Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 11:11 AM

54 posts, read 212,023 times

Advertisements

The city is filling the air with something that is causing cancer to ruin the lives of many children in the area.

They want to put some other type of plant in the area that is powered by burning tires and automobile fluff??

The city cops have not learned how to fill out a proper police report. Maybe because they are too busy hanging out at the local tattoo shop wasting our tax dollars.

The school sports programs are filled with favoritism. Its not hey that kid can play. Its how much money does his or her family make?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2007, 12:03 PM

93 posts, read 644,028 times
ummm im just gonna throw this out there.... why dont you move?? you can see what people say about everywhere else, why not pick a place and pack your bags? Take a chance, try something new.

Old 03-17-2007, 12:18 PM

79 posts, read 333,642 times
yeah, at this point you sound too jaded to do anything but move... I think that's your best bet to make you happier.

Old 03-17-2007, 08:12 PM

My wife and I are planning a move in a few years. We have had enough.....Thanks for the replies....

Old 03-20-2007, 05:47 PM

50 posts, read 298,530 times
Better yet, why don't you sign up as a Reserve Police Officer and patrol the streets how you feel they should be patrolled. It doesn't do any good complaining on the internet. You could be helping to solve the problems instead.

Old 03-21-2007, 07:21 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,528,307 times
I've delivered and picked up at Whirlpool and I really enjoy dealing with the folks there...

Old 03-23-2007, 06:35 PM

I'm not sure if they have a police program like that and if so why should I have to do someone elses' job. I have a family and my wife and I both work full time to make ends meet. I pay taxes for the police and the community leaders to do their jobs.

Old 03-23-2007, 07:34 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,664,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WedOnSamhain View Post
I'm not sure if they have a police program like that and if so why should I have to do someone elses' job. I have a family and my wife and I both work full time to make ends meet. I pay taxes for the police and the community leaders to do their jobs.
They do have a reserve officer program....or at least they did seeral years ago when I lived in the area.

Clyde is not a hot bed of excitement...it never has been...and I can't imagine why you'd have moved there ever thinking it was.

Old 03-24-2007, 09:35 AM

Well it was not why I moved here but who I moved here for.

Like I said above if the program exists I don't have the time working full time and having a family. Anyway we are moving in the near future. I am not going to continue bashing the community. I just wanted others to know a few things about this town if they had any thoughts of moving here.

Old 03-24-2007, 06:34 PM

Just some few added additions to all of you that have replied to the post. I am WedOnSamhain's wife. I was born and raised in this town. He moved up here from Virginia to be with me and for us to get married and raise our children together. If anyone is jaded about Clyde, Ohio it would be me. I will stay here to allow our four teenagers to finish their high school education with friends that they have had from kindergarten. I also have a sister and mother that live near and since losing my dad less than two years ago, I feel I need to be with my mom as much as I can. After that, then we will move. And yes, Desdemona123, he moved up here with the complete knowledge that Clyde was not going to be a hotbed of activity. I should know, I have been here for over thirty years. Also, I don't believe Desdemona123 is actually thinking of the correct town if she thinks that there was a reserve police department here. Hate to break the news to ya, never has been one and probably never will be. They do offer a resever fire department if you want to participate in that. Clyde is like so many little clicky towns. It will always be who you know to get anywhere or anything. I refuse to rock the boat at this time in my children's lives for fear of them becoming a "marked" kid. That is what will happen. If the parent stirs up trouble or continually goes against the grain or the accepted, then your children pay. I just want my children to finish high school and then my jaded husband and myself will gladly move. The reason we wanted to post on this site was for others to be aware of the scary cancer cluster that our town is under and what this town is ( in one person's opinion ) really like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio