Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2011, 01:07 PM

390 posts, read 1,048,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abr7rmj View Post
I think all Ohioans should agree on one thing - finding the quickest possible way to get John Kasich out of Columbus
As a liberal I will say this is incredibly arrogant. The guy is good. He wants to reach across aisles and get work done. I think he is going to be the best governor this state has had in quite some time. Why? Because he simply has good, creative ideas. I was talking to representative Peggy Lehner and she said that the last few General Assemblies were very slow, filled with so many stops and go's, and didn't really work towards any goals. It was all about politics. She said its crazy how it has u-turned. Everyday is fast, quick paced, and energetic. The conversation is really happening and Ohio is becoming the state to look at and notice. The mood of the house is changing very dramatically. Apparently the state government hasn't acted so efficient and worried about their A$$ES getting fired in years. Could Ohio be making a comeback? I'm actually very interested to see how John Kasich decides to restructure the state government. I like how he has said raising taxes won't work, but dramatically making cuts won't either. It's all about identifying our cities' assets...and making them known internationally. It's about being business friendly and reinventing our urban centers. It truly is no longer about being D's, I's, or R's. Its about being Ohioans. I'm very excited. It's like he is a progressive conservative. Who'da thunk it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2011, 01:16 PM

2,368 posts, read 5,105,917 times
Raising taxes does work. Trickle down economics does not work. It never has and never will. He's not a progressive conservative. He's an old school, self-serving corporate *****. He is determined to **** the people of Ohio out of their rights and their hard earned money.

Old 03-10-2011, 03:25 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,177,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolaseposter View Post
As a liberal I will say this is incredibly arrogant. The guy is good. He wants to reach across aisles and get work done. I think he is going to be the best governor this state has had in quite some time. Why? Because he simply has good, creative ideas.
Now, if that ain't BS, I don't know what is.

His "good, creative ideas" are right from the anti-labor handbook. There is nothing good nor creative about them.

Old 03-10-2011, 04:01 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,063,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolaseposter View Post
As a liberal I will say this is incredibly arrogant. The guy is good. He wants to reach across aisles and get work done. I think he is going to be the best governor this state has had in quite some time. Why? Because he simply has good, creative ideas. I was talking to representative Peggy Lehner and she said that the last few General Assemblies were very slow, filled with so many stops and go's, and didn't really work towards any goals. It was all about politics. She said its crazy how it has u-turned. Everyday is fast, quick paced, and energetic. The conversation is really happening and Ohio is becoming the state to look at and notice. The mood of the house is changing very dramatically. Apparently the state government hasn't acted so efficient and worried about their A$$ES getting fired in years. Could Ohio be making a comeback? I'm actually very interested to see how John Kasich decides to restructure the state government. I like how he has said raising taxes won't work, but dramatically making cuts won't either. It's all about identifying our cities' assets...and making them known internationally. It's about being business friendly and reinventing our urban centers. It truly is no longer about being D's, I's, or R's. Its about being Ohioans. I'm very excited. It's like he is a progressive conservative. Who'da thunk it?
Lay off the crack. If you are at all liberal in any sense of the world, John Kasich is a nightmare. Even for conservatives, he's not that great.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:12 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,230,152 times
Default Museums

Why is it when people compare cities they alway refer to a museum if they have one. How many people really, really fequent a museum. If that is the primary calling card for a city well then so be it but, I'm gonna go on a limb here and say that 90% of the people living in said towns haven't been to a museum since they were in Elementary School on a field trip.....c'mon!!! Are you kidding me???

Museum's...right up there with Opera. The Wine crowd....lawyers and liars....paaaaleeeeezzzzzzuhhhhh....nothing wrong with either venue but, why don't you zero in on what the other mere 9 out of 10 give a shiite about??? Sports teams are way up there and the rivalary between these two mediocre football gems is legendary. Couple that with a few restaurants and MAJOR attractions (Lake versus River on the 4th of July), Fishing, Universities, babes, etc.....

Museums??? Opera? Symphonies? Christ, that's like the PR person at Enron trying to defend their treasured execs.....

Two Words: Try Harder......

Old 03-10-2011, 06:33 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,177,213 times
Two words: get cultured.

Old 03-10-2011, 09:01 PM

3,281 posts, read 6,277,933 times
Actually, while museums and symphonies alone may not excite some people, these institutions add variety to an overall list of attractions/qualities of a city. I'm proud to say that Cleveland has three major professional sports franchises AND a world class symphony and art museum. How many other cities with less than 400,000 residents can say as much?

Old 03-11-2011, 03:36 AM

125 posts, read 262,886 times
Cincinnati has a world class symphony, several world class museums and universities, two pro sports teams and the best college basketball in the country.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:21 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,698,509 times
Last post and I am done with this thread.

I went to the Cleveland Museum of Natural history umm.. 4 months ago.
And I went to the Cle Museum of Art when they reopened the new wing this past fall.
Museums rock. It's not just for lawyers and whatever other stereotype you want to make. And I am certainly going to MOCA after it is built (Museum of Contemporary Art).
And, of ourse, now that I have a kid we are going to do all the museums again. Probably every year.
I'm not the type to sit around and complain there is nothing to do. I go out and explore my city and spend many weekends acting like a tourist.

"Best College Basketball in the country"
That's subjective, isn't it?
CSU had a great season this year, Kent and Akron both, as well.
I like the Bearcats as much as the next guy since I love all Ohio college teams, but "best in the country"? Come on now.

Let's not forget CLE has 2 minor league baseball teams. 3 if you count the Aeros in Akron.
AND a minor league hockey team.

Old 03-11-2011, 01:37 PM

125 posts, read 262,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Last post and I am done with this thread.

I went to the Cleveland Museum of Natural history umm.. 4 months ago.
And I went to the Cle Museum of Art when they reopened the new wing this past fall.
Museums rock. It's not just for lawyers and whatever other stereotype you want to make. And I am certainly going to MOCA after it is built (Museum of Contemporary Art).
And, of ourse, now that I have a kid we are going to do all the museums again. Probably every year.
I'm not the type to sit around and complain there is nothing to do. I go out and explore my city and spend many weekends acting like a tourist.

"Best College Basketball in the country"
That's subjective, isn't it?
CSU had a great season this year, Kent and Akron both, as well.
I like the Bearcats as much as the next guy since I love all Ohio college teams, but "best in the country"? Come on now.

Let's not forget CLE has 2 minor league baseball teams. 3 if you count the Aeros in Akron.
AND a minor league hockey team.
Teams of interest in the Cinti area - Kentucky, Louisville, Cincinnati, Xavier, Dayton...established programs, winning programs, Division I programs...

I'm not much for minor league sports and I don't consider them anything to brag about in a town with any major league sports.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio