acres of ground, priced at abt $600,000, with 1 acre of beautiful landscaping. This is an unusual listing for this city, but homes in all price ranges are available. If you like the Cleveland sports teams, Coshocton is ideal, as you can get all of their teams on local TV (Time Warner), and the drive to Cleveland takes about 3 hours, via I-77. If you dislike the big city hassle, Coshocton is an ideal town to live in if you like to shop or antique, as you can drive to Amish Country or Zanesville in less than 35 minutes, where all the major wholesalers have outlets on the Coshocton side of town. Our schools are not up to date, but our students compete quite well with larger communities. We have 4 golf courses within a 20 minute drive. It IS a quiet small town, with an ABOVE average, well managed hospital and EMS system. Many who live here have been here most of their lives. I grew up in Columbus Ohio, and have NO desire to return. Employment is almost impossible within this area, so if you are looking to retire here, great, but if you are trying to find employment, go elsewhere. MinCam

Old 09-04-2009, 09:40 AM

6 posts, read 9,628 times
Are you still interested in info for the Ohio area???

Old 09-04-2009, 09:53 AM

6 posts, read 9,628 times
Here is a listing in Coshocton that has some acreage, pond and barn with it for what looks like a decent price for the sqare footage it has to offer. Hope this helps. [SIZE=2][SIZE=2]http://www.century21.com/property/index.jsp?id=35260495[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Old 10-13-2009, 06:29 AM

2,178 posts, read 5,047,947 times
I have a cousin that has lived in or around Coshocton for decades.
I visit frequently because she is a widow and I take care of her house repairs, etc, and just make sure she is ok. (Besides, she makes the best banana bread I ever ate, LOL)
Coshocton is a nice little town and provides what you need for everyday living. It is located centrally in an area where you can be in larger towns in an hour or so. Akron, Canton, Columbus, Marrietta, or even Parkersburg Wva.
There are lots of things to do and places to see if you are more into scenic and nature stuff versus big city entertainment.
Salt Fork isn't far away. One of the most popular state parks. There is a river and lakes for fishing in the area.
And you are not very far from Amish country where you can get some of the best fresh fruits and vegetables you ever ate plus cheese, eggs, etc.
Coshocton is about 15 to 20 minutes via rte 36 from I-77.
Akron is about 1 hour from the rte 36, I-77 interterchange. Cleveland is about 45 minutes farther north from Akron. So you could figure about 2 hours to the Cleveland proper.
Coshocton doesn't usualy get the snow that Akron and Cleveland gets and is usualy a few degrees warmer.
Newcomerstown is only a mile or so from the I-77, rte 36 interchange and 15 minutes from Coshocton. If you are an outdoor type of family I'm sure you would enjoy the area.
But don't count on the area providing good paying jobs. There aren't many of those in the area but it is a nice place to live if you are financialy secure or in your case can work from home.
You can get a real nice house for 200k (or less) in or close to town. But if you want a big house on the hill with lots of land you can figure on spending as much as you can afford. There are some high price properties around.
All things considered, the Coshocton, Newcomerstown area is a nice place to live if you aren't hung up on a big city, bright lights, place to live.
As far as tornados and wind are concerned, I have lived in northeast Ohio for almost 63 years and haven't been blown away yet. Anywhere in the midwest is subject to a good thunderstorm once in awhile. Especialy the ones that develope in the Texas panhandle and move northeast. They are called the "panhandle hooks". The wind doesn't blow here all the time like it does out in the western great plain states.
Most houses have basements. In 62 plus years of living here I think I have only went to the basement maybe a half dozen times because of weather.
It's nothing like Oklahoma or Arkansas. I was down there for a couple years when I was in the service. I have never seen storms in Ohio like I saw down there. But that doesn't mean that occasionaly we get some that we pay attention to. If you are looking for a rural type lifestyle with larger cities in short driving distance, I would recommend the Coshocton, Newcomerstown area. Or even the New Philadelphia area.
It isn't that far to Wva. Some of of the prettiest scenery you could ever want to see. Especialy the New River Gorge and Hawks nest areas. Or go north to Lake Erie. Short trips for family fun.
By the way, if it were me, I would ignore Niza.

Old 10-21-2009, 02:48 PM

1,694 posts, read 2,018,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4HomeBuyers740 View Post
ROBHU:If you know how to read you will see that this great site offer free advertisement, on the first page read, read, read, and get knowledge about anything the you will say in public please, Before make false accusations agains anyone... I wish you luck and lots of happiness

Niza
City Forum rules are pretty clear:
Real Estate Agents and other businesses will not advertise their services nor solicit business in their posts. Create a free business profile by going to http://www.city-data.com/profiles/add and fill out your forum profile instead. Do not include links to your websites, MLS listings, etc. in your posts. Do not try to push the envelope by attempting to hide your intentions. Do not solicit business by DMs. Show your knowledge about the area and help people and you will get leads naturally. Real estate agents should join the usergroup for them here: http://www.city-data.com/forum/profi...editusergroups. It will set your user title and add an icon next to your name, so you will get free advertising with your posts.

Old 10-21-2009, 04:50 PM

496 posts, read 873,301 times
znguy is not giving you advice, he is telling you the rules of the community. no one is accusing you of hiding anything. instead, we do not like you flagrantly spamming the community forum trying to drum up business without contributing anything to the community in the form of conversation, insight, or opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio