U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 01:02 PM

6 posts, read 14,370 times

Advertisements

what is the cheapest hotel or apartment in oklahoma city. I need to stay there for a month or 2.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 02:38 PM

85 posts, read 97,662 times
Not sure, I do know as you move away from the downtown area the cheaper and nastier the hotels tend to get. Have you considered some of the smaller communities outside of the metro?

Old 01-05-2012, 02:43 PM

4,019 posts, read 5,037,415 times
I have no idea what would be the cheapest. What part of town do you need to be in?

Old 01-06-2012, 04:19 AM

Any part is fine as long as it's not too ghetto. Not too far from OKC.

Old 01-06-2012, 02:13 PM
Status: "Resurrecting to rank of revenant" (set 2 days ago)

Location: Animal Farm: a dystopian sty where swine reign over the simple
400 posts, read 220,551 times
That question is entirely too vague. I used to work in the travel industry and know that hotel prices can vary drastically based on proximity, season, check-in/-out days, local events, name/prestige, cleanliness, area, availability, discounts, etc. You could look into extended stay hotels, but in all honesty you're going to have to do the research/price comparisons on your own.

Old 01-06-2012, 04:22 PM

4,019 posts, read 5,037,415 times
Not too ghetto and not too far from OKC are way too vague also.
What part of OKC do you not want to be too far from? The north side, east west, south, downtown? How far is too far? What is cheap to you? What is ghetto to you? Your definition and mine may way different.

Old 01-07-2012, 02:34 PM

Thank you all for answering.
I've decided that I will live and work in Oklahoma City. I don't know where I will be working yet, so an apartment (300$-400$) anywhere in OKC metro will do (except areas like Norman, I think It's too far from OKC). A ghetto to me is one of those places where it's VERY likely for someone to break into my car for example. That's what I think is ghetto.

Old 01-08-2012, 03:16 PM

1,586 posts, read 4,607,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxwert View Post
Thank you all for answering.
I've decided that I will live and work in Oklahoma City. I don't know where I will be working yet, so an apartment (300$-400$) anywhere in OKC metro will do (except areas like Norman, I think It's too far from OKC). A ghetto to me is one of those places where it's VERY likely for someone to break into my car for example. That's what I think is ghetto.
300-400/month for an apartment is going to be small and 'ghetto'. Your best bet for that price/what you want is finding a garage apartment in Heritage Hills/Mesta Park, which usually takes knowing a friend of a friend situation. Best of luck...

Old 01-08-2012, 04:50 PM

674 posts, read 917,969 times
^^
This. OKC ain't that cheap.

If you are only going to be here a month or 2 you're going to have difficulty securing even a crappy apartment, as leases often require more rent to be paid for such a short term. Your best bst is to get some sort of extended stay place or rent a room off someone.

No offense, but your posts are very vauge. We don't need your life story, but it would be great to know what side of town you will be working on so people can suggest where/what you could live in.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:52 AM

7 posts, read 6,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happytown View Post
300-400/month for an apartment is going to be small and 'ghetto'. Your best bet for that price/what you want is finding a garage apartment in Heritage Hills/Mesta Park, which usually takes knowing a friend of a friend situation. Best of luck...
Excellent post, and true.
You *might* be able to find a studio apartment in NW OKC (i'm not familiar with the south side at all, sorry) on the high end of your budget, but that would be it apartment-wise. Stay away - at all costs - from the Ghetto that is Lyrewood Lane. It's just scary there! If you spend some time Googling, grab an Apartment Finder at a grocery store, do some driving around - that's your best bet. Drive by at different times in the day and see what's happening. That's what has worked best for me. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City