Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 08:44 AM

15 posts, read 50,357 times

Advertisements

Whenever you get a chance, that would be great. Thanks again for all your help. I thought of another question. Is it true that there are alot of cloudy, overcast days?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2006, 10:52 AM

976 posts, read 3,843,787 times
Right now as i speak it is 91 with blue skies all around. We do get overcast skies here i will not lie but, not like other parts of the nation do. This coming week it is spose to be mid 90s with partly to mostly sunny skies all week long. I was talking to my brother-in-law in Florida on Friday and the weather was worse there than here. He said that they were having overcast and rain. It was about 83 here and partly sunny. Overall Cleveland and Northern Ohio do get their overcast skies just like Florida but, not to the extent of other parts of the nation. When you mainly think of overcast you think of Seattle or Western Washington state. Trust me Ohio is nothing compared to Washington state with cloudy, overcast, cold rainy days. Like i said as i type this i look out my window and there is not a cloud in the sky.

Old 07-17-2006, 10:51 AM

That's reassuring. Actually, after living in the sweltering heat of Florida, it would actually be nice to have some overcast days. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't everday. One other question I have- I've been talking to some of my family, who lived up there at one time. They say that alot of the people are upper class and can be a little "snobby". Is there any truth to this?

Old 07-17-2006, 11:32 AM

Hello jaime, sorry i didnt get your information yesterday. I got called into work. Cleveland's in the process of getting a new convention center. Its like a billion dollar project and we are deciding if it should go on the Lakefront or down by the Flats District.

To answer your question i dont know if Huron is a real upper class area. I know some other cities along the lake like Amherst, Vermilion, Sheffield Lake, and Avon Lake are upper class areas but, i live by some of those areas and the people are very nice. I just mapquested Huron's location so i had a better idea of what areas were around you and im very suprised. You are not far from Westlake and Cleveland's western suburbs. Depending on traffic i would say you are about 30 mins away. If i were you, just giving you ideas here, i would check out some of the western suburbs but, if your heart is set on Huron i will get that information for you. There are some really nice suburbs west of Cleveland and some smaller towns other than Huron outside of Cleveland. The list goes on of smaller towns and cities. Oberlin, Ohio is about 20 mins from Huron. Its a small city of about 8,000 with maple trees lining the streets. Elyria is also a nice city of about 40,000 but, that might be too many people for you. Sorry i am rambling on here, i will get your information on Huron.

Old 07-17-2006, 11:51 AM

Now, this is Lakefront Condos in Huron. If you want check out the website and see if you are interested.
mod cut

These are some homes for sale in Huron. The first page ranges from the mid 300,000s then to the third page around 130,000.
mod cut

Alot of the information i was getting was on hotels and vacation homes. Like i said it is a very popular place for tourists in the summer. I will be looking for more information for you. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Yac; 10-30-2007 at 02:18 PM..

Old 07-18-2006, 04:27 PM

jaime, i was reading up on the construction for your husband, and in Huron there are about 5 new housing developments going up. New businesses are sprouting up almost all over the town. So, you definatly have a secure spot there and, like i said heathcare is booming in Ohio.

Old 07-20-2006, 01:12 PM

I hope some of this information has helped you. I will still keep looking for you. If you need more please feel free to ask.

Old 07-21-2006, 12:16 AM

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! The information you've given me is priceless. I can't wait to look up those websites. I do kind of have my heart set on Huron, but I'd be willing to consider other small towns/suburbs as well. I definately want to be close to the lake. If you don't mind, just keep sending me any information you find-especially about Huron. And thanks for letting me know about the job situation. It is VERY reassuring to know we could easily find jobs when we get there. I'll get back to you after I look up those websites. I'll probably have more questions!

Old 07-21-2006, 08:59 AM

Well im very glad that i could help. If i may mention some other towns that are right on the lake that i think you will really like that in my honest opinion i think are better than Huron.

Check out Vermillion, Lakewood, Brook Park, Westlake, Avon, Avon Lake, Bay Village, and Rocky River and Lorain. There is an endless list to the great small and bigger towns along the lake. There are alot to choose from. And this is just on the western part of Cleveland. In my opinion i like them better than Huron but, that doesnt mean in no way that i think Huron is a horrible town. I really like it there i just think that those towns are better. I will get more information for you.

Old 07-21-2006, 12:41 PM

Thanks. What makes those towns better?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio