Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 07:03 PM

2 posts, read 27,949 times

Advertisements

Can someone help me out!? I am from Tulsa and my little brothers girlfriend just moved to OKC to go to school down there. She does not have a roomate, and her parents did not research where she got her apartment or anything for her. The neighborhood looks a little scetchy, and a friend of mine told me it was a REALLY bad place for a tiny 17 year old girl to be living and that I needed to get her out of there asap he didnt care what it took, and that he would help us. He said it was a REALLY bad area and that all the rapes, murders, etc have happen around there. Ive been searching and searching and can't find a crime map for the area. she lives in an apartment complex right off of I-240 by S. May Avenue. Can anyone help me out, how is that area??????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2007, 10:41 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,617,212 times
I looked on newsok.com at their crime tracker map for OKC, but I couldn't get the address input correctly. If you know the address of the apartment you might try there.

At any rate, I would not want my 23 year old daughter live in an apartment in that area. The area is a low class white area, and being close to the highway just makes it worse for crime. I would take my friend's advice.

Old 07-16-2007, 05:21 PM

52 posts, read 219,247 times
I have tried for 2 days now to resist this and I am sorry I can't...

Can't you just send in Rambo?

Now on a serious note.

It would be the 7400 or so block of S May here are the stats for the area:

181 crimes found within a 0.75 mile radius of 7400 S May

3 Rape
18 Robbery
50 Assault
49 Burglary
56 Auto Theft
2 Arson

Oh yea and to plug in her real address go to Crime - NewsOK.com | Powered by The Oklahoman and NEWS 9 scroll down a little and on the left is a "Crime Search" box enter her actual address and that should tell you exactly by her place.

Old 07-16-2007, 08:40 PM

2 posts, read 27,949 times
Thankyou both! I will go check those out right now. And Dale i would glady send Rambo in, but he's at a school for 6 months learning to work on F-16s :*(

Old 07-16-2007, 09:22 PM

533 posts, read 1,710,420 times
There's a nice apartment complex a few miles south of that location at 10900 South Pennsylvania just to compare. Within .75 miles of that complex there were 66 crimes total.

Old 07-19-2007, 02:41 PM

1,586 posts, read 6,756,597 times
Ya - I can help you. DONT LIVE ON THE SOUTHSIDE. IT IS LIKE THE NORTHSIDE OF TULSA. LIVE ON THE NORTHSIDE. OKC HAS A LOT TO OFFER. YOU JUST NEED A REAL LOCAL TO TELL YOU ABOUT THE FACTS. simply google OKC or Downtown OKC or BRICTOWN OKC ect. ....You should be able to find a great place to live. Crime is lower in OKC than Tulsa. So you dont have to be afraid of any horror stories unless you feel scared in tulsa too. You will know when your surroundings become nicer....you now what I mean??

Old 07-19-2007, 04:12 PM

533 posts, read 1,710,420 times
That's just not true about the south side of Oklahoma City. There are really excellent places to live south. There are excellent places all over Oklahoma City. There are some places that are not nearly so nice all over, too.

Old 07-20-2007, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flintysooner View Post
That's just not true about the south side of Oklahoma City. There are really excellent places to live south. There are excellent places all over Oklahoma City. There are some places that are not nearly so nice all over, too.

Yes the South is getting better. I dont mean to put down the southside. Westmoore is up and coming. Heck, Toby Keith lives there.

Old 07-20-2007, 01:28 PM

3 posts, read 26,193 times
Hey I Just Wanted To Let You Know That I Use To Live At 63rd And May. That Area Is Not Good At All. I'm Not Sure Which Apartment She Is Living In If It Is The One Right Behind The Albertson's Yeah That Is Not A Good Location. If You Have Any Other Question I Am Real Familiar With That Area. My Mother Still Lives There. If I Can Help Just Let Me Know

Old 07-24-2007, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigergirl View Post
Hey I Just Wanted To Let You Know That I Use To Live At 63rd And May. That Area Is Not Good At All. I'm Not Sure Which Apartment She Is Living In If It Is The One Right Behind The Albertson's Yeah That Is Not A Good Location. If You Have Any Other Question I Am Real Familiar With That Area. My Mother Still Lives There. If I Can Help Just Let Me Know
I think you are confused with S. May and SW 63rd. 63rd and May is a business intersection w/ bed bath beyond/comp usa/kinkos/atkins/petsmart. One block east you hit okc golf and country clube/the waterford marriot hotel/nichols hills/chesapeake campus. Just SE is Penn Square mall and NW expressway. North is outabounds(okc departs from Nhills) La Bagette ect..
NW and West is lake hefner area. South is Belle isle/ highrise apartments and condos/nw expressway
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City