Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 08:39 AM

7,686 posts, read 13,090,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawgKlr View Post
Give Lake Hope, near Athens a shot...minimal amenities though. Whats a DW?
A "DW" means Dear Wife and a "DH" means Dear Husband".

Do they hav and boating areas down there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2009, 06:43 AM

3,977 posts, read 3,645,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodworkingmenace View Post
My Family has camped at Tappan lake for many years-->thoug its was many years ago now, and we absoutely fell in love with the place and would always go back. Unfortunately, we had to get rid of our RV, because of City regulations, telling me that we had to not have it showing and couldnt park it on the streets, and since I wasnt going to pay exorbitant rates to park it over the Winter at Camp Grounds, (those who allowed this sort of things, as most Public ones dont, but, private ones do and tend to charge you and arm and a leg for the privledge).
So, we elected to forego the camping days forever and just stay home now. Occasional day fishing trips are in the works for us, but, overnight, (unless we rent a cabin is out of the question).

Tappan lake has camping, a boat dock and marina and has the friendliest people I have ever met! (Yes, I have been camping all over Ohio, and always gravitated back to Tappan).

Ok, thats my take.

May the LORD Bless each of you.

I wish you well...

Jesse
Tappan Lake is so beatiful. Good description Woodworkingmenace!

I always love Jefferson State Lake. You could walk around the lake and it was a good hike with a lot of beauty. A much smaller version but still a nice place to go.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:47 AM

Talking Camping season is back!!!!!!!!!!!

Anymore thoughts on great camping in Ohio?

How about some of the items you take with you on your camping trips.

ie. type of chairs, hamocks, conoes, boats, bikes and rack, stuff foe cooking, things for the family to do, anything .

camping season here in Ohio is about to start and we have reservation for May, June and July already, how about you?

And any good ideas for swaping, tradeing and sale on great camping, conoeing and boating items?

Old 04-15-2009, 11:12 AM

3,343 posts, read 10,889,753 times
I've never camped at Mosquito Lake State Park, but you might want to check it out........

Old 04-15-2009, 03:54 PM

Unhappy Mosquito Lake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CortlandGirl79 View Post
I've never camped at Mosquito Lake State Park, but you might want to check it out........
Mosquito Lake . I don't know if I even like the name of that place, BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

I've heard of it, right now we're working on Barkcamp and Mohican.

Old 04-15-2009, 03:59 PM

LOL I understand being leery of the name, but it's no worse than anywhere else in Ohio for mosquitos! lol I've heard Mohican is nice, but i'm no expert camper either!

Old 04-15-2009, 04:19 PM

Thumbs up Mohican !

Quote:
LOL I understand being leery of the name, but it's no worse than anywhere else in Ohio for mosquitos! lol I've heard Mohican is nice, but i'm no expert camper either!
It is nice, most of the outside camp sites (privately owned) are real nice, pools, conoeing, vollyball, bike trails, hikeing and the list goes on. Lots of history in the area. And in the summer they host the yearly Native American Pow-Wow, NA come in fro all over the country to compete.

Old 04-15-2009, 04:22 PM

That sounds a lot nicer than Mosquito, no pool, but there is a beach and swimming area. I'm not sure i would want to swim there though.

Old 04-15-2009, 05:22 PM

Quote:
That sounds a lot nicer than Mosquito, no pool, but there is a beach and swimming area. I'm not sure i would want to swim there though.
Yep! You can go on thier web site and look around at all the great stuff to do for the whole family. Then look at the privately owned camp sites to see if they offer something more, that may suite you better. You have wineries to take tours in. Lots of shops to go through and the local towns too.
And if your thinking about the Native American Pow-Wow, they'll have that on thier web site as well.

Old 04-16-2009, 06:32 PM

10,603 posts, read 11,621,294 times
I understand Salt Fork Lake, just north of Cambridge is a pretty good place and if you come a little bit further south there's Wolf Run Lake, it's a little out-of-the-way park and campgrounds in Noble County just off Interstate 77 and I think you can find both of these on the Internet..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
View detailed profiles of: