Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2009, 04:55 PM

47 posts, read 152,109 times

Advertisements

HI,
My family is considering moving to Paulding, Ohio (or near there) from Michigan and I have some questions. I would need to find a special education teaching job. Do you know if that area needs teachers? How are the schools? My son is in the high school band here and finding a school that has a good band program is important. My other son is into sports, especially soccer. We also like to camp. Will this area be a good fit for us?
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2009, 08:39 PM

3,968 posts, read 8,498,163 times
Greetings,
I live a little ways away from Paulding but I will try to share what I can.
As far as teachers, certain fields have a surplus and certain fields have a shortage. Due to additional requirements coming from the state, it seems like if any schools are increasing their staffing right now, it is in the area of special ed. You may need to get on the sub lists though to get your foot in the door.

Paulding schools recently completed a building construction and renovation project, so their buildings, although not the newest, seem to be pretty decent. As for the programs, someone else will need to answer that, as I am not familiar with them.

I believe the band at Paulding has been receiving some recognition lately. I seem to remember reading about some awards they earned. Most of the towns have some sort of soccer program, although not all of them have soccer as a varsity sport.

There are a number of camping areas near Paulding, depending on how far you want to go. There are several state parks in the area as well as private campgrounds.

Good luck on your plans. Paulding Exempted Village Schools is the link to their school's website.

Old 03-26-2009, 03:06 PM

47 posts, read 152,109 times
Thanks for posting!

Old 05-04-2009, 10:06 AM

4 posts, read 9,973 times
I have been born and raised in Paulding. I dont know if the schools you are wanting to move your son from is a smaller town school or a city? BUT, I was in the choir in highschool, and I do know that the band and choir always went to districts and state for the competitions. The band does get recognized quite a bit with awards and contests. HOWEVER; if you are wanting it to be....the band getting alot of recognition from the students. You have to remember that this is a small school, which means the band is not the largest either, but good. Soccer, we dont have that as a sport in the school, but there are YMCAs in Van Wert and Defiance that does have soccer as a program.
rrtechno is right about probably having to be on the sub lists to get your foot in the door. When my mom took a break from doing hair she was in the area of helping with the special ed. she did however have to be a sub for a year (which she actually got called quite a bit) and the following year, she was full time. Paulding school systems with the teachers though vary from year to year, that is something you will probably want to call and check on. With me being a former PHS student and living here my whole life, there are things that i should and shouldnt say just from my own opinion, but I dont want my oppinion to alter someones decisions. If you have any questions feel free to send me an email and I will gladly respond back
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio