Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2010, 04:53 AM

65 posts, read 168,847 times

Advertisements

I was born in Detroit but moved out years ago. I have lived in Tennessee in a very small city or in the suburban areas outside of Detroit. We are currently living within the city limits here in East Tennessee and she has only lived in safe environments her entire life. I am getting mixed information about Lima, the inner city part of Lima. I moved back to Tennessee from Michigan because I couldn't figure out Toledo and didn't want to move into a dangerous area like we did Pueblo, Colorado. So, where is a good place to live within Lima. Is it a good city or a bad city-(Please good information) and what other areas would be good as well? We are used to quiet small cities so that isn't a hinderance for us. We'll be traveling 2 hrs back and forth to visit family in Michigan anyway but I would like a nice quiet area thats affordable where my daughter can go to school, we can raise a garden, have activities and be safe. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2010, 09:27 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,137,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leasmom View Post
I was born in Detroit but moved out years ago. I have lived in Tennessee in a very small city or in the suburban areas outside of Detroit. We are currently living within the city limits here in East Tennessee and she has only lived in safe environments her entire life. I am getting mixed information about Lima, the inner city part of Lima. I moved back to Tennessee from Michigan because I couldn't figure out Toledo and didn't want to move into a dangerous area like we did Pueblo, Colorado. So, where is a good place to live within Lima. Is it a good city or a bad city-(Please good information) and what other areas would be good as well? We are used to quiet small cities so that isn't a hinderance for us. We'll be traveling 2 hrs back and forth to visit family in Michigan anyway but I would like a nice quiet area thats affordable where my daughter can go to school, we can raise a garden, have activities and be safe. Thanks.
OMG!

Why in the world would you ever want to leave Tennessee? Where you over around Knoxville?

Old 01-15-2010, 09:48 AM

65 posts, read 168,847 times
I am closer to North Carolina/Virginia. We just moved back here for the third time and loved it except that I'm in small city and I have a person that looks just like me and people think I'm her. So when I walk into a grocery store I'm followed, harrassed, guarded, and nearly jumped on by security guards at several stores because they think I'm her. So we're moving back closer to family in November. Its too small of a city for people to think I'm a thief and that I'm her. I haven't lived here in 6 yrs and I'm a college graduate but when I go into the grocery store, Walmart-(several), video store, and Walgreens they think I'm her no matter if I say I'm not. Its made my life a living hell!!!

Old 01-15-2010, 10:33 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,137,511 times
Default that sucks

Sorry to hear about all that . It's sad how one person can screw up another's life, just because they resemble one another. No matter where one may go in this country, they will always find the "small town attitude", good or bad. You would think the security guard would have enough brains to find out who the person was and gather the right info on them, but maybe he's just a Barney .
Just remember that "not all small towns are like that".

Sad to hear of your troubles and I hope you the world of good luck when you find the new home town .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
View detailed profiles of: