Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2010, 05:03 AM

4 posts, read 5,123 times

Advertisements

Location. I have read multiple threads regarding locations. I am specifically looking in the south between 44th & South May Avenue and 59th & Sunnylane.

While I realise that these may not be the best of areas, and I am ok with that, both my boyfriend & I are very used to living close to certain things...work & specific recreations. It seems like OKC is much more spread out than anywhere either of us have lived before.

I need assurance that these are not the worst of areas, and I will be ok. I have lived in downtown areas most of my adult life and we currently live in a largely Hispanic area with no problems.

Also, it seems that while there are many locations that allow pets, the pet deposit seems larger than what I am used to for a couple of cats! How negotiable is the pet deposit with most landlords there?

I am looking forward to discovering a 'new' city & even more so now that I have read the thread that Whole Foods is opening a location in OKC.

One more question. Best sushi in town & is there a Japanese restaurant there that serves traditional Japanese food in addition to sushi?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2010, 11:42 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,503,624 times
Remember the Alamo? You will if you move there. It's certainly not as bad as some inner-city areas, and if you don't have kids in the school system, there are areas in that neighborhood that are habitable.

But if you can, move about 2 or 3 miles South across I-240, and you'll find safer neighborhoods at approximately the same range.

Old 09-13-2010, 06:53 AM

Thank you. I will take that into consideration. There are no children. Neither of us are young nor stupid, so we will probably be ok wherever. I'm more worried about not being able to find a decent Mexican restaurant than being in a neighborhood surrounded by people who, as a whole, are hard-working, family-oriented, & Catholic. It's overt drug consumption & sales that I try to avoid. You smoking a little mj, I'm going to look the other way. You pull out needles, rocks, or powder & we are going to have a problem.

Old 09-13-2010, 03:08 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,503,624 times
Actually, that may not be that bad over there. I'll be going that way tomorrow I think. I'll try to grab some photo's for you.

Old 09-13-2010, 05:42 PM

I would really appreciate that. You can only see so much on Google maps.

Old 09-14-2010, 10:05 AM

Aaahhh! I have called multiple apt complexes today who have asked for a $300 per pet deposit. I will live in the ghetto before I pay $600 for two spayed/neutered adult indoor litterbox trained cats who don't even claw window screens. I am seriously frustrated.

Old 09-14-2010, 10:29 AM

664 posts, read 2,094,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renowynn View Post
Aaahhh! I have called multiple apt complexes today who have asked for a $300 per pet deposit. I will live in the ghetto before I pay $600 for two spayed/neutered adult indoor litterbox trained cats who don't even claw window screens. I am seriously frustrated.
You cats may be but I imagine the landlords are worried about people who do not have such well behaved animals. I would imagine most have probably had run-ins before. You know how a few bad apples spoil the whole batch.....

Old 09-14-2010, 11:45 AM

174 posts, read 450,351 times
I've had this problem with my cats as well. I've lived in some complexes where they wanted an extra $15 to $30 a month for my two declawed, indoor cats. You can probably make a deal with them and only pay the one cat fee. I've done that before.

Old 09-14-2010, 05:03 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,373,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Remember the Alamo? You will if you move there. It's certainly not as bad as some inner-city areas, and if you don't have kids in the school system, there are areas in that neighborhood that are habitable.

But if you can, move about 2 or 3 miles South across I-240, and you'll find safer neighborhoods at approximately the same range.
I agree. Also, if you move to the area around SW 44th & May, there are a lot of illegals in that area. I haven't been around 59th & Sunnylane in ages, but, I'm thinking thats in Del City.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City