Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 06:51 PM

668 posts, read 2,181,642 times

Advertisements

As you say, its a shame that those young people will not commit to each other, and have children out of wedlock, but, it seems times are changing and attitudes with them.
When I was young, it was a 'sin' or a shame on the family if a girl would have a child out of wedlock, but, now its just an ordinary thing, and people are actually living together for years and not even thinking of getting 'legal' anymore.

It seems to show a lack of committment and respect for each other in my opinion, but, like someone told me once, that my opinion doesnt count! Everyone is entitled to thier opinion, and whether anyone wants to take advice or not, they are free in these here United States to accept it or not, and thats what makes America unique and makes her people wonderful.

Whether they are married or not, lets not penalize the child, and try to give support to those who need it, both with moral help, and financial help and any other help that can be offered to each of those Mothers of children, who, through no fault of thier own, are part of this new culture that we see around us. The more we can love these children, the more they will grow up to be an asset to our Community and to themselves.

I wouldnt want to support the idea of the 'last to go' or 'first to go', as it sounds morbid and not a happy issue to anyone who has lost that loved one. Thier grief is immense as it is, so, why compound on it, especially if it was an unfortunate accident or through someones action upon them, and they were the victim of violence.
As always, just my opinion, for what its worth...

I wish you well...

Jesse
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 05:53 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,113,617 times
Talking Please laugh when I go

That's OK Jesse,

Your opinion is well excepted and appreciated and I do understand that's it not the child fault. But all of us have it in our power to break the chain of "that is life". And better ourselves and those around us.
But as for the "first to go and last to go" thing . Personally I know a few people that love the idea, when it's natural causes. I think it would be a kick to be noted as either one. Kind of like the song that says, "Prop me up beside the jukebox when I die". I don't want people to cry at my funeral, I want them to laugh and have fun and remember all the great & wild things I did while I was alive. And if it makes them laugh at the fact that I got to be the first person of the year or the last person of the year to kick the bucket, then have the last laugh on me . It was my pleasure.
But, that's just me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
View detailed profiles of: