Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2012, 11:01 AM

180 posts, read 668,495 times

Advertisements

Is anyone else here a little more than bugged by the persistent begging for donations in the Wal Mart parking lots? They aren't even based in Oklahoma, they're out of texas.

Does wal mart get some sort of kickback from them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2012, 11:39 AM

4,030 posts, read 10,763,494 times
I've not come across this group, at least that I recall. Who are they? There used to always be some group or other out front of Walmart asking for donations, trying to sell you something you don't want or need, or advertising something but I haven't seen anyone since the Salvation Army at Christmas. I hate that you can't even get in and out of the store without being accosted by someone trying to get some of your money. I don't like to be rude to people, but after a while I just get sick of i.

Old 02-10-2012, 12:24 PM

180 posts, read 668,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debzkidz View Post
I've not come across this group, at least that I recall. Who are they? There used to always be some group or other out front of Walmart asking for donations, trying to sell you something you don't want or need, or advertising something but I haven't seen anyone since the Salvation Army at Christmas. I hate that you can't even get in and out of the store without being accosted by someone trying to get some of your money. I don't like to be rude to people, but after a while I just get sick of i.
From what I gather, they are an organization out of Texas that helps former female drug addicts get straight. They are supposedly former addicts who predominately canvas the parking lot of wal mart but can be found in other areas.

I'm for helping those in need, but they approach your car before you can even get out good and if I help any agency, its going to be one in Oklahoma. Who knows where the money goes once it gets out of state.

Old 02-10-2012, 03:30 PM

4,030 posts, read 10,763,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMM View Post
From what I gather, they are an organization out of Texas that helps former female drug addicts get straight. They are supposedly former addicts who predominately canvas the parking lot of wal mart but can be found in other areas.

I'm for helping those in need, but they approach your car before you can even get out good and if I help any agency, its going to be one in Oklahoma. Who knows where the money goes once it gets out of state.

I'm totally with you on this.

I hate being approached at my car. That's too invasive. Want to make sure I give you nothing, approach my car. It kind of creeps me out. You hear too many stories about people being robbed or hurt as they get in or out of their cars.

I like to help agencies that I have personal knowledge of. It sounds like a great cause, but I want my money to stay here.

Old 02-12-2012, 07:54 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,981,976 times
I had a church group approach a while back. I told them that I didn't know them, I didn't know where they are from, I didn't know where they were going next, I didn't know the faith they purported, I knew nothing about their doctrine, and that I have local people that I help without the benefit of a middleman ministry. Just because its a "church" doesn't give it an exemption from normal courtesy and accountability. When I went into the store I notified management about being harassed in their parking lot. When I left they were no where to be seen.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:57 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,505,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
I had a church group approach a while back. I told them that I didn't know them, I didn't know where they are from, I didn't know where they were going next, I didn't know the faith they purported, I knew nothing about their doctrine, and that I have local people that I help without the benefit of a middleman ministry. Just because its a "church" doesn't give it an exemption from normal courtesy and accountability. When I went into the store I notified management about being harassed in their parking lot. When I left they were no where to be seen.
Truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City