U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-25-2009, 12:13 PM

8 posts, read 10,879 times

Advertisements

Hi all! I'm in the beginning stages of relocating to Ohio and am looking for a rental HOUSE in either Marion or Delaware (no condos or townhomes plse). I need a house that will allow dogs and preferrably one with a fence (or at least the option to put one up). Will hopefully be a short-term lease as we would like to buy asap (possibly a rent to own if we like the place?) Anyone have any ideas/options/contacts?? Thanks
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 08:52 PM

7 posts, read 62,762 times
I'm transferring to Marion myself, so far not alot of info around here about the area. I have been looking and found some MLS listing for short sale homes that look pretty good in the Marion area. I'm finding somewhat older homes in town in the $25,000 area. I too asked about renting early on but since I've been looking I think I might go ahead and try and buy since 5 years in a house ought to break even renting and after that I own it... Upkeep is a pain though Where are you moving from, I'm coming from Nashville and it looks like this area of Ohio has been hit hard in comparison. It might be good to look into buying VS renting since homes seem cheap right now.

Good luck...

Old 08-30-2009, 08:43 PM

8 posts, read 10,879 times
moving from CO.. hate it. Work is awful and I took a HUGE pay cut (~38%) by coming here from AZ and wasn't told abt it until I moved -grrr! I've thought abt just buying because we've got 3 dogs and it's a pain to find a rental that will allow for pets (understandably but I don't allow my dogs to destroy anything-they aren't even allowed to dig in the yard). I'm unsure abt what would be best....
I agree, looks like Marion was hit pretty hard but that's my fear abt buying. I don't want to rush in and buy then get stuck with it because it's much easier to buy than it is to sell you know?

Old 07-13-2011, 01:21 PM

2 posts, read 1,807 times
we have a house for sale on Mark St. if you'd like to email me at bordner58@hotmail.com it is also on the Marion County Job & Family Services website. It has a fenced in back yard with nice 2 1/2 car garage. $25,500.

Last edited by Jackiee1976; 07-13-2011 at 01:24 PM.. Reason: additional info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio