Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 03:19 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,117,432 times

Advertisements

Well as it turns out, it was a workmans comp. case and I ended up making it to the final 17 jurors, Oh great. But anyway the judge asked us all a bunch of question and when he got to the one of, "are there any of you that have had workman comp caes in the past". I raised my right hand along with about 4 others. When he got to me and asked me about my past case, I ungloved and held up my left hand thats missing two fingers and said, "yes, and I'm living with the results of it for the rest of my life". Needless to say I was let go with no problems. My only question is, when they had us all fill out a questionnaire two weeks ago and mailed it back to them, they would have read that as one of my answers. I'm just glad that it wasn't a drug or alchohol case. Now all of us still have until the end of the week to keep calling in too see if we are to be called back in, so we shall see if I can still dodge the bullet.

Old 02-09-2009, 03:55 PM

498 posts, read 1,505,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
Who are you referring to as being &quot;Obnoxious&quot;?</b>
hmmm...

Old 02-09-2009, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 000000 View Post
hmmm...
Whats the matter, cat got your tongue, or just don't have the nerve?

Old 02-09-2009, 05:52 PM

498 posts, read 1,505,140 times
i've already cast my ballot, and will continue to do so in the future; even though THE GOVERNMENT is behind all of the elections.

Old 03-01-2009, 01:23 PM

18,927 posts, read 14,111,175 times
All compulsory "duties" are tied to one's consent to be a citizen, usually evidenced by registering to vote, and other voluntary elections.
"... the term 'citizen,' in the United States, is analogous to the term "subject" in the common law; the change of phrase has resulted from the change in government. ... he who before was a "subject of the King" is now a citizen of the State."
State v. Manuel, 20 N.C. 144 (1838)
Did you think you were born a "U.S. citizen"?
Who told you that?
It's not in the law.
"A Sovereign cannot be named in any statute as merely a 'person' or 'any person'".
Wills v. Michigan State Police, 105 L.Ed. 45 (1989)

"In common usage, the term 'person' does not include the sovereign, [and] statutes employing the [word] are ordinarily construed to exclude it."
Wilson v. Omaha Indian Tribe, 442 U.S. 653, 667, 61 L.Ed2. 153, 99 S.Ct. 2529 (1979)
(quoting United States v. Cooper Corp. 312 U.S. 600, 604, 85 L.Ed. 1071, 61 S.Ct. 742 (1941)).
Did you think that government was sovereign?
"Government is not Sovereignty. Government is the machinery or expedient for expressing the will of the sovereign power."
City of Bisbee v. Cochise County, 78 P. 2d 982, 986, 52 Ariz. 1
Okay, government is NOT sovereign.
"All PERSONS born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."
[14th Amendment, Section 1.]
Uh oh... Sovereign Americans are not persons subject to nor object of the governing power of the servant government.

WHAT sovereign Americans?
"People are supreme, not the state."
Waring v. the Mayor of Savannah, 60 GA at 93.

"The people of the state, as the successors of its former sovereign, are entitled to all the rights which formerly belonged to the king by his own prerogative."
Lansing v. Smith, (1829) 4 Wendell 9, (NY)

"At the Revolution, the sovereignty devolved on the people and they are truly the sovereigns of the country."
Chisholm v. Georgia, 2 Dall. 440, 463
Remember, involuntary servitude is unconstitutional. Therefore all civic duties tied to citizenship are based on voluntary consent. Don't you know how you gave consent?

More on this subject.

Old 03-01-2009, 08:01 PM

69 posts, read 191,468 times
Quote:
They need to start hitting these lazy welfare moms and and people that don't want to work, to do these gabage.
I noticed that you openly profess to believe that "Freedom Isn't Free" but when the check comes to you, you want to say "No thanks."

As much as you may hate to do this "garbage" this is one of the costs in maintaining the representative democracy that we all live under.

And yes, I do understand that this is a hardship.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenD View Post
I noticed that you openly profess to believe that "Freedom Isn't Free" but when the check comes to you, you want to say "No thanks."

As much as you may hate to do this "garbage" this is one of the costs in maintaining the representative democracy that we all live under.

And yes, I do understand that this is a hardship.
Thats OK , I appreciate your candor and honesty. But as much as I do believe in our system, its just ticks me off that they wouldn't listen to the fact that I had just gotten back to work after being laid-off.

thanks KenD, cheers.

Old 03-04-2009, 02:43 AM

69 posts, read 191,468 times
Quote:
Thats OK , I appreciate your candor and honesty. But as much as I do believe in our system, its just ticks me off that they wouldn't listen to the fact that I had just gotten back to work after being laid-off.

thanks KenD, cheers.

SeaBeeBolt

I'm glad you took my comments in the spirit they were offered.

While I understand and empathize with your situation, I'm, not sure there is ever a "good time" to have our lives interrupted, no matter how important the cause may be. When you had your Workman's Comp case, I can almost guarantee you that every single person that sat on your jury had the same feelings of inconvenience as you are experiencing now, (I'm assuming you had a jury.) Without their input, things may have gone differently.

In any case, I would be surprised if your boss looks upon this imposition in any other way than you have been called to do your civic duty and that it will be a temporary interruption in your work, one that you have no control over.

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.

Ken

Old 03-04-2009, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenD View Post

SeaBeeBolt

I'm glad you took my comments in the spirit they were offered.

While I understand and empathize with your situation, I'm, not sure there is ever a "good time" to have our lives interrupted, no matter how important the cause may be. When you had your Workman's Comp case, I can almost guarantee you that every single person that sat on your jury had the same feelings of inconvenience as you are experiencing now, (I'm assuming you had a jury.) Without their input, things may have gone differently.

In any case, I would be surprised if your boss looks upon this imposition in any other way than you have been called to do your civic duty and that it will be a temporary interruption in your work, one that you have no control over.

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.

Ken
My boss was cool about it and even offered to find a way out of it.
And as for my case, It was settled before it even got close to court. The other lawyers knew we had them by the throat and weren't willing to let go until they caved in.
And I do understand what your saying, it just sucks that they're only given any of us $25.00 for the whole day. I lost alot more than that that day, just because I voted . You can bet your sweet bippie I won't be voting for quite some time.

Chow

Old 03-10-2009, 06:33 PM

566 posts, read 603,003 times
Quote:
My boss was cool about it and even offered to find a way out of it.
And as for my case, It was settled before it even got close to court. The other lawyers knew we had them by the throat and weren't willing to let go until they caved in.
And I do understand what your saying, it just sucks that they're only given any of us $25.00 for the whole day. I lost alot more than that that day, just because I voted . You can bet your sweet bippie I won't be voting for quite some time.

Chow
I know I'm kind of late on this and maybe you've changed your mind in the 6 day's it's been since you posted but.....

It's sad that you won't be voting for "quite some time". I always look at Voting and being on Jury Duty as part of being a citizen of a Democracy. I think what you need is to go and live in a country ruled by a dictator, maybe North Korea. I'm pretty sure that they don't have Voting Rights or the Right to a Jury Trial.

I know that this didn't help you AT ALL. You just wanted to moan and complain about something and everyone has those days, I know I do. I see homeless people every day that would love to get paid $25 a day to sit in a warm and dry courthouse listening to a bunch of lawyers but, the letter will never come to their house because they don't have one.

Ciao
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio