Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2010, 02:17 PM

1,586 posts, read 6,756,597 times

Advertisements

Oklahoma City--with its business-friendly environment and abundant oil and natural gas reserves--ranked No. 11 in Forbes' list of the best big cities for jobs. A KPMG study named it the least costly metro area to do business among U.S. cities with populations between 1 million and 2 million, and according to the Census Bureau Community Survey, it has the third-shortest commute time among the 52 largest cities. Such factors--plus its exciting new basketball star, Kevin Durant--have definitely attracted plenty of new residents. An article in the Sacramento Bee reported that many Californians were migrating to the former Dust Bowl town in search of jobs and more stable housing prices, and its population, at 1.2 million, is expected to grow 9.8% in the next 10 years, according to the Greater Oklahoma City Partnership

The Fastest-Growing Cities In The U.S. - Oklahoma City, Okla. - Forbes.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2010, 07:59 AM

1,368 posts, read 3,216,321 times
Default Katie - Bar the door

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytown View Post
An article in the Sacramento Bee reported that many Californians were migrating to the former Dust Bowl town in search of jobs and more stable housing prices, and its population, at 1.2 million, is expected to grow 9.8% in the next 10 years, according to the Greater Oklahoma City Partnership
I don't see the Californians really moving here as they still haven't filled up other parts of the West yet. Plus, when you look at California's finances, do you really want them moving here? They've screwed up state balance sheets from Oregon to Colorado with spending initiatives and equity laws. Although, they would fit in with the "jackpot justice" attorneys and dope smokers in the SE part of Oklahoma.

Old 10-20-2010, 06:36 PM

593 posts, read 1,794,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingcat2k View Post
I don't see the Californians really moving here as they still haven't filled up other parts of the West yet. Plus, when you look at California's finances, do you really want them moving here? They've screwed up state balance sheets from Oregon to Colorado with spending initiatives and equity laws. Although, they would fit in with the "jackpot justice" attorneys and dope smokers in the SE part of Oklahoma.
Forrest Gump has a sibling...

Old 10-21-2010, 11:53 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,573,369 times
Default Kudos To Oklahoma City...............

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytown View Post
Oklahoma City--with its business-friendly environment and abundant oil and natural gas reserves--ranked No. 11 in Forbes' list of the best big cities for jobs. A KPMG study named it the least costly metro area to do business among U.S. cities with populations between 1 million and 2 million, and according to the Census Bureau Community Survey, it has the third-shortest commute time among the 52 largest cities. Such factors--plus its exciting new basketball star, Kevin Durant--have definitely attracted plenty of new residents.

Kudos to Oklahoma City , they are foremost of all American Cities
when it comes to A Massive Urban Turnabout......

An article in the Sacramento Bee reported that many Californians were migrating to the former Dust Bowl town in search of jobs and more stable housing prices, and its population, at 1.2 million, is expected to grow 9.8% in the next 10 years, according to the Greater Oklahoma City Partnership

Most Californian are moving to Western and Mountainous States
Oregon..Washington..Arizona..Nevada...Colorada...N ew Mexico..
Montana....Idaho....

The Fastest-Growing Cities In The U.S. - Oklahoma City, Okla. - Forbes.com

Once Again Kudos To OKLAHOMA CITY.........

Old 10-23-2010, 02:21 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingcat2k View Post
And many Californians would miss their mountains too much to think of moving to Oklahoma. If they bought their homes in California early and cheap and later sold them sky high, I don't have a problem with them and their financial expertise. So I wouldn't be surprised if they know a good investment value in Oklahoma when they think they see one.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:29 PM

73 posts, read 205,756 times
I'm an Easterner from the Philadelphia Area and just relocated to OKC for better housing, better job opportunities and better quality of life. Many from the Northeast will be following my footsteps towards Oklahoma City, our eyes want to leave the past behind of our crumbling cities back east and now are set way beyond the horizon and hills of the Ohio Valley.

Oklahoma City, this is the 21st century, we want the better things in life just as you do, we will be coming, many in numbers; are you ready for us because we are coming?

Old 07-21-2011, 11:19 PM

973 posts, read 2,141,172 times
Congrats! What is the actual order? Is it pic order? If so, I guess we are #3. If I counted right, OKC is #6. Still great, but not top 5. I don't know if I like that we are on list. I like being an unknown diamond in the desert.

I enjoyed passing through your state a few years back. We walked through this awesome light display west of OKC in Yukon. Loved it! =) &, I was rooting for your team this year. I was hoping the Thunder would go all the way! Good luck for next season! =)

Old 07-22-2011, 08:14 AM

641 posts, read 1,072,319 times
The article writer said that basketball star Kevin Durant is a main reason that many people are relocating to OKC? Really? who would base a relocation/home purchase on such a silly thing as that?

Anyway, congrats OKC

Old 07-23-2011, 02:27 AM

24 posts, read 43,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyd1979 View Post
Oklahoma City, this is the 21st century, we want the better things in life just as you do, we will be coming, many in numbers; are you ready for us because we are coming?
Please convince more of your friends and family from back east. We need more diversity from every region!

Old 07-23-2011, 07:39 PM

73 posts, read 205,756 times
How much diversity OKC has, only time will tell and it's been a short for me so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City