U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 04-14-2009, 11:17 AM

56 posts, read 103,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam40jeff View Post
Columbiana

Although, if we're talking about "worst looking" and not "most economically depressed" or "least functioning" I would probably say something like Stow or Avon (depressing monotony).

Are you Serious?
Quick reply to this message

Unread 04-14-2009, 11:20 AM

56 posts, read 103,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavercreek33 View Post
LOL I am typing this while sitting in my office. Its Friday so...

When I went to Cleveland, I had a great time, and I really like the urban feel and vibrancy that downtown has to offer. It is a shame that people in Cleveland are so negative about their city, because it has so much to offer over so many other cities across the country.

People don't even realize that every city has urban decay, and has its problems. Its what major cities go through, keyword there being major. People in Cleveland just seem to harp on theirs, and can't be upbeat about anything. A lot of people on here do it too. I look forward to a turnaround in the country's economy and the many awesome projects Cleveland has lined up.
Thank You, Your tha man! or Lady! lol

Finally some positivity about C-Town, you speak the truth.

Unread 04-14-2009, 11:25 AM

405 posts, read 752,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmlicb View Post
Are you Serious?
Yes. I think the cardboard boxes in shades of off-white, expansive parking lots, strip plazas, and wide highways make for some of the ugliest landscape around. But that's just my opinion. Aesthetically, I much prefer small towns, rural areas, and urban areas to the suburbs.

Unread 04-14-2009, 02:19 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,180,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmlicb View Post
Thank You, Your tha man! or Lady! lol

Finally some positivity about C-Town, you speak the truth.

lol first one is correct.

Unread 08-01-2009, 07:59 AM

16 posts, read 24,975 times
youngstown, toledo, springfield, lorain, elyria, east liverpool..... these cities have had the most economic struggles and have had half of thier population leave because off all the steal jobs have left you can pick and other midwest state in the union and they will have all the same issues...... parts of east cleveland are nasty but cleveland as a whole metro i actually think is nice and unique

Unread 08-02-2009, 02:43 AM

20 posts, read 51,696 times
I would say Youngstown. I visit family in that area a few times a year and it's really depressing... like it's stuck in the past.

Unread 08-24-2009, 04:14 PM

2 posts, read 2,728 times
Not to push buttons but Lorain and cinn city are preety bad. Not to mention our crown and jewel Columbus. I am born and raised in Elyria (29yrs.) and personally love this city. There is a huge fiancial opposition here witch I love. U got ur $250,000 and your $35.000 reality here. Just goes to show the cultural clash within a small area witch I think makes this town so great. Everybody can hate and dis Elyria but we have an awesome sports program, city schools are not bad(overall ranking) close to theveland, not a misspelling. It's a REAL town, not a fake, everythings perfect kinda town. I personally would NEVER want my children raised in a FAKE kinda town only knowing the nice and perfect kind of life then to get smacked in the face hard by life as they venture forward in the world. Also, take it from somebody who lived and was raised the "hardknock" life, more richy/plusher towns just means more harsher drugs in the schools. Not to mention the availabilty of them.

Unread 08-24-2009, 05:23 PM

486 posts, read 791,858 times
Columbiana? What the hell. It seems like a cute place.

I second the vote on East Cleveland.

Unread 08-25-2009, 03:37 AM

422 posts, read 754,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavercreek33 View Post
No offense to this poster, but its kind of the negative attitude I am talking about.

I have seen many of his/her posts before, and all they do is talk about how big of a dumb Cleveland is, and all the crime and murders and decay... That talk gets so annoying. Be positive, and look at the positives. I realize there are few of them in today's economy, but that can be said everywhere. I have been all over the country, and Cleveland has so much to offer, but people fail to realize this or JUST DON'T WANT TO...
For every positive there is a negative, it is called reality.

If you choose to focus only on the positive side, that is your perogative.

Personally, I prefer to see the whole picture.

You are criticizing another poster for stating a fact? Maybe you need to take a look at your own attitude?

Unread 08-25-2009, 09:48 AM

74 posts, read 179,258 times
I personally think Columbus is a bit plain. I thought they could have done a better job designing their skyscrapers, especially for having them so spread out, it could have really made the city interesting to look at. I feel both Cincinnati and Cleveland skylines have more character to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio