U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 06:09 AM

1,591 posts, read 4,520,044 times
As far as I know....along with the whole nation by now...I Would rather have the Hornets...Too much baggage w/supersonics...plus i grew up looking at those cool jerseys...And would hate for them to have to leave their home town...first pro team in seattle...tough situation......I love seattle and would place it in my top 10 best cities. Bad traffic though....Sad how many have such a bad attitude towards OKC....I would be angry over it also. But OKC does have a history with the name of the franchise...Moore witnessed many sonic booms from tinker....It was a test area for the government for supersonic transcontinental transportation.

Last edited by happytown; 09-02-2007 at 06:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2007, 06:16 AM

Well guys...this has been in the news forever now...I am a lil baffled yall havent heard this yet. The Storm will move with the Supersonics...I dont think it is a good idea because OKC...In my opinion...Would be pressed to support another team. The Storm will have to play in the Myriad (Cox Blah). I kinda hope seattle can rally...but unlikely. I think it would be a great idea to have the storm play in Tulsa in The BOK Center(although that venue deserves a NHL team).

Old 09-02-2007, 06:30 AM

3,160 posts, read 7,302,187 times
Well yes, Happytown, but Stern wants us to be quiet about the team moving. Plus, I don't want to get in any flame wars with the Seattle fans.

I think your idea about the Storm in Tulsa might be good for them and the new stadium Tulsa is building. Really, if the teams were to move to Oklahoma, I would think of them as Oklahoma's teams, rather than Tulsa's or OKC's teams.

Old 09-02-2007, 06:43 AM

I would disagree with Oklahomas team...OKC has just put in too much effort. Plus our baseball team is named the oklahoma redhawks...shoulda kept the OKC 89ers name.

Peggy you do know some underground...very true, hush hush situation.

Old 09-02-2007, 07:47 AM

Yeah OKC has really put in the effort, that is very true, and in other areas than sports as well! I liked the old 89ers park, but the Bricktown Ballpark is the most beautiful stadium I have been in ever. I forgot that they are the Oklahoma Redhawks, not the OKC Redhawks. I like them a lot, but I have always been bothered when the best players get called up to the majors. That is why a major league team in any sport would be much more exciting to me.

Gotta get busy. Out of state relatives are visiting today.

Old 09-02-2007, 07:52 AM

11,879 posts, read 24,968,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happytown View Post
I would disagree with Oklahomas team...OKC has just put in too much effort. Plus our baseball team is named the oklahoma redhawks...shoulda kept the OKC 89ers name.

Peggy you do know some underground...very true, hush hush situation.
Ya, I always liked the 89ers and couldn't for the life of me understand why they changed names. I liked "OkC 89ers" not the "Oklahoma Redhawks." It just doesn't sound right.

Old 09-03-2007, 04:41 PM

Here is a good description of the Brick, although it was written a few years ago.
'The Brick' is outstanding - OurSports Central

Last edited by peggydavis; 09-03-2007 at 04:42 PM.. Reason: posted wrong link

Old 09-03-2007, 10:40 PM

Ya- A mini Brick is what Jenks wants..Good Lord I hope it somehow it doesnt happen...It would be cool to see The Brick style or Art deco kinda ballpark in downtown Tulsa for the Drillers...Wouldnt that be cool...a art deco ballpark in downtown! Hey I just liked my idea

Old 09-04-2007, 08:40 AM

That would be so great! Maybe they could build an art deco ballpark near the river if they don't have room downtown. I don't know Tulsa geography that well.

I think it would be world famous.

Old 12-07-2008, 12:41 AM

279 posts, read 728,330 times
I live in Okc and i dont have any bug problems.
haha.
Also; We have A NBA team and to Collage teams.
OU and OSU.
OU is 2nd in the country.
But sounds like youd like portland.
Everyones great here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City