Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2010, 07:39 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,806,093 times

Advertisements

Looking for any transplants to Oklahoma City from NC....Was it a good move for you....How are you adjusting...Do you wish you had stayed where you moved from...Just curious on your perspective about Oklahoma?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2010, 11:43 AM

4 posts, read 6,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
Looking for any transplants to Oklahoma City from NC....Was it a good move for you....How are you adjusting...Do you wish you had stayed where you moved from...Just curious on your perspective about Oklahoma?
I am from OKC but, now live in Asheville N.C.. I love both cities.

Old 07-03-2010, 12:24 PM

8 posts, read 18,535 times
I'm moving to OKC in the end of the July. Now I am in NC, too. Tornado is amajor concern. I am also a seafood lover, maybe I can not find much fresh seafood in OKC :P

Old 07-03-2010, 12:26 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,806,093 times
Did you like Oklahoma? how does it differ from NC....Cost of Living/Affordability/Nightlife?

Old 08-18-2010, 05:18 PM

2 posts, read 5,710 times
We moved here from FL and it was a culture shock but I like it here, we are selling our home and moving back to FL to be closer to family now though. The tornadoes are scary but your chances of getting a direct hit by one are very low and you can always install a storm shelter

Old 08-27-2010, 05:05 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,262,628 times
OKC has population of over 400,000 and an MSA of over 1 million. There is no where in the Midwest where you will find fresh ocean fish. However if you like cattish, pan fish or bass you can catch your own. OKC is the largest city. The second largest city is Tulsa with a population of 390,000 and a MSA over 1 million, too.

What you find in both cities is good medical care, good colleges and universiites, sports fans, great entertainment and some pretty good food. Although I lived in OK for a number of years, and I very much like he state, I can't speak for upscale shopping or dining in OKC, but I bet you can find it, after all it is the state capital.

What you may not find is products you are familar with, or Trader Joe's, and probably not Costco or Whole Foods. The nearest source I found for those was St. Louis, but Denver might be closer.

Old 08-27-2010, 09:35 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,251,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post

What you may not find is products you are familar with, or Trader Joe's, and probably not Costco or Whole Foods. The nearest source I found for those was St. Louis, but Denver might be closer.
Tulsa has a Whole Foods, its been hear for at least 10 year, started out as Wild Oats. And I think they are building one in OKC now.

Old 08-28-2010, 04:41 AM

533 posts, read 1,711,019 times
Quote:
OKC has population of over 400,000 and an MSA of over 1 million.
Actually the last estimate I read was over 500,000 for the city itself and over 1,200,000 for the MSA.

Quote:
A new Whole Foods is being built in Oklahoma City in the Classen Curve area near Nichols Hills. There is neither Costco nor Trader Joes.

Old 08-28-2010, 06:10 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,981,976 times
Quote:
There is no where in the Midwest where you will find fresh ocean fish..
Both White River Fish Market in Tulsa and Bodeans in Tulsa provide really fresh fish, and considering where they are it is reasonably priced.

White River Fish Market and Restaurant of Tulsa, Oklahoma

Bodean Fish Market

Quote:
FRESH THIS WEEK:
TROLL KING SALMON, ALASKAN HALIBUT, YELLOW FIN TUNA, BOSTON SWORDFISH, TILAPIA, CHILEAN SEA BASS, HADDOCK, COD, BLACK COD, FARMED ATLANTIC SALMON, DAB SOLE, BLUE MARLIN, MAHI-MAHI, CATFISH, TILAPIA, ROCK FISH, BRONZINI, STRIPED BASS, SOFT SHELL CRABS, DIVER SEA SCALLOPS, GEORGES BANK SEA SCALLOPS, PEI MUSSELS, LITTLE NECK CLAM

All seafood is flown in fresh twice daily from around the world.

Old 08-28-2010, 06:17 AM

2,825 posts, read 7,544,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Both White River Fish Market in Tulsa and Bodeans in Tulsa provide really fresh fish, and considering where they are it is reasonably priced.

White River Fish Market and Restaurant of Tulsa, Oklahoma

Bodean Fish Market
Fresh swordfish??? I guess I know what we are having for dinner tonight!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City