Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2009, 05:25 AM

6 posts, read 25,026 times

Advertisements

My family and I will be relocating to either the Avon Lake/Bay Village/Westlake area of Cleveland or the Pickerington/Gahanna area of Columbus. I would appreciate any positive or negatives about these 2 areas. Thanks for your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 01:44 PM

110 posts, read 379,211 times
Welcome!
I would only say that the first group (Avon Lake, Bay Village and Westlake) is where I am at, and love it! Can't say much about Columbus, but you said in previous post you have friends there. How important is it to be close to them is up to you, but more important is where will you work? Do you plan to buy a house? If you have kids, maybe consider researching schools before making a decision...
Again, in my opinion, it's important to stay close to work, you do not want to drive from Columbus to CLE everyday to work, especially in winter time!!!
Best of luck to you!

Old 05-12-2009, 05:09 PM

3,281 posts, read 6,273,663 times
Avon Lake, Westlake, and Bay Village are all very nice suburbs of Cleveland. Each also has its own very good school system. Not sure where you're working, but you should have no problem getting around the Cleveland area, or to downtown, from those areas. You can just hop on to I-90 and head right downtown, or easily access some of the other freeways to get to where you need to go.

Old 06-09-2009, 12:21 PM

2 posts, read 4,504 times
Avon Lake is close to the shopping areas in Avon and Westlake, but far enough to avoid all the traffic. It's also close to both the lake and highway 90. Its very family friendly!

Old 06-09-2009, 07:05 PM

69 posts, read 194,431 times
Anything in particular you'd like to know about Pickerington? It's a nice area with good schools on the east side of Columbus. If you tell me a little more about what you're looking for in an area, I can probably answer you a little better.

In general, there's great shopping within a 20 minute radius (plenty of strip malls and grocery stores closer in, Easton Mall a little farther out). It's a great place to raise a family, there's not much crime - mostly speeding tickets and things like that. While its a large residential area, its pretty quiet overall. Lots of single family homes, a few apartment complexes and condos. There are some nice homegrown restaurants in the area, and its about 15-20 minutes to downtown Columbus. Pickerington is an "outside suburb" meaning it gets pretty rural past Pickerington as you move further away from Columbus.

Gahanna is very close to Easton, has a little more urban feel (but still very suburban by big city standards), and has lots of nice neighborhoods, but I'm not as familiar with Gahanna since I've never lived there.

Are you working in Cleveland? Its a long way away from Columbus to drive regularly, especially daily...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio