Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 02:46 PM

976 posts, read 3,859,926 times

Advertisements

Well, like with Bay Village and Avon Lake they are closer to the city than Huron but, they still have that small town feel to them and they are about the same size in population too. Avon Lake and Bay Village have been voted to have some of the best schools in the country. No lie. Check it out on wikipedia. They are in the western suburbs of Cleveland which are doing really really well. It is a very attractive area. LOL i would know i live around there. Both Avon Lake and Bay Village are right on the lake and are about 15 miles from downtown Cleveland, depending on traffic on the Lakeshore Freeway.

Bay Village has this beautiful park on the lake called Cahoon Park. Very very nice. If you head over to Rocky River there is a park called the Rocky River Reservation it is about a 20 miles of park leading south from the lake down the Rocky River. Very unique and beautiful. There are some really nice suburbs south of Cleveland lots of them but, they arent on the lake and i know you want that. If you ever want to take a trip one day head down to the Cuyahoga Nat'l Park. Yes, a Nat'l park in a city metro. Not too many cities can pull that off. Cuyahoga Nat'l Park is the best nat'l park i have been to. And i have been to alot. And in the winter in Geauga, Cuyahoga, and Summit counties they have ski resorts. So there is alot to do in the summer and winter months.

Now Lorain is a city of about 60,000 people but, it is right on the lake has a great school system is very safe and is about 45 mins from Cleveland. Vermillion is not too far east of Huron, about 15 mins, and it has about 10,000people. Also has great school systems and is very safe.

If you do decide the western suburbs of Cleveland you wont luck out. Construction is booming, i mean really new housing developments everywhere are sprouting up. Including mine which is only in its second stage. So your husband would be perfectly secure. We wont leave you out. The medical career is doing great like i said. I am sure you have heard of the Cleveland Clinic. The best Heart Hospital in the world. The Cleveland Clinic is actually a campus. It is very large. There are billions of dollars going into it and new buildings are being built all over the campus. But, that is in the eastern suburbs. But, my wife is a nurse and there are so many possibilities over here too. Many new offices getting built here for the medical field. Including my wifes office which was just built last year. I really like the western suburbs and they are right on the lake just how you like it.

These are some must reads here. They give you alot of information you might want to know on the town. Including demographics, Income, and i believe on of them has a picture of one of the towns. Hope this helps. I found the information on them greatly helpful.

Bay Village
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bay_Village%2C_Ohio

Vermilion
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vermilion%2C_Ohio

Avon Lake
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avon_Lake%2C_Ohio

Rocky River
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocky_River%2C_Ohio

Sheffield Lake
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheffield_Lake
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2006, 10:03 PM

15 posts, read 50,561 times
It's so hard to make such a huge decision. I will definately check out these websites. But I really like the idea of Cedar Point being only 15 minutes away. I also remember Put-In-Bay and Kelley's Island are really neat places to visit and take the kids. I don't know, I guess the best thing to do is to do as much research as possible on Huron and the other places you've told me about and then make a trip up there to check things out. Bay Village sounds very nice. Lorain- probably a little too big for my tastes. Well, I'll check out the websites anyway and let you know what I think. Thanks-Jaime.

Old 07-22-2006, 02:29 PM

976 posts, read 3,859,926 times
Yes thats probaly the best choice is to do as much research as you can and then take a visit. A visit will help you get a better visual of what a website cant give you. I agree with you 110%, there are alot of great towns to choose from in the Cleveland metro and along the lake. If i had the money i would buy a house and live in each one in a different town every other day. There are alot of choices but, i think you will make the right one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio