U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 11:20 AM

310 posts, read 760,285 times

Advertisements

Here in Findlay we had nothing but a dusting on the ground as of 4 pm yesterday. By 10:30 there were drifts probably 18 inches deep. This morning our front walk is clear, but just before our porch begins, we have a 4+ foot drift, right next to a spot where grass is showing.

This is our second OH winter and I have never seen drifting like this before!

What happend where you are?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2010, 12:25 PM

1,381 posts, read 2,508,007 times
We got lucky. Only had about 4-6 inches across the eastern suburbs of Dayton. I've heard some places up north of us, such as Champaign County, were getting at least a foot of the white stuff. Hopefully ODOT can clear I70 before I return to Columbus tomorrow.

Old 02-06-2010, 02:53 PM

52 posts, read 136,998 times
I'd "guesstimate" about 10 inches here in the southeastern corner of Crawford county. It's hard to tell for sure because of all the blowing and drifting. Our road is the last to be plowed, so we may be stuck here for days. I'm just grateful the power is still on. Kids across the way are building snowmen. Reminds me of Calvin and Hobbes.

Old 02-06-2010, 03:32 PM

3,205 posts, read 3,500,885 times
Up here in the NW corner we have about an inch and a half or so. Lots of grass still showing through in the lawns, but we did have about a 4 inch drift on the back patio. The interesting part is we had snow clear up to the doors on both the front and back covered (as well as inset) porches.

Old 02-06-2010, 06:48 PM

3,319 posts, read 4,244,101 times
We got a good 16" here in Youngstown. Not much drifting though. It's been a couple years since we had a good snowstorm, so I'm happy to see it.

Old 02-07-2010, 01:13 PM

3,171 posts, read 6,768,727 times
I think we got about 10" up here north of Warren, our friends in Poland had 16-18".

Old 02-07-2010, 01:29 PM

5,964 posts, read 7,231,640 times
Wow you guys are getting alot of snow, even more so then we have where I am, but hey, I'm not complaining.

My sister who lives in S.E. Ohio said they got a good 10 inches or so but the sun is out today and melting it some.

Old 02-07-2010, 01:37 PM

10,116 posts, read 6,770,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Wow you guys are getting alot of snow, even more so then we have where I am, but hey, I'm not complaining.

My sister who lives in S.E. Ohio said they got a good 10 inches or so but the sun is out today and melting it some.
Hay Apat, now I don't know where in southeastern Ohio your sister lives,but I do know that in the part of southeastern Ohio where I live we're getting some snow flurries off and on since early this morning, been sitting here watching it out of my office window,we got about 10 inches of snow here in the foothills in southeastern Ohio....

Old 02-07-2010, 03:00 PM

5,964 posts, read 7,231,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Hay Apat, now I don't know where in southeastern Ohio your sister lives,but I do know that in the part of southeastern Ohio where I live we're getting some snow flurries off and on since early this morning, been sitting here watching it out of my office window,we got about 10 inches of snow here in the foothills in southeastern Ohio....

She is in Bowerston (Carroll County), its roughly about 45 minutes or so away from New Phildelphia and Dover. So she got same amount of snow you did and she said today more snow predicted Tuesday...she hates snow.

Old 02-07-2010, 03:41 PM

10,116 posts, read 6,770,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
She is in Bowerston (Carroll County), its roughly about 45 minutes or so away from New Phildelphia and Dover. So she got same amount of snow you did and she said today more snow predicted Tuesday...she hates snow.
Apat,I got to tell you,Carroll County is not in Southeast Ohio,according to the map that I have it looks like it's in Northeast Ohio near EB,I'm in Noble County,now that's southeast Ohio,anything below Interstate 70 is south, she probably got as much snow as EB did,my wife has an Aunt that lives in Carrollton,that's in Carroll County.We're still getting some snow flurries here and yes we're supposed to get some more snow on Tuesday.She's living in the wrong place if she hates snow...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio