Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 09:42 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,997,165 times

Advertisements

Utopia Ohio... its not much of a town if you blink you would miss it.Located in Clermont county on the Ohio River-Rt.52 they had a religious cult start a commune in 1840's like the hippy's of the 1960's...story is they took refuge in the Town Hall during a flood and a wall caved in drowning or freezing some in the icy OHIO & their souls are still wandering the Earth near by...check it out there are several sites on the net.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2010, 11:06 PM

860 posts, read 1,357,370 times
Check out the old Powder Factory about 1-2 miles from Kings Island. Its huge, abandonded, and intimidating as hell during the night, especially during winter months lol.

Old 05-12-2010, 06:08 PM

2,318 posts, read 7,844,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioHillJack View Post
Possibly more ghosts per capita than anyplace in the country.
LOL, I'd love to see a break down of MSA by ghosts per capita on the 2010 census. Doesn't OU have that creepy abandoned insane asylum up on a hill near campus?

Old 12-15-2012, 10:08 AM

1 posts, read 1,788 times
Abbott's tomb is haunted. I grew up playing in that cemetery. One summer about 20 of us met up there for a bike hike and returned there to hang out afterward. It was a bright summer day and we were taking turns looking in Abbots tomb and just fooling around like 14 year olds do. I was standing with 2 friends above and in front of the tomb when an apparition appeared. Some kids hopped on their bikes and got out of there, some hid behind tombstones. My friends and I stood there amazed, just 20 feet away. It was a figure of a tall man in a black suit (turn of the century?) with a top hat on. The only thing is that where his face and hands were was just black. I asked him if he was Abbot and apologized if we were bothering him. He didn't speak and in just a few minutes disappeared right before our eyes. The whole event took less than 5 minutes, but I will never forget it. Later after my son was about 10, I meet up with one of the friends standing with me that day. Her and her son, I and my son went to lunch. We were telling the kids about growing up together when my friends son asked about what happened at Abbots tomb. He thought his mom made the story up. So she insisted that I tell what happened so he would know the truth. Her son couldn't believe it, because I told the story just as she had told it to him. Anyway, I know many of you will not believe this happened, but this is a true event that happened in my life.

Old 12-15-2012, 09:10 PM

7,079 posts, read 8,941,070 times
I was working in the rides department at Kings Island the night tower johnny fell to his death, May 13, 1983. He supposedly still haunts the Eiffel Tower but my wife worked there for several years and never saw anything. Kings Island also has some graves located between Kings Island Dr and the north end of the parking lot.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:07 PM

24,100 posts, read 32,460,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
Can you name and give the locations of Ohio's spookiest spots?

I have one, off Rt30 & SR13 in Mansfeild Ohio the old "Mansfeild Ohio Reformatory" (the Castle) as we call it, was part of filming for "Shawshack Redemption". Scarry as Hell!
What an interesting topic!

I hear that there is a private residence in Warren OH on Central Parkway Ave, where the ghost of a young Indian maiden can be seen running and screaming. The house is only identified as a "private residence on Central Parkway Ave where the bones of a young woman were found in the mid 60s when an attached garage and family room was added.

If you google the Key Words with the street, city, and ghost, it will come up.

My fear? We just bought a house of that street with an extension just like that. I really hope it's another house!

Old 12-27-2012, 06:17 PM

279 posts, read 591,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
Can you name and give the locations of Ohio's spookiest spots?

I have one, off Rt30 & SR13 in Mansfeild Ohio the old "Mansfeild Ohio Reformatory" (the Castle) as we call it, was part of filming for "Shawshack Redemption". Scarry as Hell!
ALL of Athens!

Old 12-28-2012, 01:53 AM

2,744 posts, read 4,233,451 times
Heard that about Athens and our daughter is interested in Ohio University. What's up with that?

Old 12-28-2012, 01:03 PM

279 posts, read 591,854 times
YouTube Search for Fox Family's Special on "The Worlds Most Haunted Places." Athens came in number 13 if I remember correctly.

Wilson Hall is supposed super haunted (it is the oldest building on campus) and supposedly at the center of all the athens grave yards which supposedly make a pentagram....

someone supposedly killed themselves and wrote in the walls in blood in a West Green Dorm Room...that is now supposedly a mechanical room because the blood kept showing through the paint....

Old 01-11-2013, 10:48 PM

192 posts, read 411,949 times
Areas near Kirtland are apparently haunted. I'm pretty sure the Crybaby Bridge isn't haunted, but it's just so creepy sitting in the middle of the woods at night with only the sound of crickets. Creepy. And then there's Squires Castle in the metroparks near Kirtland (Willoughby Hills?). I don't know that story, but I've heard rumors about hauntings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio