Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 08:49 PM

317 posts, read 836,591 times

Advertisements

Not really sure what I'm looking for, but just want to meet the opposite gender for friendship, and maybe even a relationship if it leads up to it. What's the best place to go? bars? which one? I'm really new to going out and looking for people, so definitely want something not too intimidating. I'd like to avoid dating sites. want to physically go somewhere
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2011, 11:29 PM

51 posts, read 471,888 times
Hahaha best thread ever!

I'm new here also and would love to find some women... I'll be watching this to see what these nice people suggest.

Old 06-05-2011, 01:52 AM

2,075 posts, read 2,128,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyS View Post
Hahaha best thread ever!

I'm new here also and would love to find some women... I'll be watching this to see what these nice people suggest.
Well lets see here. In OKC, go to the corner of Reno
& Walker . See the Bus Station there ? Just walk down
the alley behind it for a block or two.. or better yet,
Look South on Walker, see that big road on that bridge there? Its called the interstate. Just hang a
right on it, go 1,475 miles, & call us when you get
there. See what those nice people suggest.

Old 06-05-2011, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Well lets see here. In OKC, go to the corner of Reno
& Walker . See the Bus Station there ? Just walk down
the alley behind it for a block or two.. or better yet,
Look South on Walker, see that big road on that bridge there? Its called the interstate. Just hang a
right on it, go 1,475 miles, & call us when you get
there. See what those nice people suggest.
Umm, I have no idea what you're trying to say...

Old 06-05-2011, 01:59 PM

5,542 posts, read 9,434,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by semidevil View Post
Not really sure what I'm looking for, but just want to meet the opposite gender for friendship, and maybe even a relationship if it leads up to it. What's the best place to go? bars? which one? I'm really new to going out and looking for people, so definitely want something not too intimidating. I'd like to avoid dating sites. want to physically go somewhere
If you're open to church try some of the singles groups there in OK City.

Many larger churches to choose from and you'll find plenty of Oklahoma Belles, I promise! The cool thing is that they'll make you melt in more ways than one and they'll even be prettier on the inside.

Old 06-05-2011, 02:15 PM

2 posts, read 46,840 times
"Mickey Mantle's" after a Thunder game, or Toby Keith's "I Love This Bar" in Bricktown OKC on any given night. Bricktown in general is the best place for meeting people...great night life.

Old 06-05-2011, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
If you're open to church try some of the singles groups there in OK City.

Many larger churches to choose from and you'll find plenty of Oklahoma Belles, I promise! The cool thing is that they'll make you melt in more ways than one and they'll even be prettier on the inside.
Good point on being pretty on the inside, pretty hard to find these days... but I personally am not a fan of church.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKOK View Post
"Mickey Mantle's" after a Thunder game, or Toby Keith's "I Love This Bar" in Bricktown OKC on any given night. Bricktown in general is the best place for meeting people...great night life.
Awesome, maybe one of these nights I'll suck it up and just got out by myself. Not knowing a single soul here makes it kinda hard to venture out and stuff.

Old 06-06-2011, 12:47 PM

180 posts, read 664,822 times
Beware of the trailer trash clubs (Grahams, or any club in South OKC) Unless you like girls of the porker variety.

Old 06-06-2011, 01:43 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,906,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyS View Post
Good point on being pretty on the inside, pretty hard to find these days... but I personally am not a fan of church.
Back when I was a heck of a lot younger and WAY more single, I found churches the best place to pick up women.....I was never into the one night stand thing (I figured if I could get "there" in one night, then so could just about anyone else.......and I wasn't all that keen on the company being kept).........they tended to be warm, friendly, and just as "available" as any other woman.......

Old 06-06-2011, 01:59 PM

778 posts, read 2,311,923 times
I'm assuming that the people wondering about this are about my age (20's). With that in mind, if you want to meet girls the best place I would hang out (in this order) are: Westen Avenue, Classen Curve, Midtown, Norman/Campus Corner, Bricktown, Memorial Road Corridor, NWX Corridor, then everywhere else.

The best "chill places" are probably IMO McNellies in Midtown, Republic in Classen Curve and Cafe Nova and **** O' The Walk off Western. These places you will get the best mix of people and the ladies are usually professional and easy on the eyes.

Bricktown is great for dancing, but as far is talking to girls its a little eh. Unless your sole purpose is to get laid by a drunk girl on her 21st I would avoid (but hey if that's your thing don't let me stop you!).

Norman and Campus Corner; pretty self explanatory. Heavy OU crowd and always a lot of fun, especially after football games. I definitely partied it up here when I was an OU undergrad a few years back and its still a lot of fun, although I don't go as much as I'm increasingly feel like that old weird guy that frequents college joints.

Even though they are in the suburbs, Memorial Road and Northwest Expressay have a few cool places. Buddah Tao and Baker Street are always humming with some UCO hotties since theres nowhere else to go in Edmond. I know Buddah Tao will at least have a DJ on Friday and Saturday night. There's a few randomly scattered places on NWX that allude me. Both areas are popular with cougars on the prowl.

I see one of you has a zip code with Midwest City/Tinker area. Absolutely under no circumstances should you go out to a bar near Tinker. They are seriously hazardous to your health. I know two people who have gone to little joints just north of the base and got their nose broken and tooth knocked out respectively. They all have a weird mix of ghetto, biker, and airmen hothead to be enjoyable. Even the Buffalo Wild Wings on 40 and Sooner is a freakin zoo after 11 on the weeekends. Sorry if I offended anyone but its just been my experience with them.

Another thing: OKC women are nice and pretty cute in the southern belle kinda way, but can be a little clannish (and dare I say insular?). So it may take a little while for them to warm up to you. Don't take it personally if they don't show a lot of interest at first. This is a giant small town socially speaking, so watch out for the ones looking for husbands. Trust me there are a lot here.

Anyway hope this helps. Now go out and have a good time!

EDIT: One of the bars I mentioned shares the same name as slang for male junk that rhymes with "rock"

Last edited by #1soonerfan; 06-06-2011 at 02:12 PM.. Reason: added
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City